SRB2Wii thread (v2.0.0 RC4, news update 27/11/2010 10:46)

What the hell!? Extended Swap Space Tarball download is 681 bytes, and contains a file that is 128 MB? How is that possible?

Also...

- The almost-finished SRB2Wii launcher is now switched on by default. You can configure everything about SRB2Wii with it, and it will also load WADs and custom SRB2Wii build of EXE mods (<--- coming soon by yours truly) from a USB stick, you can also load them onto the SD card directly as well (WADs go in /<apps/bootmii>/srb2wii/data/addons).

That directory doesn't exist! I've downloaded everything into the same place, and I don't see those folders at all.

Also, are you supposed to put the bootmii data somewhere special? Or do you just extract all that stuff to the SD card?

Last edited:
That directory doesn't exist! I've downloaded everything into the same place, and I don't see those folders at all.

Also, are you supposed to put the bootmii data somewhere special? Or do you just extract all that stuff to the SD card?

Its /apps for IOS and /bootmii for the mini version of SRB2Wii.

Funny, it's just as slippery if you have analog off. But now, I'm blaming the control scheme for not having FPS controls. That's how I play SRB2 when I plug in the Xbox 360 controller.

Google doesn't help. Can you list the button numbers for the Wiimote and nunchuck? Thanks.

Also, I already went to DSZ, and yeah. You get 1 frame every 5 seconds from the start. I'll try to disable the water effects to see if it works. Otherwise, I'll use a savestate from the PC version to skip to CEZ1 or ACZ.

Funny, it's just as slippery if you have analog off. But now, I'm blaming the control scheme for not having FPS controls. That's how I play SRB2 when I plug in the Xbox 360 controller.

Google doesn't help. Can you list the button numbers for the Wiimote and nunchuck? Thanks.

Also, I already went to DSZ, and yeah. You get 1 frame every 5 seconds from the start. I'll try to disable the water effects to see if it works. Otherwise, I'll use a savestate from the PC version to skip to CEZ1 or ACZ.

Actually, its slippery because its not using a proper analog control axis, its using an analog to digital pad conversion setup because I don't have enough axis to have the Nunchuk analog stick work as a proper analog controller. =/

Its a bit more complicated than just button numbers, I will explain how it works later on.

The main water ripple effect is already disabled (not compiled in at all), the secondary ripple effect (the one where you are just above the water) is still there though, but it shouldn't cause much slowdown. Its just that these immense, complicated levels (DSZ1 in particular) cause tons of slowdown even on low-end PCs, not just the Wii and the PSP versions of SRB2. Its like this:

GFZ1-3 are completely playable.

THZ1 is completely playable.
THZ2, apart from a few lag spikes, is completely playable.
THZ3 is completely playable.

DSZ1 is unplayable.
DSZ2 is unbearable but still can be played a lot more than DSZ1.
DSZ3 hasn't been tested yet, but should be fine.

CEZ1 is playable to an extent (I haven't got far enough in it to reach a proper consensus on it)
CEZ2 is also unplayable (probably because of the water effects and precipitation which is turned right down in the options).

ACZ1 is not as unplayable as DSZ1, but its still unplayably laggy.

RVZ1 is much better, the beginning part doesn't have too much lag, but I haven't gotten far enough to reach a proper consensus on it.

ERZ1 is the usual, not as bad as DSZ1 but still pretty bad...
ERZ2 is the same, although the beginning bit is kinda playable I think.
ERZ3 is completely playable.

Mario Koopa Blast is completely playable.

Sonic Into Dreams is unplayable.

SRB1 is completely playable.

Last edited:
This has been bugging me for a while, and I don't want to mess up my Wii or anything, but I have a few questions..

1. How do you download and use BootMii? I remember using it for the Homebrew Channel once but that was quite a while ago and I've forgotten how now. So yeah, step-by-step instructions on how to install SRB2Wii? :S

(PS: I uninstalled Homebrew Channel now. :S)

(PS: I uninstalled Homebrew Channel now. :S)

...Okay, WHY would you do that? Sides, I think BootMii can only be activated via the Homebrew Channel, Twilight Hack, and MAYBE this "Bannerbomb" thing I herd about. I dunno about Bannerbomb much at all though, but I DO know it works with V4.1 and 4.2 of the system updates.

This most probably has been answered, but where do you put this bz2 file if BTWyou're using Homebrew? 'Cause the WiiBrew Wiki says that you should put the necessary folder in the apps area with the boot.elf/dol file. This just uses bz2, so what do I do with that?

BTW, I haven't even started up Homebrew Channel so...

Just. Extract. It. On. The Root Of Your SD Card.

The resulting folder will contain two folders you need to move to the root of the SD card. And then, you put it in your Wii. Thats all you need to do.

Extract? How can you extract a bz2 file?
*sigh*
I'll go check.

Edit: Okay, I found that it is a zip file, but did it need to be that kind of file?

Last edited:
Owait, yeah. I used Bannerbomb.
Wait, BootMii is LAUNCHED from the Homebrew Channel, yet it installs it itself?

EDIT:
Reinstalled Homebrew and BootMii via Bannerbomb.
ERROR: Unable to download SRB2 Wii (Corrupt File)
WinRAR keeps saying it's an empty corrupt file, 'Nuff said.
EDIT2:
Managed to download it but am going nowhere. Alright, from the Homebrew Channel, how would it be installed?
EDIT3:
Got it working! But this text came up really fast like an error about Data Files or something. :S It came up too fast to read, then shut down my Wii. (EDIT4: It shut it off in the non-turning-on type way. D:)

Probably Final EDIT5: Which files would be the Data files? Just gamedata.dat, right?

Last edited:
It took me awhile to set things up, mainly because no where in this entire topic did it tell me where to put my SRB2 files.

your /data/ folder is where you put all the files that SRB2 needs to run. Including gamedata.dat.

I'm guessing /data/addons/ is for wads, of course. I haven't bothered with it yet.

/data/.srb2/ is where you'll find your config.cfg, srb2sav0.ssg, and log.txt.

Thinking about it, you can't move around in the menu yet. So if you add a level wad while a saved state is up, what's going to happen? I guess the only solution is to remove srb2sav0.ssg until you're done with the wad.

Okay, clearly, you guys need some instructions on how to set this up, I thought it would be self-explanatory but people here don't seem to be intelligent enough to figure it out themselves.

1. Download the version of SRB2Wii you want (at the moment I recommend the IOS version since that version works best right now)

2. Extract the BZip2 compressed tarball (using 7-Zip preferably). The resulting folder will contain two folders that need to be on the root of the SD card.

3. Copy your SRB2 data files, which need to be copied to /apps/srb2wii/data for the IOS version and /bootmii/srb2wii/data for the BootMii version.

Yeah, its that easy. And yeah, Chaos Zero 64, srb2wii/data/addons is where you put WAD files.

Once SRB2 has started at least once, a new folder called .srb2 will be created, which will have gamedata.dat, srb2log.txt and srb2sav0.ssg (config.cfg gets generated every time SRB2Wii starts up so this is never there, the base config file can be found in the /srb2wii folder on your SD card).

Last edited:
Why can't you put that on the first page? I mean, it is quite complicated.
I thought it would be self-explanatory but people here don't seem to be intelligent enough to figure it out themselves.

And I thought I was going to compliment this mod.

I know I sound really n00by right now, but which ones are the data files? None of you are helping. -.-

I know I sound really n00by right now, but which ones are the data files? None of you are helping. -.-

The ones that come with the extractor except the files for the updater and lvlconv. Also, no folders are needed.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back