SRB2Wii thread (v2.0.0 RC4, news update 27/11/2010 10:46)

How do i get input from the GC controller? at the dos/text shell thing where where you config srb2wii, i can change player 2 controller to GCcoop or GCmatch but it shows nothing in all 4 GC ports.

oh i see, is that fixable? and i need a keyboard to input the info, right?

and srb2net launcher thing works with this?

Yes, it is very fixable. Yes, you'll need a keyboard to enter the information.

What does SRB2Net have to do with SRB2Wii?

I just tried it and the controls are a bit goofed up,you need to set the universal control inputs for the gcn pad on the joystick setting somehow (if possible) so the controls do not clash or come out wrong.

And it is running a good bit faster since RC2.

I forgot to tell you I have a conversion USB device for my gamecube controller on my pc.

I am going to give you information about the names of the buttons that are written when setting buttons.

Code:
A is JOY1
B is JOY2
X is JOY3
Y is JOY4
L is JOY5
R is JOY6
Z is JOY7
Start is JOY8 (forgot)  and...
D-pad is HAT-UP-DOWN-LEFT-RIGHT orderly.
I hope this helps.

I also hope you can help me,I cannot get it to extend the swap file,I have enough space but it says to format the partition whatever that means (I know what formatting is,it deletes everything on your sd card,and I do not want to do that).

And you use this USB converter on the Wii? Why??? >_> Why can't you plug the GameCube controllers DIRECLTY into the Wii? That's the only way they will come up properly. >_>

How do i get input from the GC controller? at the dos/text shell thing where where you config srb2wii, i can change player 2 controller to GCcoop or GCmatch but it shows nothing in all 4 GC ports.

Then there most likely isn't anything in there =) Or if there is, try plugging the controller in a different port. Remember, GameCube controllers have to be plugged in before you start SRB2Wii at the Homebrew Channel to be detected.

Last edited:
And you use this USB converter on the Wii? Why??? >_> Why can't you plug the GameCube controllers DIRECLTY into the Wii? That's the only way they will come up properly.

No silly It is for my pc.

Last edited:
Ha, but my GC controllers always are plugged in, maybe theyre treated different because they're wavebirds? for now i'll just try each port.

Ha, but my GC controllers always are plugged in, maybe theyre treated different because they're wavebirds? for now i'll just try each port.

They are treated differently because they are WaveBirds. I don't have any WaveBird controllers to test SRB2Wii with, so I'm not much help with those I'm afraid. =/

Do you even have a normal gcn controller?,if you do try it in slot one.

Do you even have a normal gcn controller?,if you do try it in slot one.

nope... and the way the room is set up, the wii is way too far from the sofas to use wired controllers.

Callum: would you be able to send me a config file that has my internet info? Not forcing you, just wonder if possible.

Last edited:
Callum,can you make an extra download with a pre-extended swap file pweeze /-\.

Edit:Because I Do not like having to play srb2 wii at an every passing second's slower speed (RAM build-up).

Last edited:
I hosted an SRB2Wii server earlier today and it was funny to see people with PCs trying to join and getting CON FAILED out. Unfortunately no one else with a Wii wanted to play with me. :P

Just tried RC3. Why exactly does it still say my SD card isn't found? Is it because it's a 1gb card? Maybe it has the wrong format? WTF IS GOING ON?!

EDIT: Just got it loading under my USB stick. I'll tell you this, it takes longer than 3 minutes to load

EDIT2: Okay. Now that I found it working, I made a video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_EKLdAzFGM

Last edited:
Last edited:
Just tried RC3. Why exactly does it still say my SD card isn't found? Is it because it's a 1gb card? Maybe it has the wrong format? WTF IS GOING ON?!

EDIT: Just got it loading under my USB stick. I'll tell you this, it takes longer than 3 minutes to load

EDIT2: Okay. Now that I found it working, I made a video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_EKLdAzFGM

What file system type is your card formatted in? FAT32?

EDIT2:
Ha i would try some day.

would the SRB2 pc file work with wii, if it's the same?
No.

What file system type is your card formatted in? FAT32?

SRB2Wii will support any filesystem, but yeah, I recommend using FAT16.

Wow, that is quite slow. I assume that is because you are using USB. Loading SRB2Wii by USB is MUCH, MUCH slower than by SD.

Will the mini version ever be fixed in future revisions,because when I used it before,it seemed to run a bit faster than the IOS version.

SRB2Wii will support any filesystem, but yeah, I recommend using FAT16.

Wow, that is quite slow. I assume that is because you are using USB. Loading SRB2Wii by USB is MUCH, MUCH slower than by SD.
In my case it's nonfunctional. Just tried to loading via my USB stick, got something to the effect of "SD fallback not found."

Does any classic controller work (pro, snes thing, & others) or just normal?

and when i play a host match (not connected to any server) the character always has a blue circle over him, how do i get rid of it?

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back