Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't think that would be a good idea. It would lead to characters being able to be even more overpowered than they could in 1.09.4, because they'll be able to have characters that can thok and fly/swim or glide/climb/smashing through walls without needing to spin, like Knuckles does.

Anyway, maybe a fly-only ability could be added? There's already fly/swim and swim on it's own, so I don't see why there can't be fly on it's own.

zeldagamer00 said:
A built in chat curse filter with different levels of censoring
0 - Un-filtered
1 - filters all the curse words that are censored on this message board
2 - filters all curse words except for "Weak" curse words (like crap and damn)
3 - every single curse work no matter how strong/weak is filtered
(And when censoring the curse words, blank them out with * symbols.)

More sensibly, just have a filtered and unfiltered setting and link it to an external file (curses.txt or whatever) that contains words to be censored. Check chat against the contents of the file and blank out whatever needs blanking. Simple and more powerful.

zeldagamer00 said:
A built in chat curse filter with different levels of censoring
0 - Un-filtered
1 - filters all the curse words that are censored on this message board
2 - filters all curse words except for "Weak" curse words (like crap and damn)
3 - every single curse word no matter how strong/weak is filtered
(And when censoring the curse words, blank them out with * symbols.)
SRB2 is running on a deadline and you want a censor filter that most if not all of the community won't even use? >_>

Does anyone even **** swear around here, anyway? *shot*

Clearly, considering you failed at the forum rules for censorship. Don't evade the curse filter

Honestly a curse filter would get used, as a lot of the people playing this game are children. A curse filter isn't really going to stop a whole lot, but it's better than nothing, as long as you can turn it off.

sonic260 said:
Set it to where we can change characters/colors while moving. I keep getting c-kicked becauseSrb2 runs slow when Sonic's color because I keep thoking before I give it a chance to :?

Overpowered. You can already swap characters at any time to meet any situation to some extent. This would only make the potential abuse worse. Fall off a cliff? Swap to Tails or Knuckles and escape. Thok as Sonic, change to Tails to spinfly, etc.

I'll Begin said:
SRB2 is running on a deadline and you want a censor filter that most if not all of the community won't even use? >_>

It's not that hard, actually, there's already string replacement code in SRB2Live that I used for the colour formatting (^6lol) so we have the code, it's just the curse word text file parsing, really.

*hops to it*

The emeralds done in the 1.1 beta were executed very well, in my opinion. However, I think that it should be able to be disabled if we don't want to play with them on.

Instead of a boolean, how about selecting from 0 to 8? That way the host can decide how many emeralds are required to turn super, in addition to being able to disable it, by setting it to 0.

Also, SUPERRINGS, which would be how many rings required to turn super. Not only for match, but also as a god menu cheat in SP.

Kaysakado said:
Instead of a boolean, how about selecting from 0 to 8? That way the host can decide how many emeralds are required to turn super, in addition to being able to disable it, by setting it to 0.

Because we don't already have enough emeraldstart crap going around.

Cue said:
Kaysakado said:

Because we don't already have enough emeraldstart crap going around.
What do you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back