Suggestions

A mode that's kind of like a cross between 2D and Nights. Basically, it's Nights mode, except that you're not Super Sonic. Also, there are different "Mares". There not really mares as much as alternate paths, but they're defined in the same way as different mares. You might be wondering how to change to an alternate route...

Linedef Executor: Change Route
Floor height signals which route to change to. It's suggested that the route your changing to overlaps with where the route your changing from is, otherwise you would seem to teleport there.

Sector Types: Elemental Death Pits-These kill you unless you have the sheild of the Death Pit's type.

This might seem impracticle, like how would you get back up to the main part of the level? Use an intangible FOF. If you're immune to it because you have the respective sheild, you'll fall through it, and hit a red spring! This can also be used for the acid in Mystic Realm's Nitric Citadel.

EDIT: Have a SeeDistance variable in SOCs. Enemies wouldn't see you until you came within their "sphere." If SeeDistance is -1, then it works how it does now. If Devmode is on, you'll be able to see enemie's "sphere."

An enemy or hazard that can latch onto a player, lower their jump height and slow them down, but get thrown off when the player does a spindash.

New sector type (or Thing, now that I think about it) "Reverse Gravity." If you don't get it, it's a less impressive version of Hang Castle orbs.

[For SRB2Builder] Prefab of a "Loop." BEFORE you say anything, it has a big Zoom Tube built into the structure. Step on the area in front of it and you roll in a simulated "loop-de-loop."

[offtopic]BONUS: If you're listening, Jason, make SA-City at least a Match/Tag level or something. :wink: [/offtopic]

EDIT: How was I double-posting 4 of the same thing? I only sent once... :evil:

Giving the Thok ability -1 actionspd makes your character's thokitem appear without any change in speed. For custom charabilities.

Change the way Fly ability's actionspd works, so 30 is Tails's normal speed, and anything lower is... slower. Seriously, having the default actionspd for Fly being 1 prevents anyone from doing most different things with the skill (except for making overpowered wads). Light Dasher's Cream.wad, etc. shouldn't have to live with flying at the same speed as Tails.

EDIT: Change the sprites used for fly from 2 for flying and 4 for exaughstion to the other way around. 4 for flying and 2 for exaughstion. Seriously, it's ridiculous (sp?) having to live with only 2 sprite slots for flying. Not to mention that the other 4 slots could easily be changed to two slots (with longer states), due to the fact that the sprites are DUPLICATED.

EDIT: NOBONUS and/or NORESULTSCREEN options for level headers.

Okay, so you know how in, say, Sonic 1, you roll down a hill and go up a small ramp and shoot off? There's no equivilant in SRB2, and it would do great for level design if there was, but as far as I can tell there's no Z momentum considered, even if running up several sectors. In light of that, is there some way to fake this effect, short of an insane amount of Linedef Executors and Wind?

Give above camera angles.

And a mode that uses that specifically, like an origional Legend of Zelda.

A Link character THAT USES SORD AND BOOMERANG.

Sonicandtails218 said:
Okay, so you know how in, say, Sonic 1, you roll down a hill and go up a small ramp and shoot off? There's no equivilant in SRB2, and it would do great for level design if there was, but as far as I can tell there's no Z momentum considered, even if running up several sectors.

This is something I was thinking of recently as well. I've seen slopes faked smoothly before, but when you look at Chemical Plant Zone, Techno Hill Zone is flat as heck. One thing I really think would be possible would be a "fake" slope sector, and like with the aforementioned CPZ, if you spindash or run long enough down a slope, your speed increases until you reach a certain speed faster than the currently possible maxspeed.

To go along with these slope affects, I noticed in the classic Sonic series that your force against gravity varies depending on the angle slope you're running up/down and the speed you're traveling at; this especially counts for jumping, because when you jump while going down a slope, you just dash forward off it instead of upward - and when jumping while going upwards on a slope, if you do it at just the right angle, you can jump all the way into the ceiling. If the above is integrated somehow, I'd like to see this.

