SRB2Wii thread (v2.0.0 RC4, news update 27/11/2010 10:46)

Took a while for me to set it up. I deleted all the old files, like you said, and moved the old /data/ folder to the /apps/srb2wii/ folder. Where it used to belong. The DOS screen actually telling me it belongs in /media/blkdev/srb2wii/ did nothing for me, either. I reread the last line of your post when I finally got it.

Colors is in, but controls are not. The mouse pointer is also new, but it doesn't move with the Wiimote. If it's supposed to work with a mouse or with a keyboard, then there's not much point to it.

Well, I never tried any kind of homebrew until now and I have to say I'm impressed despite the flaws. I never expected that hardware as weak as a Wii could even load ERZ without crashing, much less be able to run it, albeit at an extremely low frame rate. I also got to see firsthand why some people complain that SRB2's controls are too slippery. I guess I'm just too used to a mouse and keyboard.

This is some nice work here. Keep it up.

Good job Callum,i tried this homebrew and a can tell you that porting SRB2 to this platform is a hard task(i can't believe that some people compare the Wii with a PS3....),i just noticed one thing:the low frame rate on some big levels(like ERZ 1&2).
Keep it up.

Also, as a quick question:

Is the d-pad on the Wiimote supposed to work with SRB2? I was trying to map movement to it and the game wasn't recognizing it.

It's the display. The frames' Y position are moved so far down, that you have to run fast to see them on the bottom of the screen.

I'd never know, Because I can't make it to ERZ1 on this version because I keep getting stuck on DSZ2 due to how the controls are with Analog + Nunchuck, without the ability to rotate the camera.
I'll just need to make a save past that on the PC version later.

It's a really good port! It just needs the menu fixed and it will be good enough for me!

You actually MADE it to DSZ2? I'm impressed. I couldn't finish DSZ1 because of the same problem as you: not being able to rotate the camera.

Callum suggested to turn Analog off, which is what I always do. Find the config.cfg and change it yourself.

I did what I said earlier and used a save of GFZ as knuckles and just played until then.
I need to change the Config.cfg later.

When you say "copy your data files into the /srb2wii folder", which files exactly do I need to get the program to run?

Check the first post, there is a new FAQ there.

SRB2Wii v1.5.0 beta 2 has been released for testing (30/11/2009 14:23):
- The IOS version now properly reboots to the Homebrew Channel. To circumvent the v4.2 update, the Homebrew Channel v1.0.6 had its title ID changed from HAXX to JODI. HAXX was hardcoded into the Linux kernel, so it had to be patched at compile time to load into JODI instead of HAXX.
- Fixed the Linux kernel killing the tarball conversion process. The process is much faster as well.
- Fixes to the SRB2Wii build system, rewrite will take place soon. (behind the scenes change)

TODO list for the final release of SRB2Wii:
--SRB2WII itself--
- Finish the rest of the SRB2Wii launcher functionality.
- Finish network support, and test what I can (Wi-Fi).
- Rewrite more portions of SRB2Wii (specifically the not rewritten portions of the launcher).
- Finish the SDL video driver (Alam).
- Modify the settings for ncurses to be more eye-catching.
--SRB2WII build system--
- Rewrite the SRB2Wii build system, so no more warnings and easier to modify.
- Make the build system create symbolic links to the libraries stored on FAT automatically so the name of the project can be changed easily and everything will be affected.
- Make the build system modify all the $NAME/$STAGE2 variables in all the files so the name of the project can be changed easily and everything will be affected.

so now wi-fi works? i just got the srb2wii 1.5! i have been reading this whole topic and still don't get why i can't move that mouse thing

Last edited:
The Cursor on the Main Menu? If Callum didn't change how the controls work in the Main Menu since the 1.5 beta, You need a USB Keyboard attached to your Wii to select anything besides the first option.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back