Suggestions

Chaos Knux said:
I thought that would be a countdown setting.
Code:
allowjoins off 10:00
meaning either disable joins for 10 minutes or disable joins IN 10 minutes.

Hm, looked more like a clock to me.

Some sort of MOTD/message at the title screen telling you to update your version. Now there's a mix of servers on different versions, and overall just less netgames for anyone who's actually up to date.

SpiritCrusher said:
Blacklightning said:
The vacuums are worse. How many people here can honestly say they managed any of them the first time without dying?
Me. I managed all of them on first try except the ERZ1 one which took me three tries:

1. Died because I didn't get air on time.
2. Died because I didn't do the platforming quick enough.
3. Finished the level.

In other words, every trap killed me once and then I knew what to do. This is fair I guess.
I should probably clarify something here. My main beef is that it's a real cheap way to force difficulty in the long run, and like you well put it, it's not very effective when you know it's coming. I've got nothing against a level being hard, contrary to what I might've implied earlier, but I don't find it particularly satisfying when the majority of it relies on trial-and-error to the point that it can actually become pathetically easy once you know how the level works.

Like the criss-cross lasers for example. They require some actual skill and common sense to negotiate. Give us more of those.

On another note, I was considering bringing it up earlier but I wasn't sure of the reasoning behind it. Is there any real reason for MP weapons to have ammocounts when they still drain from your rings anyway? I'd have thought it to be easier to make the more powerful weapons drain more rings per shot. =\

^About the weapon things. Think of the weapon panels just coatings for your rings. :p And you need to know how to build it(panel) and then to get the parts to use it you use the ammo on the ground. :p

Some sort of MOTD/message at the title screen telling you to update your version. Now there's a mix of servers on different versions, and overall just less netgames for anyone who's actually up to date.

Best thing I've heard. I seriously think we need this. 2.0.2 was merely a skipped version because no one knew about it. And when people finally did 2.0.3 came out. :p

SUPRFACE

The life icon for when a character goes super. If left blank, defaults to Super Sonic.

Blacklightning said:
I should probably clarify something here. My main beef is that it's a real cheap way to force difficulty in the long run, and like you well put it, it's not very effective when you know it's coming. I've got nothing against a level being hard, contrary to what I might've implied earlier, but I don't find it particularly satisfying when the majority of it relies on trial-and-error to the point that it can actually become pathetically easy once you know how the level works.

Like the criss-cross lasers for example. They require some actual skill and common sense to negotiate. Give us more of those.
I never got hurt by those criss-cross lasers. NEVER. Anyways, trial-and-error is probably the only way to make a stage hard and not frustarating. If you still can't beat a trap the fifth time around, it's too hard.

In the ERZ elevator room, the one that has the electricity puzzle, make it so that after you press the elevator button, the door closes permenantly. Also, put some power ups in cages in the outside area of the elevator room, and the cages don't open until you press the button to make the elevator rise. There's a way to get to the power-ups, but it's very evil. :3

Likely SCREENSHOT_FOLDER, SRB2 could have:

DOWNLOAD_FOLDER: sets which folder add-ons (wads, socs) will be downloaded in.

ADDONS_FOLDER: sets the folder that SRB2 will search to execute ADDFILE, besides root directory. So I no longer need to write "ADDFILE ./downloads/file.wad", but just "ADDFILE file.wad"

srb2kirbyo said:
If you have the 7 chaos emeralds active (A.k.a You are super.)

You are invincible against recycle...

I'm actually going to have to agree with this. I understand that the recycler is supposed to take away any form of power, but to take away the chaos emeralds I think is kind of stupid.

The fact is, in a typical netgame going Super is rare, and it takes quite a bit of effort for a player to do it.

Do you really think the player who just randomly gets all emeralds by hitting a monitor without working for them deserves it?

Delta said:
Not sure if this is already in the game, but I don't think it could hurt to give us the option of whether we want teamscramble to happen during intermission or at the beginning of the match. I believe right now it's set to intermission, but I actually preferred it when it was at the beginning of the match because this way I have more time to see the scores and see if the following teamscramble is balanced. Just a thought.

Press escape, and click on teamscramble. Work anytime, anywhere.

