Suggestions

Add in a spring or cannon object that can be aimed manually to fire the player as a projectile, as a means of crossing maps faster or reaching higher spots that Sonic players can't reach naturally. Maybe even use it as an offensive weapon if you feel daring.

Analog should have mouse camera control. This would make analog worth using, and reward spriters when they play their own characters. As it is, you only see the majority of frames when looking at another character in a netgame.

Autosaver said:
1. Yes really
2. If you call randomly exploding not broken. OK
3. HA HA SO FUNNY. I laughed so much. You did too right?

1. This is a flawed statement. You can't call something a bad idea because jerks on the Internet want to ruin it.
2. It does NOT randomly explode until you hit walls. You obviously mustn't be using them properly. You have to steer yourself from the floor before you hit them in ERZ3; if you don't, you crash, which is what's been happening to you.
3. God, grow up.

And "I was in a rush" isn't a good excuse, or else you're in a rush all the time.

In team match and CTF, allow Pink, Orange, and Gold to be used on the Red Team, and Cyan, Steel Blue, and Lavander on Blue.

It would be nice if Sonic and Tails had their sprites cleaned up to not show the gray/peach that shows up when a color besides Blue/Orange is used.

Finally, I noticed in the Knuckles sprites that are Sonic edits(mainly walking and running), he is rather short compared to Sonic(since the Sonic sprite's head is bigger than Knuckles). It would be nice if Knuckles was made somewhat taller in those sprites.

If missles weren't hardcoded there could be platforming parts like in Rayman 2 where you have an area just for riding a missle. I think that would be really good to be put in.

Luminous said:
Autosaver said:
1. Yes really
2. If you call randomly exploding not broken. OK
3. HA HA SO FUNNY. I laughed so much. You did too right?

1. This is a flawed statement. You can't call something a bad idea because jerks on the Internet want to ruin it.
2. It does NOT randomly explode until you hit walls. You obviously mustn't be using them properly. You have to steer yourself from the floor before you hit them in ERZ3; if you don't, you crash, which is what's been happening to you.
3. God, grow up.

And "I was in a rush" isn't a good excuse, or else you're in a rush all the time.

You do know the discussion about this was deleted? Right? >_>

Possible character variables:

- Lungs: Default 100. How long (%) you can hold your breath in a water/space sector.
- Res: Default 1. 0 initiates highres, 2 initiates double-size (lowres).
- Size: Default 100. The character’s size, in percentage.
- Rubber: Default 0. If 1, behaves as if it had the Bounce tag (or does the opposite, if the SOC already dictates that object 0 should have the bounce tag).
- Trans: Default 0. 1 makes the character transparent (or non-transparent, if… well, you get the point).
- Glow: Default 0. 1 makes the character unaffected by lighting or colormap (or as the two above state).
- Tauntmaster: Default 0. If 1, the character’s taunt will cause all nearby enemies/bosses to target the character. Useful for coop if an ally has run out of rings.
- Randombox: Default 0. If 1, all monitors act as random monitors to the character.

Quicksave.

The usual save is occasionally inconvienient, say you have to leave your computer. Well, you could add a quicksave option. The game saves your exact location, rings, etc, but then exits the SP game. (returns to the menu) Then, the next time you play the same SP file you are back where you are, but the fact that it was saved is erased.

This way you can save without abusing or exploiting it.

Quicksave.

The usual save is occasionally inconvienient, say you have to leave your computer. Well, you could add a quicksave option. The game saves your exact location, rings, etc, but then exits the SP game. (returns to the menu) Then, the next time you play the same SP file you are back where you are, but the fact that it was saved is erased.

That is about as abusable as the 1.09.4 save system. You could quicksave the next time, and the next time, and then just keep doing it every time you want to quit.

Zanyhead said:
Quicksave.

That is about as abusable as the 1.09.4 save system. You could quicksave the next time, and the next time, and then just keep doing it every time you want to quit.
He meant that you could only reload it once. That means if you screw up, you have to use the normal save system.

SpiritCrusher said:
Zanyhead said:
Quicksave.

He meant that you could only reload it once. That means if you screw up, you have to use the normal save system.

That's exactly how I meant it.

Jellybones said:
SpiritCrusher said:
Zanyhead said:
Quicksave.

And besides, isn't that kinda the point of Quicksaving?

Jellybones said:
SpiritCrusher said:
Zanyhead said:
Quicksave.

You could also make an Mega Man Xtreme style system, where it autosaves on checkoints, and when you resume you can choose the normal save or the in-level autosave. After you load the autosave, you can only save at the end of the zone or autosave at the next savepoint.

I wont add to the quote pyramid, but the way Jelly explained it made it seem like you could save with it as many times as you want. I guess the limit to saving with it would be once-per-zone so it wouldn't be abusable.

SpiritCrusher said:
  1. Quicksave, exit game.
  2. Make a copy of the quicksave file.
  3. Return to game.
  4. Reload save.
  5. Inevitably screw up and ragequit.
  6. Make a copy of the copy of the quicksave file, rename it to the original filename.
  7. Return to game, reload quicksave once again.
System subverted. Ergo, not happening.

Allow an optional self-representation similar to the onscreen face in Doom games, only it displays your current sprite at all times, from front view. If only for the people who want to be able to see themselves in FPS view but don't want to suffer from inaccurate ring throws.

D00D64 said:
Black Emerald (Multi) - Only appears if someone is Super for over one minute. If someone picks it up and touches a Super character, they instantly die, no points awarded. If a Super character picks it up, it just disappears, and respawns later. Basically, it stops people who've been just running around the whole match hoarding rings and emeralds without playing much until they overpower everyone with super abilities.

Actually, how about the black emerald allows you to attack a super form? It only appears when someone goes super. Once the black emerald is retrieved, the holder can attack the character who's currently in their super form and either deducts his/her rings by 10 (or something) or knocks out all his/her emeralds?

That just turns it into a buff for super forms, and trust me, we don't need those either.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 14, Members: 0, Guests: 14)

Back