Suggestions

Some type of Master Server login system, it could help with the server banning somehow and then you could also save stats on an MS page and/or within SRB2 itself or maybe a lump within srb2.srb.

Some way to make multiple socs compatible, such as *points to 1.09.4 bug topic* once OBJECT/CHARCFG is fixed character/level wads wouldn't get screwed up by any other socs if they have their own custom socs that share all the same info such as states and thing numbers and such.

Since n00bs can't read the rules,
We need this:

When you press host game or join game srb2 shows a screen saying
"You may not do Hangout or Roleplay. If you do, you will be banned.
LOGAN_GBA."

I'm tired of people putting Logan's computer into chaos.

/offtopic
edit: I had to edit this post 27 times now.
Make that 28.
Make that 29.
30. *shot*

A simple health system that is optional:

10 units of health that recover gradually over time. Normal projectiles (like red-ring) take 2 damage off, rapid ring takes one off per hit, and slow projectiles take of 6 per hit. When the player is hit, he flies back a little and slightly up, with no recoil time.

Award/Reduce Time linedef executor (similar to Award score only that it involves the time), for time-limited levels, or any other type of level really. Linedef length = amount of time to award/reduce.

Also, for special stages: When you lose one, it should still go to the special stage after it, and come back to it after you've played all of them (similar to the classics' special stages). A level header/maincfg variable could change this from original (what SRB2 has now), to classic.

ree-c said:
A client-side language filter might also be nice for netgames; some people might not particularly enjoy someone shouting 'the F-word' repeatedly in a netgame while a parent is in a room, so it could be replaced with asterisks. This could be enabled by default to block some words, such as those blocked on this forum, and can be edited by the user, or disabled completely.

SuperSonic64 said:
Since n00bs can't read the rules,
We need this:

When you press host game or join game srb2 shows a screen saying
"You may not do Hangout or Roleplay. If you do, you will be banned.
LOGAN_GBA."

I'm tired of people putting Logan's computer into chaos.

/offtopic
edit: I had to edit this post 27 times now.
Make that 28.
Make that 29.
30. *shot*

That's just a thing with the master server MOTD. We just need to get SRB2 to display that...

OpenGL isn't offsetted compared to software. Basically, OpenGL makes it so it's impossible to see the top of thesky and the bottom touch. If you went chasecam 0 and looked straight up, you'd see in software that the earth comes back again on top of space and the sky loops vertically. Not so with OpenGL.

Yeah, it's hard to get the sky right because the sky rendering in software is a blit effect. It's going to take a lot of monkeying and trying it with a bunch of different skies. It'll take time to get close.

While you're toying with the skies, you should really try to disable that weird cylindrical effect the software blit does.
Instead, just make it draw the the sky at a 1:1 ratio. Similarily, remove the linear stretchiness effect OpenGL does.
Of course, this means that your average 1024 pixel-wide sky wouldn't quite cover up the entire 360 degree range.
However, that's easily fixed by making 1280 pixel-wide skies instead (assuming the camera FOV is 45 degrees).

Another cool thing to have would be hires skies. I mean, nobody plays in 320x200 anymore.

EDIT: Argh, I'll Begin, fix your post! It's dang dang breaking the tables, badly! x_x

A Sonic-CD style uberfast run?

Hold a button, and sonic powers up like in a spindash, but his legs revolve at high speeds instead. let go and ZING, you're going uber-fast.

Spindash exit?

Like in SA, press spindash when you're in a roll to run out on feet again.

Slightly slower thok?

'coz netgame racers thok too much

Trigger Linedef Executor: Host Only (Continuous)
Trigger Linedef Executor: Host Only (Each Time)
Trigger Linedef Executor: Host Only (Once)

Some sort of jumping FOF. Linedef length controls jumping force when some flag is set, the usual. Kinda SDURF-ish? Perhaps even a sound made when jumping, set by the X-offset when another flag is checked?

A possible use would be to stick a flame thrower or something under the FOF. Then whenever it jumps, it looks like the fire starts up and pushes the platform up.

Map header option
RandomMusic = 0 (Not on)
RandomMusic = all (selects between all tracks)
RandomMusic = 01-99 (selects everything from 1 to 99)
RandomMusic = 04; 09; 88; 42; 02 (Selects 04, 09, 88, 42, and 02)

Also, another map header option good for 2D maps or 3D maps that should be played a certain way (good for fan-made mode ideas):

CamDist = ? (If you add it to the header, it readjusts. If you don't add it, it leaves the distance to the normal.)
CamHeight = ?
CamSpeed = ?

Level header option: RACE_ITEMBOXES = normal/random

Some people actually want their race level to have certain item boxes in certain places? Crazy, isn't it? [/sarcasm] -_-

Oh, and don't tell me to use a script on level load, because the map might be getting enetred to the bimonthly contest. *hint, hint, nudge, nudge*

Blacklight Linedef.

Upper texture should determine what color range the sprites/textures would be changed too (So, say, I want blue, so the upper texture would be 07, as the current color system would be), and the colors on the sprites/textures would be determined by color number on the palette. (So, if I want gray-dark gray, lower texture would be 089-111).

Actual clouds, were if you go too high up, you can go into the clouds, and for support of models, sonic could be called PLAY1 tails could be PLAY2 knux PLAY3 and custom skins could be PLAY4 5 6 7 8 9 ect.

When an object is in the floor and the floor moves, the object moves with it. That assuming objects that don't stick to the ceiling. It would be nice if objects that stick to the ceiling move when their ceiling moves too. At least it would allow me to recreate those spikey crushers from Marble Garden zone :P

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 14, Members: 0, Guests: 14)

Back