Stuff to put in 1.09

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought of a text format for the list, one that would be independent of the textures in the main wad file. But is it really worth it? My texture1/pnames editing tools already let you edit them as text, and textures aren't likely to be added again except maybe for the Final Version, which seems more distant and cloudy than ever, at least to me.

yeah, but with those, you have to edit/include the _whole_ list, which can sometimes be out-of-date. This, you only specify the dimensions for the textures you've changed.

That's why I said "textures aren't likely to be added again except maybe for the Final Version." Although, "your way" would solve the problem of loading multiple wads at a time that each include new textures. I'll see about it.

Ah! Now I remember one of those "I forget what I was gonna request" things...

Doom Teleporters. Why were they removed? Some major fun could be had with these, especially in space levels.

I had lot's of fun with the doom teleporters in my map before they were taken out of srb2 :P

When you host a netgame, in the menu where you choose the level, could you put a description for each one?

Well, this was requested a long time ago, and maybe it´s hard to do and it won´t be done... But there is somehow possible to add something to change gravity up and down like in Death Egg or Crazy Gadget levels? Really hard levels could be done with that n_n

Actually, gravity changes are now possible with the linedef executor! Unfortunately, if the gravity is reversed, you'll get stuck to the ceiling, because you can't walk on it and you can't jump down.

Ouch... Well, at least it was tried... And what about being able to push a button when you are on its edge? I hate to jump on one and don´t push it because I jumped on the edge :P

Unfortunately, because of the map format, horizontal buttons are not practical. Nor are platforms that move from side to side. :(

No, MKHT is saying that we should activate buttons by using the player's touching_sectorlist rather than the current sector special.

Oh, sorry, that's what I get for not reading carefully enough. Yes, that could be done, then. I'll see about adding that functionality.

For the record, I HATE levels where you get chased by something. Though it would be interesting to see it pulled off in SRB2.

Tch..yeah like there would be any way to do that >.< If we had running on walls, we would have loops :'(

Running on walls is as impossible as loops. As for the chase sequences, they SUCK. Remember in SA1 when they put the camera like that. You can't see where you're going at all, and that is NOT how SRB2 works. SRB2 has the player in full control at all times, unless something is supposed to make you lose control, like getting hit and falling off a cliff ^_~

- If you can't get a full Super Sonic sprite by v1.1, then at least give us a Sonic with a yellow or golden coloured pallet. XP
- Make Super Sonic run on water.
- Make Tails easier to control while flying.
- Add a Sound Test.
- Make a complete Knuckles sprite! *shot shot shot*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 12, Members: 0, Guests: 12)

Back