Suggestions

Being able to set the thok item's color to stay put in the S_SKIN.

It could be like ThokColor = 9

And an optional command, if you change your color to something else than your default color, like if Sonic changed to green:

ThokColorDefault = 0

0 meaning that it will always show the color 9, and 1 meaning it will only show the color 9 when showing your default color.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
From what you listed, Those can all be SOCced.
It's not the queston of whether it can be SOCced or not, it's the question of whether it will be in 1.1 or not.

Instead of making the Red Crawla just a simple recolour of the Blue Crawla, perhaps add some more details or change a few things to make it look less like a quick paint job and engine replacement? I mean, even the Jetty-syns have slightly different sprites from one another. If not, just make the Crawla become green and use those sprites universally to slightly decrease the filesize.
A MF_EXTANGLE property for Things that gives them sixteen angles instead of the normal eight. Bosses (And anything placed on axis points) could benefit from this a lot, as the rotation of the Egg Slimer looks quite sloppy at low speeds.

FOF: Solid to player, intangible for items (shadowcasting and nonshadowcasting)

If you use mouselook and aim upward and thok (or are looking up), you should go slightly upward (only very slightly) and go in the direction you are facing, creating an arc of speed.

An option for character wads that set what modes the character is available in exactly like in the level headers, but with no sort of override.

For example, if a character is a bit over powered, but makes enemies hard as crap*coughsmscough *, you could set the character to only be playable in co-op and 1p modes.

Intangible from top and bottom (not sides) opaque/translucent/invisible (as a matter of fact, whether or not they are opaque/translucent/invisble should be determined by flags or something)

BLINDDASH = 1 (spin without charging)
MAXDASH (speed when fully charged (which, if blinddash is set, it would automatically be this value))
MINDASH (lowest speed of dash, usually when you just tap the spin button (which, if blinddash is set, this value will probably be ignored))

I'm suggesting;
Linedef Executor: Run with flag (red/blue)
(Run only when the player has a flag)
Linedef Executor: Run without flag
(Run only when the player has no flag)
Linedef Executor: Flag Reset (Self Explanatory)

Horray, my uberlong post for abilities. Woo for customization!

Abilityframes = (A value for abilites to set what frames are used for their ability.)

-Value 1: makes characters spin during ability.
Ex: Characer jumps in spring frames but while hovering will turn into spinning.

-Value 2: makes characters use spring up/down frames during ability.
Ex: Character (SA-style) moves into thoking and changes to spring animations.

-Value 3: Makes characters use special frames during abilitys.
Ex: Character (Tails) enters flying and uses ability sprites. (TailsChopper)

AbilityFrameDuration = Sets how long (tics) the ability sprites will last. Leave at -1 to exit at the end of ability/when character touches the ground.

AbilityDuration = Sets how long (Tics) you may use the ability.

SecondAbility = The ability for the spin key in air. Uses the same choices as the primary ability.

WaterAbility = The ability used in water instead of the primary ability. Has the same choices.
Note: If the primary ability is set to none and this is set to fly, it will be like swimming.

Cimb = Is the value for climbing.
1: will start climbing walls if makes contact during the ability's frame duration.
0: Ignore

AbilityFallSpeed = The rate you fall during your ability.
Ex: DraykonVoleda (Sp) glides with a high Ability Falling Speed and desends quickly.
Ex2: E-102 Hovers down at a slower speed than the 1094 hover ability, which is faster than in the one in Sonic Adventure.

AbilityNumber = Number of times you can use your ability.
1 is default. 0 is no ability. 2 is double ability. -1 is multiability.

Abilities = The value for primary ability.

