Suggestions

That's still generates the issue of loading external WAD files by parameters other than the proper addfile command. It's simply better to deal with it via a normal external WAD.

Also, I refuse to put that much extra music into the data file. It would increase the filesize of 2.0 by like, 50 MB, and for music I hate ^_~

It's official, Mysitc is Scrooge.

If you went to #srb2fun you would have known this years ago. I like Christmas. Exchanging gifts with family is something I will always like; however, I hate the Christmas season and all the associated bull crap.

This is not the reason for the removal of XMas mode though.

Okay, so you're half a Scrooge.

Oh, and if you were on #srb2fun when I asked about getting into 3drend.dll, you could have guessed that I would be making a wad of it.

Last edited:
Don't mod the mode back in. Just make a normal, old-fashioned WAD file to do it. You don't need 3drend.dll to do that.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but an official "sunset" background, as we just have day and night skies at the moment. I realize "Dark City" probably wouldn't be a good stage in which to have any sort of sun, but perhaps this could be done for future multiplayer levels...?

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but an official "sunset" background, as we just have day and night skies at the moment. I realize "Dark City" probably wouldn't be a good stage in which to have any sort of sun, but perhaps this could be done for future multiplayer levels...?
I think this would look amazing in Jade Valley.

srb20066.png

Regarding Christmas mode, Did SRB2JTE run into the same problems with its Christmas mode? Upon reading the wiki article, that exe mod handled Christmas mode differently.

Still doesn't fix the load time generated by the precipitation loading, and the problem of the necessary music taking up massive amounts of space for a feature a large number of our users hated. I can't count the number of complaints I've received about XMas mode. It's been quite reviled by a significant portion of our fanbase.

Yet Christmas and SRB2 have been going together since 1998. What are these complaints anyway?

If it lasts too long, have only trigger on Christmas eve and end at 1am on the 26th.

And about the whole size thing with the music. Because the music was removed, the combined size of the files are now transfered to the mods that use the music. And considering that SRB2TP will be using that music as well as SRB2 Christmas and the Christmas mode mod, you're going to be downloading the same music files 3 times and wasting more space than had the music not been removed.

Last edited:
I have, over the course of the years I've been here, received more complaints about Christmas mode than any other SRB2 feature. This includes the recent stink over the new save system, the removal of Chaos mode, and the removal of the multi-thok.

It is a feature that is reviled by a large number of people. It does not need to come back in the main EXE. If you like it, make your own and enable it manually.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back