SSB:SS Demo Release (SSBSS_DEMO.RAR) [no56k]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Netplay isn't "broken" to begin with, the VERSION is just off the MS because Logan is away. Once he returns, he'll put it back up.

EDIT: Ok, since I've been getting LOADS of private messages pertaining to becoming a level designer for SSB:SS, I think it's about time I gave you guys some of the requirements for building levels for this mod:

-Each level needs to be in 2D mode (dur), and in adventure mode (just copypaste the TYPEOFLEVEL from another level in the MAINCFG)

-You need instadeath sectors on both sides, and a teleport at the very top of the stage, leading into the foreground/background, subsequently to your death.

-This one's important: MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE ROOM FOR THE CAMERA! Go open up any map from DMSCSSS.DEMO to see what I mean. The more room, the better it is.

-The only item box you're allowed to use as non-decorative is MixUp, the rest can only be used for decoration.

-Don't make the levels TOO massive, guys - you really want to make levels on the smaller scale, as large levels makes for a bad camera :(

With that said, go nuts. We've seen some truly unique maps made by our designers already - lets see what you guys can come up with. PM wads to either myself or Flame_The_Hedgehog, please.

Shouldn't Sonic's final Smash be as long as Tails? cause i think it should be slightly longer, look at brawls, you have enough time to kill one person then hit them at least twice

No, because I think other people would like to see other final smash moves, not all should be Super characters since it would be boring, the only different FS out of the 3 characters in the demo so far is Espio's which is camouflage, and not super form even though he doesn't have one >.>

Spazzo said:
-Each level needs to be in 2D mode (dur), and in adventure mode (just copypaste the TYPEOFLEVEL from another level in the MAINCFG)
Or just use 'TypeOfLevel = 644' in your maps

Spazzo said:
-This one's important: MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE ROOM FOR THE CAMERA! Go open up any map from DMSCSSS.DEMO to see what I mean. The more room, the better it is.
You can also use these thing types:
minmax.png

They should be self explanitory. It sets the boundaries to where the camera can go.

It should be noted that MT_CAMMIN and MT_CAMMAX sets the X, Y, and Z boundaries not only the X and Y boundaries. Also there should only be one set of MT_CAMMIN and MT_CAMAX per-level. I should know I programed it...

That looks awsome, ZTaimat. But this is the most balanced...
ssbss_-_battle_field.png

Too simple scenery wise as well. In Brawl, I don't know for sure, but I believe there is an actual model used for the canyon in the background. So it seems like a good idea to make one.

You obviously were never around for 1.09.3, which made it up to 1.09.3.46, or something.

BTW, for those who are interested in being part of the team...
DMSC.PNG

Yeah. X_x

Only the most foolish fool ever to be foolish would believe that Photoshop. The real message says: "Ha ha, just messing with you! ;P"

I can provide photographic evidence if necessary, and it _might_ be possible to provide database evidence if only the phpMyAdmin didn't stop working for Mystic.

FoxBlitzz said:
Only the most foolish fool ever to be foolish would believe that Photoshop.

Ah, but little do you know, I have already fooled you!
I made it in paint, NOT photoshop! *bricked*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back