Value 0: Thok
Value 1: Fly
Value 2: Glide
Value 3: Midair Jump
Value 4: Hover

[11:51.06 AM] <@Sonict> We do need a better method for exe mods and wadfiles so a standard SRB2 build can't load them
[11:51.28 AM] <DarkWarrior> Sonict, I can think of a simple solution.
[11:51.33 AM] <DarkWarrior> A special marker.
[11:51.44 AM] <DarkWarrior> With VERSION name.
[11:51.52 AM] <DarkWarrior> And have text in it.
[11:52.03 AM] <DarkWarrior> So, VERSION - 1.09.4.
[11:52.23 AM] <@Sonict> Yeah, I was thinking of something like that, DarkWarrior. Some special header and such
[11:52.40 AM] <DarkWarrior> And anything without/using a different version would either crash, or cause error.
[11:52.45 AM] <DarkWarrior> And immediately DELFILE.
[11:53.28 AM] <@Sonict> And if you try to load it, it should say that it needs to run in this version of whatever.exe
[11:54.04 AM] <@Sonict> Basicly, it should check a version number and the exe name
[11:54.20 AM] <DarkWarrior> Yeah, that would be good, too.
[11:54.25 AM] <DarkWarrior> So, VERSION lump.
[11:54.35 AM] <DarkWarrior> V = 1.09.4
[11:54.43 AM] <DarkWarrior> EXE = SRB2Win.exe
[11:54.52 AM] <Logan_GBA> no, SRB2
[11:55.00 AM] <@Sonict> Yeah, like that, DarkWarrior.
[11:55.05 AM] <Logan_GBA> we do have lsrb2sdl, and others
[11:55.11 AM] <DarkWarrior> Right then.
[11:55.24 AM] <DarkWarrior> SRB2 would read for all SRB2 versions.
[11:55.34 AM] <DarkWarrior> So, say SRB2 Riders.
[11:55.36 AM] <@Sonict> Then allow multiple names in that "EXE =" then...
[11:55.38 AM] <DarkWarrior> VERSION
[11:55.50 AM] <DarkWarrior> V = 5.90.56
[11:55.55 AM] <DarkWarrior> (or whatever it is)
[11:56.01 AM] <DarkWarrior> EXE = SRB2Riders.exe
[11:56.19 AM] <DarkWarrior> Also, it shouldn't be required for all wads.
[11:56.33 AM] <DarkWarrior> it should be available, though, for exe mods.
[11:56.55 AM] <@Sonict> Who cares about extensions. Make it like: EXE = "SRB2Riders;LSRB2Riders"
[11:57.09 AM] <DarkWarrior> Right, that'd be even better.
[11:57.10 AM] <Logan_GBA> I know Alam will not name it a "EXE" tag, it would be "binary" or something like that
[11:57.27 AM] <@Sonict> Well, it is an example, Logan_GBA
[11:57.40 AM] <DarkWarrior> This is all nice in theory. But will it actually be implemented?
[11:57.45 AM] <@Sonict> I believe this is highly needed for 1.09.4a
[11:57.47 AM] <Logan_GBA> EXE is Windows only, and Alam doesn't realy like windows
[11:57.50 AM] <DarkWarrior> I'd imagine it wouldn't be overly difficult.
[11:58.40 AM] * DarkWarrior posts conversation in 1.1 suggestions.
[11:59.02 AM] <@Sonict> If it doesn't have the version lump, assume it is for any binary build, but if it does, it needs to check it
[11:59.59 AM] <@Sonict> Once this is in place, I bet it will force people to use the proper exe
[12:00.17 PM] <Draykon> Then I won't need to go balistic every time I see an improperly loaded Riders game :D

Basically, a marker with the title VERSION, with available text in it:
VERSION
V = 1.09.4
BINARY = SRB2

I propose the addition of possibly the best thing about Chaotix... the Blue Ring Monitor!

The Blue Ring is simple in theory. Essentially, it is a power-up that makes the collection of all your spilled rings when you get hit much easier. It accomplishes this by combining ALL your rings into one LARGE ring that you spill when you get hit. The large ring bounces around slowly for a short while, and collection of it nets you every last ring you had lost. Failure to collect the large ring before it vanishes will cause the large ring to explode into many small ones, exactly as if you had gotten hit in that location. Obviously, at this point, recollection of all your rings is similarly as impossible as it is when you lose your rings WITHOUT the Blue Ring. The Blue Ring works only once, of course; the instant you lose your rings with the Blue Ring powerup in effect, it will cease to protect you any further than generating that one giant ring.

