SUGOI

SUGOI 2.2a

So I'm not able to install and play this at the current moment, but I'm super stoked to find out that the other 2 entries are also in here. I assume you have to beat them in order to unlock the whole thing, does that also apply to netgames and how they handle progression? Or is there a way to restrict the game to a specific entry in that situation, such as if I want to just host a subarashii netgame for example.

having a bit of an issue with one of the levels
fudge canyon immediately crashes the game as soon as you step outside of the spawn area. not sure if there's something on one of the other custom builds i installed ages ago that makes it weird but i'm getting the crash pretty consistently (read: twice)

having a bit of an issue with one of the levels
fudge canyon immediately crashes the game as soon as you step outside of the spawn area. not sure if there's something on one of the other custom builds i installed ages ago that makes it weird but i'm getting the crash pretty consistently (read: twice)
It's a known issue, the best you can do is avoiding it for now and finding an emblem in another stage to avoid the necessity of completing it.

1716072586882.png

yea I'm pretty sure this might be the end

From what I've seen, is this mod just the entire SUGOI series (SUGOI to KIMOKAWAIII)? Is that why it's depicted as too large for 2.2.13? Also, I'm wondering if either I need some early version of SRB2 (2.2.14) for it to work with the freeslot increase, or maybe it's just fine if I just add the contents of the update zip and start it, and I'm just doing it wrong.

What I mean is when I add the EXE, pk3, and debug files, it tells me there's no SRB2.exe file to start it, even though I can find it in the SRB2 folder I put it in.

Edit: Nevermind the above text, I think it works now, I might've just accidentally put it in the wrong location.

Last edited:
Got done with Sugio and got more bugs to mention, though some are prob known.

Again, for those that have yet to play this, shield your eyes as this contains spoilers.
===[Kimokawiii Part 2 Area]===
- The Egg Flambe Boss can softlock in his iframes if you hit him as soon as the iframe timer ends, or... if he doesn't 'dash' away.
srb20034.gif

- The Dark Stabot Boss doesn't exist as it's a unknown object, which means that this level is a softlock.
srb20035.gif

```
WARNING: Unknown thing type 2119 placed at (4976, 2512)
```

...should you exit to title screen during this... you get a few lua errors. This also happens if you exit to title in Desolate Woods Zone.
```
WARNING: ...hty\sl_sugoi_v1-0.pk3|lua/kimokawaiii/dwz-pulley.lua:751: Do not access an mobj_t field outside a level!
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
...hty\sl_sugoi_v1-0.pk3|lua/kimokawaiii/dwz-pulley.lua:751: in function <...hty\sl_sugoi_v1-0.pk3|lua/kimokawaiii/dwz-pulley.lua:748>
WARNING: ...y\sl_sugoi_v1-0.pk3|lua/kimokawaiii/dwz-dialogue.lua:774: Do not access an mobj_t field outside a level!
stack traceback:
...y\sl_sugoi_v1-0.pk3|lua/kimokawaiii/dwz-dialogue.lua:774: in function <...y\sl_sugoi_v1-0.pk3|lua/kimokawaiii/dwz-dialogue.lua:771>
WARNING: ...y\sl_sugoi_v1-0.pk3|lua/kimokawaiii/dwz-hookring.lua:914: Do not access an mobj_t field outside a level!
stack traceback:
...y\sl_sugoi_v1-0.pk3|lua/kimokawaiii/dwz-hookring.lua:914: in function <...y\sl_sugoi_v1-0.pk3|lua/kimokawaiii/dwz-hookring.lua:912>
```

- There's a pulley in Desolate Woods Zone that you apparently won't grab after swinging off those weird orb targets. I tried many times and I just couldn't seem to grab it after a swing.
srb20036.gif

- The Boulder Shield when obtained prints out a few lua errors. Boulder Shield can be found in Acidic Alpines Zone if you don't get it via the shop.
srb20037.gif

```
WARNING: ...2-nighty\sl_sugoi_v1-0.pk3|lua/lib/BoulderShield.lua:329: attempt to index upvalue 'cv_renderer' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...2-nighty\sl_sugoi_v1-0.pk3|lua/lib/BoulderShield.lua:329: in function 'DoBoulderVisuals'
...2-nighty\sl_sugoi_v1-0.pk3|lua/lib/BoulderShield.lua:382: in function <...2-nighty\sl_sugoi_v1-0.pk3|lua/lib/BoulderShield.lua:341>
WARNING: ...2-nighty\sl_sugoi_v1-0.pk3|lua/lib/BoulderShield.lua:329: attempt to index upvalue 'cv_renderer' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...2-nighty\sl_sugoi_v1-0.pk3|lua/lib/BoulderShield.lua:329: in function 'DoBoulderVisuals'
...2-nighty\sl_sugoi_v1-0.pk3|lua/lib/BoulderShield.lua:617: in function <...2-nighty\sl_sugoi_v1-0.pk3|lua/lib/BoulderShield.lua:561>
WARNING: ...2-nighty\sl_sugoi_v1-0.pk3|lua/lib/BoulderShield.lua:162: attempt to index upvalue 'cv_powerupdisplay' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...2-nighty\sl_sugoi_v1-0.pk3|lua/lib/BoulderShield.lua:162: in function <...2-nighty\sl_sugoi_v1-0.pk3|lua/lib/BoulderShield.lua:160>
```