Autosaver said:
Delta said:
Not sure if this is already in the game, but I don't think it could hurt to give us the option of whether we want teamscramble to happen during intermission or at the beginning of the match. I believe right now it's set to intermission, but I actually preferred it when it was at the beginning of the match because this way I have more time to see the scores and see if the following teamscramble is balanced. Just a thought.

Press escape, and click on teamscramble. Work anytime, anywhere.

Ok, thanks. I haven't actually hosted a server myself yet, I've only seen others do it during the intermission so I assumed that it was the only time it could happen.

Mild ERZ3 spoiler
[spoiler:74d824e120]-Make the missiles un-hardcoded and allow them to be placed as things in a map.

^If the above suggestion goes through, possibly allow the missiles to be fired from a special turret in any game mode to allow for gimmicks like riding them through a level in Single player, Using them to attack other players in Match and CTF, etc.[/spoiler:74d824e120]

Kaysakado said:
In the ERZ elevator room, the one that has the electricity puzzle, make it so that after you press the elevator button, the door closes permenantly. Also, put some power ups in cages in the outside area of the elevator room, and the cages don't open until you press the button to make the elevator rise. There's a way to get to the power-ups, but it's very evil. :3

Um, wouldn't that make COOP impossible to win?(if exit set to all?)

ZeldaGamer00 said:
Mild ERZ3 spoiler
[spoiler:d06b9393ba]-Make the missiles un-hardcoded and allow them to be placed as things in a map.

^If the above suggestion goes through, possibly allow the missiles to be fired from a special turret in any game mode to allow for gimmicks like riding them through a level in Single player, Using them to attack other players in Match and CTF, etc.[/spoiler:d06b9393ba]

Wouldn't that be extremely overpowered and cheap? And if used in SP it could screw up levels. And noobs could abuse them.

Tell me HOW it would screw up SP levels, autosaver. Just saying it will isn't a decent point to make.

As for it being overpowered, perhaps they couldn't be used by anyone who is holding a flag, or the delay could be much higher. (Firing once every 45-75 seconds?)

ZeldaGamer00 said:
Tell me HOW it would screw up SP levels, autosaver. Just saying it will isn't a decent point to make.

As for it being overpowered, perhaps they couldn't be used by anyone who is holding a flag, or the delay could be much higher. (Firing once every 45-75 seconds?)

I thought the 1st thing could be easy.

1.COOP, people would steal rockets.
2.The rocket is kind of broken
3.It could break Thok Barrier, or you could use it to beat the level easily.

I would make a rocket barrier, or forced Rocket.
Forced Rocket - You ride a rocket(like SA1,SA2) and you take a set path.
Rocket Barrier - You make a barrier,(like in SATSR) you ride the rocket and at a certain point it blows up, or you just can't get passed this area without jumping off.(Also in SR last zone)

Autosaver said:

1. Not really.
2. No, it isn't.
3. No, it can't. This statement is hilariously flawed because it matters SOLELY on level design. Rockets not being hard-coded sure isn't going to make Greenflower Zone easy.

Luminous said:
Autosaver said:

1. Not really.
2. No, it isn't.
3. No, it can't. This statement is hilariously flawed because it matters SOLELY on level design. Rockets not being hard-coded sure isn't going to make Greenflower Zone easy.

1. Yes really
2. If you call randomly exploding not broken. OK
3. HA HA SO FUNNY. I laughed so much. You did too right?

Ignoring autosaver, missiles would make a brilliant level gimmick and could spawn plenty of interesting level design; I actually have a level design idea for them already. Un-hardcode them, absolutely.

Blue Warrior said:
Ignoring autosaver, missiles would make a brilliant level gimmick and could spawn plenty of interesting level design; I actually have a level design idea for them already. Un-hardcode them, absolutely.
Following this, try to make a way that missiles would follow a certain path, possibly using Zoom Tube Waypoints as a guide.

Blue Warrior said:

There is nothing wrong with discussing the faults of missiles. I've had trouble with Egg rock where the missiles would explode when I jumped on them. And I have some ideas. And if you read below my faults I gave some suggestions. I see no reason why you should ignore me. :(

Edit; Oh, sorry for the negativity in my missiles post. I was in a rush since my brother was nagging to go play runescape.

Edit2: A summary of my post
They should fix some errors with the missile. Like the collision errors.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 10, Members: 0, Guests: 10)

Back