Suggestions

jet said:
Id like it if you could add stuff and use cheats but still unlock unlockables! Well for ultimate mode atleast.

Then what's the point of Ultimate mode?

SRB2 needs the Mario flag, the fireworks, and the music and stuff for Mario mode. Even the level finished song should be different.

You should be able to see who has which and how many chaos emeralds on the TAB screen, to the right of the players name. I always seem to find myself asking around "how many chaos emmys ya got?"...

Also, the elemental shields colour is somewhat misleading, with red flames coming from a green shield. Perhaps you can make it fade in and out of different colours?

Have a competitive type emerald hunt stage in match stages if they are set to coop. That could possibly reduce the number of hangout server that we see so much on the master server.

The original Crawla Commander used to fire bullets like the gunner. It was stupidly overpowered, and quite frustrating. Imagine the Jetty-syn Gunner, only where it'd actually dodge your jump at him and immediately shoot you in the back with no chance of dodging it.

NiGHTS is pwnz

I want there to be a special Axis Transfer Line where

1) the camera goes behind Super Sonic
2) you can have a limited side-to-side and vertical movement
3) you are forced to move forward.

There are a couple of sections in NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams that do that.

How about springs that go on walls?

They would basically be normal diagonal springs that have the 'nogravity' flag on. This would allow Knuckles to climb directly onto the spring from any direction (as long as they are facing the right direction for it to work, of course)!

The main problem is sticking the springs properly to the wall. Hey, a stupid idea, but a quick fix would make the spring face the direction and then at init make the spring go backwards until it hits a wall (instantaneously, of course). Then a lot of work would be avoided :P

Small things suggested by me for today:

1. Maybe you could add in Bone scenery for Arid Canyon?

2. I request that you make new sprites for all of the on-edge frames, except the back ones, for both Sonic and Tails.

3. I wonder if it's possible to make one of those polyobjects go around an axis; possibly with a choice of it go around in one of two ways:
1- with one side always facing the axis, or
2- with only the polyobject's posistion changing, so that one side always faces the same direction.

If Mario Koopa Blast is in 1.1, how about adding the warp zone?

Monster Iestyn said:
How about springs that go on walls?

They would basically be normal diagonal springs that have the 'nogravity' flag on. This would allow Knuckles to climb directly onto the spring from any direction (as long as they are facing the right direction for it to work, of course)!

Someone made that a long time ago. I think Chao Freak found the topic in the old releases, but the link was expired.

Sik said:
Cheese said:
If Mario Koopa Blast is in 1.1, how about adding the warp zone?
Where would it lead to? Unless it's in the first level and you skip to the third one.

Well, in Super Mario Bros., on the second level at the end, take the platforms to the top and run over the finish. That'll lead you to the warp zone, which has 3 tubes which warp to world 1, 2, and 3. Maybe they could have one tube, which warps to a different level.

A new lump named PERMSKIN. Basically, it can have any of the S_SKIN parameters, and all the actual settings for each character that were specified in PERMSKIN will default to the PERMSKIN parameter, if you know what I mean.

i.e, if you have this PERMSKIN:
Code:
ability = 0
Every skin will have thok as their ability.

I'm certain this will be overlooked, but I'll throw this out there in case anyone sees this:

*The ability to turn off time draining water in special stages(editing).

*Allow the time left to be displayable in normal stages. Like, if you had 2 minutes to complete a stage, the time at the bottom of the screen would read, 120 seconds.

EDIT:
*Or better yet, make a map header command that denotes whether or not that stage is a special stage. For example, specialstage = 1.

*Make unlocking content more customizable. Like, having collected a number of rings or destroying a certain number of enemies could be a requirement.

A better NiGHTS race. And make paraloops not hurt other players.

Slumber Circuit Zone is not well made:

First of all, the lap time is horrible. It still takes me about 50 seconds to complete a lap. The lap time also makes people's Drill Dash meters deplete to zero because NiGHTS Things in Race get eaten up quickly and do not respawn. Being stuck with no Drill Dash for 20 seconds in a NiGHTS race is highly annoying and lame.

