STH360 (50 % done) continues elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to work on a soc that allows the player to jump like in NG.
And if it works you may use it HS.
For some that don't know what the jump is like I made an example.

Example:

3. spin frame--------------->o
2. jump frame----------->o
1. player jumping----->o

While landing it shows the falling frame.

Get it now?

Whoa! That sounds cool as!
It would make random jumping and other stuff way more fun!

EDIT: Now that I think about it, didn't some WADs like 'Sh-sonic' and 'Ng-sonic' have a built-in SOC like that?

HS you can change Wave Ocean 2 Cause In The Real Game Tails Do Found a switch for Help Sonic!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if this advice might work but...Try to make it a EXE if your gona do the whole Nextgen thing. What I mean is if your gona do like hints or missons I think useing a EXE for that might be possblie. Again Im not so sure if your gona do this.

This is getting surprisingly better and better, I can't wait for the next beta, anyway, did you try to take out the lag in Wave Ocean 1? Because it's the most fun act, for the moment, of the wad, also, try to put more things in Dusty Desert because it looks like a flat quicksand plain rather of what it should look like.

Also, you forgot to take out the "TAILS" name in the screenshot.

OK, I actually played the levels in the most recent release. I removed Adventure Mode from my copy since Adventure Mode is amazingly awkward with mouselook. Something's wrong if I have to hold the mouse sideways to play (so I don't start moving left/right for no reason).

Wave Ocean Act 1 has seemingly plummeted in framerate. I do not remember the lag in the first beta being that bad. Anyway, on to the rest. The framerate for each stage is still amazingly annoying. The level design for each level makes me just wonder what the heck Sega was thinking when they made these levels. Mach Speed is a terrible concept of theirs, and ironically, W/O Mach Speed was the best in the pack. That says very little. This mod really has no hope, no future, no real redeeming value. Porting stages, especially bad stages, just doesn't work. After playing Dusty Desert, I actually feel that my Red Desert Zone may actually have some sort of chance in the OLDC. It felt like every regular stage consisted of no gameplay except for springs. Without lag, the stages were worthy of 2/10 on average.

So let's look at a better alternative: making your own stages. You want to design a great stage? Look at the greats. I specifically recommend studying Blue Heaven as well as Arid Ruins Zone Acts 1-2 (which was supposed to be in Blue Heaven). Tets can push out good layout after good layout. If you can start making layouts like Tets, then you will succeed in level design. And then for the gimmicks. If you can push out frequent conceptual win like Sonict, that's also going to help a lot.

Not that I'm disagreed on what you say, but give him a chance, I know, SA controls suck, and it doesn't mean that ripping maps from one of most worse Sonic games that the mod will be bad. Give him a chance, he doesn't have alot of people helping him enoughly to make this mod something that you'll like, let's see on the next beta, then, we'll talk about it, knowing if it's still worth it...

What about SRB2Riders? a lot of levels are from the real game too

I give the mod a 9/10 for the moment! I can´t wait to play as Tails or Knuckles in the levels, test the HUD and play White Acropolis!!

Looking at the screenshots a couple pages back, it looks like you're trying to make it dark under FOFs? If you ARE trying to do that, you set the lighting in the FOF control sector, not in the tagged sector.

I totally agree with SonicMaster on this one, original levels themed around 06 would be better, and allow you to have more flexibility. Plus, it adds something new in it for people who've already ragged out their copy of '06 and are bored to death with it's stages.
SonicMaster said:
Wave Ocean Act 1 has seemingly plummeted in framerate. I do not remember the lag in the first beta being that bad. Anyway, on to the rest. The framerate for each stage is still amazingly annoying.
Finally, now I'm not the only one who's reported increased lag.
Newer stages would also allow you to add more walls in places with a large viewing distance, cutting down on lag with fewer FOFs to draw. This is why mods with large stages, like Blue Heaven or the Emerald Isles run so smoothly. This mod is currently almost as detailed as Botonic Serenity at it's highest drawing level, which is near impossible to run on an average PC. Put pics of Botonic Serenity and this mod together, you'll see what I mean.
STHE123O said:
What about SRB2Riders? a lot of levels are from the real game too
Yeah, but that's coming from a different game that had better level design and isn't rotting in its case with utter fail.
EDIT: Now that I compared the two myself, this mod only seems as detailed as BS mid-end, not high-end, oops. :P

I said in alot of pages before that Wave Ocean 1 lagged too much, also:

I said:
Give him a chance, let's see on the next beta, then, we'll talk about it, knowing if it's still worth it...

Did you even read what I said? Be yourself handy, and say things on what to do to be better than the original game, like what to remove, etc..., it's more better people saying what to do rather than say to stop the mod and doing another mod made by his own imagination, it's better yes, but it'll be more difficult, thinking on what to put here and there, just give him a chance, if you, Dr. Pepper and Sonic Master had chances on doing things, so why not him, anyway, the new beta's coming soon, and we'll rate it, seeing if it's rather better than this beta.

I respect your decision, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back