Suggestions

When item boxes are set to be random, Eggman boxes shouldn't be random, since they're used as a hazard in some levels.

An "Electric Liquid" sector type. Basically a liquid you can survive in with an electric barrier. Would also need a current type, too.

What about a sector type that hurts unless you have that certain sheild.

The way sheilds could be determined is by either linedef length, flags, or just having seperate sector types for each sheild.

If you make it just hurt you, you wouldn't need to have several different ones for water damage, and regular damage, because you just just tag the regular damage ones to a water block control sector, or any kind of sector for that matter.

1: Console command to record demos. I see commands for playing them, but none to record. Also, make the command usable in multiplayer modes. I want to make demos of me losing horribly to idiots.

2: Allow Circuit stages to be played in Time Attack mode. I'm surprised this wasn't already supported. I mean, they're more suited for a Time Attack than the singleplayer levels.

3: Allow the use of character WADs in Time Attack. I want to show off my l33t Mario Pack Luigi skills on Toxic Citadel. Make the character select similar to the multiplayer one if you need to. Of course, a demo of a Time Attack with a character WAD being used would require the WAD to be loaded, perhaps when it's played, so if the viewer does not have the WAD, a message like "(wad name) is required to view this demo" or something could be shown to inform the player of it's not-foundyness.

4: Taunting animations for character WADs. A taunt isn't a taunt without a finger wave or a quick dance to accompany it.

5: Third-person crosshairs in Match/Team Match and CTF modes. I still want to be able to accurately shoot when I'm using my preferred camera mode.

More colours in multiplayer. Just simple stuff like Light Red, Cyan, Champagne (if it's in the pallete) and please bring back the Black, but have a level header option to disable that colour in a stage.

Also, a Pallete.DTA file which can be edited like Music.DTA.

A flying ability. Like the airplanes in star fox, halo, Rachet and clank, etc. Basically, folward and backwards would controll which angle you are facing up or down.

What about an fof that lets you control how many rings you lose when taking damage, example: the sector effect of the sector is Custom Damage, that sector is tagged with an fof that has a brightness of 10, so when you enter the sector you lose 10 rings.

(Please ignore this suggestion if it's already been said)

If banned, notify the user upon connecting to the Master Server saying he/she's been banned.

Make a "superatribute" value.

Let me explain. Currently, it is possoble for 1 character to have all the good atributes. Example: SMS has multi-ability, rolling, ringslingar, light-dash, thurn super, and run-on-water. (And there is probly some stuff I forgot about.) So If a character has only one of these atributes (like being able to roll) then they would have the option of choosing a new atribute to make up for it.

Hence the superatribute varible.
If = 0 do nothing extra.
If = 1 make the jump height like super sonic's
If = 2 make the handling in air be as good as on ground.
If = 3 do the super-peal-out. (Press light das repeatedly and the go running at 1.5 the normalspeed)

You get the idea. This would encorage characers to not become over powered. The list could go on for-ever. I only put down 3.

A bustable FOF type that only breaks when using the "drill" action in NiGHTS mode.

Also, some obstacles (Rocks would be the best idea for this, though, spike balls that hurt you when colliding with them might work) that are destroyed when a paraloop is performed around them would be nice.

And a Twin Seeds-style setup. Where the player has to jump off a cliff into a bottomless sector, where the drone is activated. Would probably only require a sector type and a special drone (maybe not even that?) to recreate. It'd be as simple as placing the drone exactly where you want it to start, and it sends the player there upon contact with the sector. Would have to have the drone "push" up, almost as if it hit a bumper, though.

I would like to see the palette be something the user can change. And, speaking of palette changes, a new set of not-gray greens would be lovely.

Why not make a grappling hook. It could be given to people in many different ways:
-It could be used as a special ability given to a character
-It could be like a powerup and given to you till you got hurt
-It could have a time limit like a special ring

The ways it could be used would be:
-Used to bring other characters close to you (could help other people in coop get past a certain part)
-Used to attack enemies from a far
-Used to add a new different type of playing (In single player, could have a certain path only attainable by using the grappling hook)

It could be useful for giving other characters something more useful then being another recolor or could be more useful to robot characters.

One theorie I have of how to make it would be using a Thing to be a small target that the player would aim at. It would bring the person closer to it if the person successfully aimed at it. When the Thing notices that you are in it, it would create a invisible FOF underneath you till you moved out of a certain amount space. I don't know if what I said is possible since I'm still a n00b but maybe it might be.

But then again it might not fit in with the Sonic theme.

I actually had an idea related to that a while ago...
But I coulda sworn I posted it, even.
But basically, TEAMFLAG textures that change themselves depending on what colors the teams have chosen.

And now, I elaborate.
Could call the textures T1FLAG and T2FLAG, and they'd change themselves depending on what color the 2 teams have chosen, pretty much.
Simple enough. Right? Mind, this is all pretty much supposing that one does go with the "teams choose their own colors" idea for CTF. But I suppose this would also work in team match levels. Supposing anyone actually makes matches geared towards team matches...

Three new S_Skin variables: Time Ability, Multiability Speed Decrease, Multiability Time decrease, and Slide motion. Time Ability is just that, determines how long the ability lasts in tics, say a 20 tic thok, or a 70 tic glide. Multiability Speed Decrease reduces the ability speed by that much each time the ability was used. Multiability time decrease is just like Speed decrease, but for time. Slide motion makes the character act as though they are on ice all the time.

How about the dual color choice? Say for example, I am using Shadow. I want to change his red AND his black areas. So I can make a blue Shadow with green streaks or something. For those of you saying, "Shadow is the only one that would work with though," you're wrong. Sonic's blue and stomach could change, or Tails' orange and white,etc. Just a suggestion.

Sonic's shoes would change. Dunno why the stomach would be changed.
And with pallette limitations, I'm not sure if that'd be possible.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 11, Members: 0, Guests: 11)

Back