It is way too slow-paced. There needs to be more NiGHTS Bumpers so that it isn't so slow; plus, it's hard to go bumper-to-bumper at the last section. There should be more 256-radius Axes; I've noticed they give the illusion that the race is going faster.

It has bad flow at places. Some of the obstacles actually manage to kill the flow and get players stuck.

There are also completely coincident Axes. Normally, this isn't a problem, but getting hurt on that section of the track will cause you to fall off the track. Apparently, there has been a paraloop at that instance that has caused the glitch to trigger.

Dark Warrior said:
It's actually a good thing, given that if you couldn't do so, NiGHTS race would be merely a drill spin across the map. It's a great way to gain an advantage.

If you get a NiGHTS race that's a total drill-fest, then the stage itself has issues. Darkmatter Freeway comes to mind, and I'd rate it a total 1/10 because, among other things, how you can drill dash for 35 seconds straight.

IRC said:
<Prime_2> this gives me an idea for SRB2.
<Ash|Editing> cool, prime
<Ash|Editing> what idea
<Prime_2> Eggman monitors
<Prime_2> I don't just want them to deal damage after a short delay.
<Prime_2> I want them to fucking explode
<Prime_2> and throw you back like a scatter ring to the face

This would preferably happen on impact, with lots of fire, monitpr-shaped shrapnel, and some area of effect so you can hit people with it in match and race. Points for doing so would be optional.

In any case, this would be for more than just looking(and sounding) awesome, but could also be used for speedruns when playing as tails or knuckles(I did mention that it ought to send you flying like a scatter ring to the face), or for one-shot challenges in which the player attempts to aim the knockback upwards, so that he lands in an area higher than could normally be reached. Point being, this would not only make the eggman monitor more kickass visually, but it would also give it some use in the game outside of the mild punishment for retarded people who don't associate robotnik's face with bad things.

I'd suggest implementing the 3D directional knockback before trying any fancy graphical stuff. the most important aspect of this is that it can contribute to the eggman moniter's value in the improvement of gameplay. If it works out all nice, then you can add cool pyrotechnics.

As a final note, if you were going to booby trap something that you knew was going to be smashed open, would you use some weird damage after delay system that nobody can understand, or would you stick some high yield explosives inside of it?

That's what I thought.

SSNTails said:
Why not just create a whole new kind of explosive object?

Because that would just add more baggage... the point of the suggestion is to make the eggbox move valuable from a level design standpoint. If you make a separate explosive object, you just have one damaging item that you can use, and one that you can't, with little difference in implementation. So either the explosive object wouldn't be used at all, used exclusively as opposed to the eggbox, or only used where the designer believes you would have to use an aimed knockback. That doesn't make for good gameplay.

Seriously, though. What is the point of the eggbox when its in 3D? they're too easy to avoid... the only way to make them retain value as an item is to give them some sort of use that the player could exploit, and the explosion + directional knockback was a perfect fit.

By that logic, then why do we have spikeballs or spikes or fireballs?

And Mystic has seemed to have good uses for Eggman boxes.

SSNTails said:
By that logic, then why do we have spikeballs or spikes or fireballs?

And Mystic has seemed to have good uses for Eggman boxes.

Spikes are placed over a wide area, and generally force the player to jump over... and are not "expended" when hit. Spikeballs float, and serve as a valuable hurt-on-contact item in combination with other objects(like eggman). Fireballs bounce up and down through the air, and either force the player to time his jump, or jump around it, and can surprise a player who is speeding through the level. It also adds to the atmosphere of "lava" levels, such as RVZ.

All of those things serve a unique purpose... and regardless, the gains in gameplay to be had from the alteration to the eggbox should at least warrant a test of the concept. Plus, it would make them awesome.

Please, think of the awesome.

Something to replace Adventure Example Zone, even though it won't be an Adventure level. Mystic said we weren't having a playable Adventure mode level in 1.1. Honestly, it's a really lame unlockable.

Better visuals for Spring Hill Zone. Personally, I don't like the ones we have now. They're too generic. Even Botanic Serenity Low-End is still nicer looking, and that's taking into account that playing it Software causes it to HOM.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 11, Members: 0, Guests: 11)

Back