- There's a broken music change trigger in Quandary Canyon.
srb20038.gif

```
ERROR: Music MAP01M could not be loaded: lump not found!
```

- Cosmic Valley Zone crashes upon entry
```
Registers:
eax=641e4734 ebx=00000000 ecx=00000000 edx=23de06f4 esi=00000000 edi=00004041
eip=00cabed6 esp=01dff0d0 ebp=23de06f4 iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
cs=0023 ss=002b ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00210202

AddrPC Params
00CABED6 23DE06F4 00004000 23DE06F4 sugoi.exe!Patch_CreateFromDoomPatch
00CC4EB6 1C80443C 00000001 00000070 sugoi.exe!W_CachePatchNumPwad
00CA53A5 23D118E4 00000031 23E170B4 sugoi.exe!R_DrawColumnInCache
00CC4980 00000005 00000234 0000000E sugoi.exe!W_CacheLumpNumPwad
00CA7136 000015A1 00000001 00000000 sugoi.exe!R_GenerateTexture
00C779C8 00000000 00000000 00000000 sugoi.exe!R_PrecacheLevel
```

- The True Protagonist Boss' Minions when you defeat them will cause sprite errors for the player characters depending on what states they were in. These are just a few examples.
srb20050.gif

```
ERROR: R_ProjectSprite: invalid skins["tails"].sprites[SPR2_ROLL] frame 14
ERROR: R_ProjectSprite: invalid skins["tails"].sprites[SPR2_SPIN] frame 14
ERROR: R_ProjectSprite: invalid skins["sonic"].sprites[SPR2_ROLL] frame 14
ERROR: R_ProjectSprite: invalid skins["sonic"].sprites[SPR2_SPIN] frame 14
```

- Sonic turns into a Blue Tails upon starting Dimension Disaster Zone, though... that could be Sonic & Tails issue? Tails' Tails also kinda break when hitting the fans.
srb20045.gif

- One Last Goodbye is prob impossible since the floors do not turn visible, making it very difficult to get through since you won't know the path.
srb20040.gif

TehRealSalt updated SUGOI with a new update entry:

v2.1 release

• Added a TEXTURES loading crash fix to the SUGOI EXE. This bug appeared randomly depending on file packaging order in the PK3. Notably, this fixes Fudge Canyon and Cosmic Valley not loading in v1.0.
  • Fixed being unable to use the Master Server or join netgames in the SUGOI EXE.
  • Fixed Dark Stabot's assets not loading.
  • Fixed a typo in One Last Goodbye's code preventing fading platforms from appearing.
  • Fixed LJ Sonic's intro cutscene not playing.
  • Fixed Abandoned Airbase's...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Awesome update, thanks for fixing stuff so soon. Having an issue in Record Attack currently though where the game will be set to cheated if I watch a replay.

a curious thought crossed my mind while i was going through this the evening it came out but, but is there any particular reason as to why fort nitrate was completely gutted and replaced in the port? was really surprising to see something entirely new in it's place

for some reason, the chaotix cant wall cling anymore.

Attachments

• srb20014.gif
    1 MB · Views: 52
  • srb20015.gif
    1,023.7 KB · Views: 46
HOLY MOBIUS HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS RELEASED???
you know the damn drill time to kill anime for the THIRD TIME!!!!

I would like to file a report for what i think is a bug

for technical details, i am playing with the latest version and the 2.1 sonic, tails, and knuckles addons

now, for the bug: it appears that the green turtel enemies (Green Snappers as the wiki says) are "bouncy", as to say they push you away and put you into the "sliding state/fall state" (basically the deep sea water slides state)

i dont recall this happening on the last version (1.0a) and this isnt vanilla behaviour

(as a plus, the sugoi.exe version is actually 2.2.13, not 2.2.14 like 1.0a, i dont know why tho)

so uh
i can't exactly get past sugoi (playing as modern sonic, whenever i get the last hit on the boss my game just stops responding.)

a curious thought crossed my mind while i was going through this the evening it came out but, but is there any particular reason as to why fort nitrate was completely gutted and replaced in the port? was really surprising to see something entirely new in it's place
If I had to guess it was due to the level being made by Fickle, who asked that their levels be gutted from the updated release many years ago. I think Sal's original stance was to not cut any content but I suppose it was easier and less likely to incur more drama if they just complied. This might mean Cutout Warehouse from Kimo is also cut but that might not be the case since that one was a collab between Fickle and Toaster. This makes me wonder though if SUGOI's Sapheros map is still in :blink:

If I had to guess it was due to the level being made by Fickle, who asked that their levels be gutted from the updated release many years ago. I think Sal's original stance was to not cut any content but I suppose it was easier and less likely to incur more drama if they just complied. This might mean Cutout Warehouse from Kimo is also cut but that might not be the case since that one was a collab between Fickle and Toaster. This makes me wonder though if SUGOI's Sapheros map is still in :blink:
Fort Nitrate was made by RedEnchilada. Did Fickle went by RedEnchilada at some point in time? Also yes, Cutout Warehouse got replaced by a different map too. And Sapheros' maps are still in. imo their name should've been redacted or something

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back