Stuff to put in 1.09

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is off topic, shoot me... How about if knuckles runs really fasst, and glides, he could gu up, like a plane taking off?

That.. doesn't make much sense. Knuckles is supposed to be slower than Sonic. Each character has set attributes that set them appart from one another, upping Knuckles speed takes that away.

And the airplane idea... ehhh... it has more merit for Mario Mode, really. (Cape/Racoon Tail Mario)

Just as a general expansion for us mod makers, how about FraggleScript stuff? Figure since it was already in Legacy prior to SRB2, it should be kind of easy to (re-)add. Someone'd have to possibly write an editing FAQ or something, though, or customize it to fit SRB2 (instead of spawning a zombie, spawn a deton, or whatever -- which might be too much work?)

New linetype: When player is in tagged sector, music switches to tagged linedef leingth. Usefull for Sonic II style boss-at-end-of-level.

No, I totally ripped Fragglescript out of Legacy. I'm really not too big of a fan of scripting (high maintenance).

But perhaps for another reason as well - FS scripts don't work properly in netgames....

And other little oddities that I just didn't want to deal with tracking down.

So, I'm kind of making up for it via SOC, which is a little easier to implement.

One word: "Look in another topic." Ok, that's 4 words, but that's not my point. The point is that i think that in the emerald coast topic, they discussed this. No, you can't make loops.

Ya know the SAY command? In one player mode, why not have the items say stuff to you? e.x: When Eggman gets beaten up, he "say"s EGGMAN: Aaargh! You've got me... But i'll be back
or:
RED CRAWLA: Ouch!
Just a thought... To take it to the extreme, you can even make wave output with that. Type in Google: Text To Speech Engine.

Instant Sonic's good at that kind of stuff. Who ever did sonic in that sonic x dub AJ did a while back was really good. Sonic CD had voices in it. I liked Eggman's unsual laugh (Muuaahuuhuu huu!)

Loops are possible. Well, in a way, and only in 2D. Maybe a 2D sprite of a loop can be created in 2D mode, and when a character walks in it, he goes into a Spin Dash and through the loop. I don't know a single clue about Doom editing, so I don't know if this could work. Bah.

If you really think about it, unless they would contribute to the game play or level design, loops should be avoided. Unless they contributed to the above, they would be a waste of time to make becuase they would simply be a "visual". I think ssntails said something similar back on the sfghq board about today's 3D sonic games. Really, if you played them, you'll know what I'm talking about.

But we're all anticipating the day legacy adds a slope code to the engine. Now that would add to the game play. You could roll down a hill and catch momentum, then use it to your advantage.

Perhaps my last, and most useful request:

As SASRB2's Demo has taught us, invalid/unupdated texture lists are a pain in the butt. So, why not have something in the MAINCFG to fix that? Instead of copying, pasting, and editing SRB2's textures1/pnames lists, why not modify it via a SOC? There could be a texture section for it...

TEXCFG

GFZROCK_H = 256
GFZROCK_W = 256

This would set GFZROCK's size in textures1 to 256x256, and leave everything else alone. No muss, no fuss. No "OMG CAN'T FIND THIS TEXTURE, YOUR TEXTURES LIST IS OUT OF DATE".

How's that sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 18, Members: 0, Guests: 18)

Back