Stuff to put in 1.09

Status
Not open for further replies.
hotdog003 said:
Better yet, you could have a special thing where you could drive that enemy around! Think about it: You see a jettysyn. You have Tails reprogram it. Then, you hop on to the jettysyn for a ride and use it as some sort of advanced car!

Bah, it's allready been discussed, so I guess not...
Yeah, that idea was already brought up in #srb2fun Esper. Now see, if it wasn't massivley breaking nearly every rule here, I'd post the log so you guys could see it, but guess not. Tough luck. :roll:

That's my idea. PM me for a log, it's great stuff. I almost posted a censored log here. Dumb move. :oops:

Cutscenes or remote controlled turrets. tails reprogram a turret stand on it and the turret can also have wheels

heh turrets with wheels in a funny idea. but it would get anoyin playing sometjing like tag on a turret leval you would have to keep movin....

One word: MI.

Heck, we could do all sorts of things with that level.

"Who are you?"
"We are the Knights Who Say... MI! MI! MI!"
"No! Not the Knights Who Say MI!"

shadowstar said:
Hey, about the mirror levels. Could the same thing be done except using the z axis?
AFAIK, no. Or rather, yes, but only if you want to do a LOT of work.

must....not...reply...stupid...idea...........
ok here they are
smileys in chat.

Player names appear on head.

giant IT signs... seeing the sign on the other side of the level.

Skill points e.g: kill two enemies with speed thok withought landing earns you ring lake zone

You know those rabbits and birds that appear when enemies die???? well they could be equipped like uhh..... sonic 3d flicky island but with attacks

blurring when going too fast

LittleJust said:
smileys in chat.
Already been suggested, and I think denied.
That might be cool... There could be an option to turn off this feature as well.
Maybe...
Skill points e.g: kill two enemies with speed thok withought landing earns you ring lake zone
Unlock things by doing neat tricks? Not a bad idea, but I doubt it'll be used... Could be wrong, though.
You know those rabbits and birds that appear when enemies die???? well they could be equipped like uhh..... sonic 3d flicky island but with attacks
Highly unlikely. In the official version, anyway... Someone else might do it.
How fast is too fast? :P
May be a cool effect, but I doubt they'll use it...

Well, there's my opinion... s. My opinions. There are my opinions... :|

littlejust said:
smileys in chat.
We already have smilies in chat. ASCII can do rather amazing things. Graphical smilies are for wimps ^_~

Besides, any smilies you could draw in 8x8 pixels would be very ugly.

littlejust said:
We actually used to have this feature in one of the Demo 4.X versions. The problem was that there was no way to distinguish if you could actually see the other player, so it would put the nametag up even if the other player was on the other side of a wall.

littlejust said:
What's the point? The whole point is to be able to confront the other player in a multiplayer game. If that IT sign was big enough to see from the other side of the stage, there would be even less of a reason to play tag, because everyone would know exactly where the IT player is at all times.

littlejust said:
No.

littlejust said:
Uh, how about not.

littlejust said:
I don't know about the rest of you people, but I thing blurring is the most overused graphical effect ever. You go plenty fast in SRB2, and you can feel the speed just fine without a fake looking graphical touch.

littlejust said:
Eh, I have a dude about these animals... If you kill an enemy underwater... How can they breathe?

Mystic said:
I don't know about the rest of you people, but I thing blurring is the most overused graphical effect ever. You go plenty fast in SRB2, and you can feel the speed just fine without a fake looking graphical touch.

I don't know, Mystic, that would be a nice touch. I haven't seen that in a single Sonic game, so it'd rule.

wait, don't you mean like a speed blur trail, where a few sprites are set then disappear behind the player when moving? that effect is pretty cool. but probably should only be used when the speed powerup is in effect.

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. Annoying, though, if used all the time...It should go with Speed Shoes....You know, like Tails and his tail-spinning-run.

bigboi said:
Mystic said:

I don't know, Mystic, that would be a nice touch. I haven't seen that in a single Sonic game, so it'd rule.

It could be a nice optional OpenGL thing.

bigboi said:
Mystic said:

I take it you've never played Burnout 3 before.. it's impossible to see anything in that game 5 feet in front of you because of all the fisheye and blur effects used.

Rather than a blur of the actual sprite, why not make a streak with the chosen color of the character with, say, 75% alpha. The stripe would fade off after a few hypothetical "feet." It would take less processor speed and would look pretty cool, compared to the blur. Obviously, it would add a way to keep track of any opponents that don't keep still.

If you don't know what I mean, take this as an example:
/----------O
-------------O -------/
^ ^ ^
This is This is the player. Same idea, but the player
the little jumped.
color
streak.

Personally, for SPMoves' PSO mode's sake, I REALLY hope that nametags are reinstalled, at least as an optional thing. Please? ^^

Oh. And the speedblur thing. That'd be real neat too.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Personally, for SPMoves' PSO mode's sake, I REALLY hope that nametags are reinstalled, at least as an optional thing. Please? ^^

Oh. And the speedblur thing. That'd be real neat too.
It was buggy. There is a reason it was removed, Omega. Just use the tab key and look at the rankings to see who everyone is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 17, Members: 0, Guests: 17)

Back