That's how it worked in Chaotix. That's largely how it would work in Single-Player. But imagine what it could do to Multiplayer! You could also have your weapon rings inside that large ring, and naturally, this means the person who collects the giant ring, regardless of who lost it, would get all the weapons contained within. It's kind of what people do already, only now it's contained in one easy package for players to obtain, be it the one who lost the ring, reclaiming his high ring count and various weapons, or the person who hit him, claiming said bonuses for himself.

Either way, I think it works well...

Horizontal springs of all kinds. All the Sonic games have them; even the good ones.

Objects that you can hang from (using tails pick-up sprites) and possobly move the player to other locations, like in SA1.
Btw, give tails real tails-pickup sprites, plzthx.

Separate the boss flag from the eggmobile flag. Just because the only boss _DEFAULT_ in SRB2 is the eggmobile, doesn't mean that the flag has to affect all potential bosses. Allternatively, just separate the eggmobile thinker and just put it as the state action used as the eggmobile's standing sprite. :/

A_LazerFire. This state would rapidly (more rapid than turret fire) shoot progectiles that didn't shift position/angle. This way, a realistic, solid(ish), straight beam can be created. It could also use the A_TurrretStop for it's end, or just stop firing at the end of the state's duration.

[11:43.47 AM] <DarkWarrior> I still say that there needs to be a command to empty a netgame.
[11:44.01 AM] <BlueZero4> "empty"?
[11:44.04 AM] <DarkWarrior> Yes.
[11:44.06 AM] <DarkWarrior> Empty.
[11:44.11 AM] <DarkWarrior> Kick all people in the game.
[11:44.13 AM] <BlueZero4> Won't that kick the host?
[11:44.16 AM] <DarkWarrior> Save the host.
[11:44.25 AM] <DarkWarrior> ...Duh, not kick the host, BlueZero4.
[11:44.25 AM] <DarkWarrior> :|
[11:44.32 AM] <BlueZero4> Pray tell WHY?
[11:44.33 AM] <DarkWarrior> That would be pointless.
[11:44.43 AM] <DarkWarrior> Any number of reasons.
[11:44.52 AM] <BlueZero4> Like....
[11:44.55 AM] <DarkWarrior> A good one being a ton of idiots in there that you don't want.
[11:45.31 AM] <DarkWarrior> I'd rather have one command to drain the game than enter a command multiple times.
[11:47.01 AM] <DarkWarrior> There'd also need to be a similar command that also bans the players...
[11:47.17 AM] <DarkWarrior> And then there'd need to be a "LISTBAN" command...
[11:47.23 AM] <DarkWarrior> And a "REMOVEBAN" command...
[11:47.29 AM] <DarkWarrior> And a "CLEARBAN" command...
[11:47.35 AM] <BlueZero4> Perhaps empty owuld have a "ban" perameter.
[11:47.48 AM] <DarkWarrior> What?
[11:47.48 AM] <BlueZero4> So that everybody emptied would be banned
[11:47.56 AM] <DarkWarrior> Umm...
[11:48.02 AM] <DarkWarrior> [11:47.01 AM] <DarkWarrior> There'd also need to be a similar command that also bans the players...
[11:48.04 AM] <BlueZero4> Like, putting 1 in front of a command
[11:48.18 AM] <BlueZero4> or maybe "-ban", like "-force"
[11:48.25 AM] <DarkWarrior> I was thinking CLEARGAME and BANGAME.
[11:48.30 AM] <BlueZero4> Oh
[11:49.49 AM] <DarkWarrior> Ah, here we go.
[11:49.57 AM] <BlueZero4> Yes?
[11:49.59 AM] <DarkWarrior> Excellent example of why this would be useful.
[11:50.12 AM] <DarkWarrior> http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?p=175279&highlight=#175279
[11:50.44 AM] <DarkWarrior> Whether or not that's actually true doesn't matter. It's a good example, even hypothetically, why such a command would be useful.
[11:50.56 AM] <BlueZero4> Yes, actually
[11:51.07 AM] <BlueZero4> That idea rox mah sox
[11:52.34 AM] <DarkWarrior> I think I posted this kind of thing in the suggestions topic before...
[11:52.47 AM] <DarkWarrior> But hell, resuggesting it couldn't really hurt.