Of course, though I haven't a damn clue how we'd do those two things because of my lack of coding/programming skills in these types of categories, I'm sure it would require extra engine work (hopefully you could just make a "slope" sector that uses that effect above). But to sum it up, the extra gravity quirks combined with a slope sector would probably solve your problem.

As for the existing effects, all I can think of is the Zoom Tube, which is very static and you can't move during the whole time; there is the wind effect, but it probably isn't as clean, imo. Otherwise, vertical springs are your best bet.

Shortly after 1.08, I branched off the code and made a version where you could place three 'things' on a slope in the map which defined the vertices of a slope polygon, and you could jump off perpendicular to this slope, allowing you to run up a slope, jump, and go soaring like the peel-out-jump trick in Sonic CD. It was cool.

Maybe I'll add similar or better functionality later. If I'm bored. Haha.

I would personally like a linedef that counts the number of players in a level/area.

I've had this idea for awhile now about a match level that expands when you have more players in it.... this way levels won't be too big or small.

Also I beg of you to throw this on a billboard somewhere in game:

nototurrets.gif

We must get the word out about this EVIL!!
Also, you already know that other texture that I want in the game so I won't mention it here... :P

SRB2-Playah said:
A "bush" or "leaves" FOF. An intangible FOF that the camera doesn't go through, and small leaf sprites are spawned at the FOF's top and bottom and around the player's X and Y location when the player moves, and a 'leaf splash' effect when the player jumps/falls in/out.

This is simply because I think it would be awesomeness to have a leafy ceiling for the player to spring up through and fall back out with leafy effects.
Make a cherry-blossom version of this too.

DownloadURL cvar command. To download a wadfile from a URL rather than from the server.
Example:
Code:
DOWNLOADURL [url]HTTP://WWW.BLAHBLAH.COM/BLAHBLAH/SHADOW.WAD[/url]
If the player joining does not have Shadow.wad, he will download it from that location.
And make it so you could set more than one downloadurl. And LISTDOWNLOADURLS would list all set URLs, and REMOVEDOWNLOADURL would remove them.
If the URL cannot be downloaded from (404 or 405 or summat), it would download from the server IF the server host has allowed it.

A waterrun level header or linedef command (like passuse), for the levels that have lots of water-filled shortcuts, so that waterrunning characters won't be overpowered.

Chain-falling FOFs.
Falling FOFs are set up normally. But the control sectors are linked, and the linedefs that links them will be a "Chain-fall" linedef. When the player steps on one of the FOFs, it will check the facing of any Chain-fall linedefs, and if any of them are facing a diffrent control sector, check that sector for chainfall linedefs that face another sector.
One it reaches a FOF that does not have a chainfall linedef that faces another sector, it will fall, then make the FOF on the back sidedef of the Chainfall linedef fall, and go on with that 'till there's no more.
I've thrown together an example of FOF control sector setup.

And a variation of the "chain-fall" linedef that simply makes the FOFs fall in sequence starting from the FOF the player stepped on. Example.

And also. A falling FOF that falls without the initial 1-sec delay once stepped on.

A second NEXTMAP RANDOM command that generates a temporary maplist to load from that ensures maps are not repeated, and each map is played once. Instead of the pure-and-simple randomization.

SRB2-Playah said:
DownloadURL cvar command. To download a wadfile from a URL rather than from the server.
Example:
Code:
DOWNLOADURL [url]HTTP://WWW.BLAHBLAH.COM/BLAHBLAH/SHADOW.WAD[/url]
If the player joining does not have Shadow.wad, he will download it from that location.
And make it so you could set more than one downloadurl. And LISTDOWNLOADURLS would list all set URLs, and REMOVEDOWNLOADURL would remove them.
If the URL cannot be downloaded from (404 or 405 or summat), it would download from the server IF the server host has allowed it.
I had that idea, except it was a URL in a WADLUMP. The game would get the file from the URL, kind of like Linux packages (Debian, RPM) for SRB2.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 9, Members: 0, Guests: 9)

Back