SRB2Wii thread (v2.0.0 RC4, news update 27/11/2010 10:46)

Ontopic: This is all really cool! I can't wait for when I finally do everything right and get SRB2Wii.
Offtopic: Where can I find a good link for Homebrew, so I can put it on my SD card and then onto my Wii?

I really want to use the extended swap file,can someone tell me how to get it to stop telling me to reformat the partition.

what does it even do?

I would think it acts like a page file like on windows but for linux/srb2wii.

I have to say that the screen still cuts off the lives counter and some other stuff (just lettin ya know).

Last edited:
Hi guys, sorry for not being active this past week or two, I'm having problems with my ISP (I'm actually posting this from school). This problem should be corrected within the next few days, and then I'll be able to help with your problems with SRB2Wii, and resume SRB2Wii development.

My internet was out for a few days because of my phone line was messed up so I had to use an alternate phone line in another room that happenned to still be working,but now it is fixed.

I would think it acts like a page file like on windows but for linux/srb2wii.

I have to say that the screen still cuts off the lives counter and some other stuff (just lettin ya know).

Exactly the same idea, the swap partition allows a part of the SD card to be used as temporary RAM. In theory more RAM should speed things up but it really doesn't and I'm guessing it has to do with the slower read/write speed of the SD card reader. It's also an easy way to quickly wear out flash memory so I wouldn't suggest using it for that reason.

Exactly the same idea, the swap partition allows a part of the SD card to be used as temporary RAM. In theory more RAM should speed things up but it really doesn't and I'm guessing it has to do with the slower read/write speed of the SD card reader. It's also an easy way to quickly wear out flash memory so I wouldn't suggest using it for that reason.

It doesn't help with smaller levels, but with large levels where SRB2Wii will run out of RAM, it helps. Remember that swap space isn't used until the system runs out of memory, so the extra flash wear shouldn't be too much of a problem.

It doesn't help with smaller levels, but with large levels where SRB2Wii will run out of RAM, it helps. Remember that swap space isn't used until the system runs out of memory, so the extra flash wear shouldn't be too much of a problem.

will this happen in the main game? If it does what happens, the game crashes? I have other main game mods but nevermind them for now.

Can You Make The Wi-Fi Connection In IOS Version Of SRB2?
I remember questioning Callum about this on IRC.

[16:13] <Flame> By the way, I've been meaning to ask.
[16:14] <Flame> Why doesn't the Wi-Fi work outside SRB2Wii/Mini?
[16:14] <Callum> That's because the IOS (Nintendo's operating system running on the Starlet, a tiny ARM core inside the Hollywood GPU) controls all the extra hardware that makes it different from a GameCube
[16:15] <Callum> The gc-linux people managed to get the kernel interfacing with IOS to get the USB to work, but to do that for the Wi-Fi is much more difficult
[16:16] <Callum> and since SRB2Wii/mini doesn't use IOS at all, all the hardware is available to Linux, including the Wi-Fi and disc drive

Last edited:
The main level with the most speed/lagging issues is egg rock zone probably because all of the crushers,lasers,and mines (sprite overload).

That is why I wished that the bootmii version still worked because it runs a lot smoother.

Last edited:
It sucks that I have to get punched twice extremely hard (wisdom teeth removal) tomorrow.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a 'N00B's Guide to Getting Homebrew on Your Wii'? I was on the wiki, and it says I need LEGO Indiana Jones or SSBB...help.
Wait...can't someone just post a link of all the files already in order and ready to go?

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back