SA2 Death, so say you fall a in the hole and keep falling and after awhile you would die. and also fix the fall sprites for sonic, when he's falling he looks scared, why would sonic be scared, he's fallen higherplaces then that example: on SA he jumps of the egg thingamabob
And make it so when you go of a ledge he dosent just show his running sprites, have it like sa2 without the light dasher, homing and analog

Trigger Linedef Executor (Thing only - Continuous)
Trigger Linedef Executor (Thing only - Once)
Trigger Linedef Executor (Thing/Player - Continuous)
Trigger Linedef Executor (Thing/Player - Each Time)
Trigger Linedef Executor (Thing/Player - Once)

on Edge said:
Horizontal springs of all kinds. All the Sonic games have them; even the good ones.

Speaking of springs, I just remembered something I thought of a long time ago.

A "spring rotator/destination point" thing, or something of the sort. You would put this thing lets say in front of the spring, it turns into a horizontal spring. You put it in the air, the spring hits you to that point and you fall. You put it in front and above the spring, and it'll hit you diagonally until the location of the thing, and you fall. I think this is one of the methods used in SADX, though I'm not sure.

In accordance with that;

Linedef Executor: Change Thing Number
Linedef Executor: Change Thing Angle

(Both change all things within the tagged sector (for FOFs, I guess you'd have to make an invisible intangible FOF, like sector wind))

Making it change the THING covers all items and such. It can change the type of spring, and the direction.

Also;

Sector Type - Remove Thing Gravity (removes the gravity of any things within the sector (on an FOF, use invisible intangible))

And Linedef Executor: Change Tagged Sector's Tag should be split into Change Calling Sector's Tag (IE, what it does now) and Change Tagged Sector's Tag (IE, activating the linedef on a different sector, while the type is tagged to a different one, changing the linedef executor's tagged sector's tag, unless of course, I'm misinterpreting what this linedef executor does).

Linedef Executor: Remove All Special Rings
Linedef Executor: Remove Automatic Ring
Linedef Executor: Remove Rail Ring
Linedef Executor: Remove Homing Ring
Linedef Executor: Remove Explosion Ring
Linedef Executor: Remove Infinity Ring

Linedef Executor: Reset Flag (Red)
Linedef Executor: Reset Flag (Blue)
Linedef Executor: Reset Flag (All)

Sector Type - Disallow All Special Rings
Sector Type - Disallow Automatic Ring
Sector Type - Disallow Rail Ring
Sector Type - Disallow Homing Ring
Sector Type - Disallow Explosion Ring
Sector Type - Disallow Infinity Ring

MF_Waterfloat for SOCcing purposes, so stuff other than just skims can float on water. MF_Elec think like MF_Fire but electrical, and if it touches water it either hurts all players in the water it touched or just dies like a THZ turret.

Put in some S_SKIN options to make certain characters look right without ******* with SOCs and screwing up all other characters as well.

alwaysbright = 1 (Sprites are constantly at full brightness.)

alwayssuperanims = 1 (Standing and running replace falling/rising frames. Also, if nojumpspin = 1, use standing and running for rolling.)

superlightingcolor = # (I can totally see people editing Light 2 in the future.)

alwayssupereffects = 1 (Use Super Form lighting and sparkles.)

invincibilitysparkles = 1 (Alwayse show invincibility sparkles.)

nochaosemeraldsuperform = 1 (Can turn super without the chaos emeralds.)

superringmin = # (The minimum # of rings needed to turn super.)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 20, Members: 0, Guests: 20)

Back