• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2SNK: A fighting game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't tell if they're remixes or the original, so which are they?

Also, something tells me Doomsday music will part of the final boss thing in SRB2.

They're SRB2-styled versions of the originals.

I think the only one out of those oggs that doesn't seem that much like the original version from Sonic 3 to me is Launch Base Zone. It's missing some of the parts the original had.

The rest all seem to be oggs of the MIDIs from Sonic & Knuckles Collection for PC.

Also, something tells me Doomsday music will part of the final boss thing in SRB2.

BOOM!
Best remix of Doomsday. Period.

EDIT: (just listened to the doomsday SSNTails put up, great, but I still consider the one above best)

Last edited:
IIRC, what this guy SSN did was: Get MIDIS composed by the main composers, then run him through his keyboard to make the instruments sound like they do in SRB2. I'm not sure, maybe they use something like FL Studio or Nuendo (OK NEV3R I KNOW FLS SUCKS). I could be mistaken though.

They're SRB2-styled versions of the originals.

I think the only one out of those oggs that doesn't seem that much like the original version from Sonic 3 to me is Launch Base Zone. It's missing some of the parts the original had.

The rest all seem to be oggs of the MIDIs from Sonic & Knuckles Collection for PC.
That could be that Launch Base music was replaced in the PC version, along with the other songs that MJ contributed to. Also, can't wait until CNZ and HPZ.

IIRC, what this guy SSN did was: Get MIDIS composed by the main composers, then run him through his keyboard to make the instruments sound like they do in SRB2. I'm not sure, maybe they use something like FL Studio or Nuendo (OK NEV3R I KNOW FLS SUCKS). I could be mistaken though.
http://ssntails.sepwich.com/ssntails/music.htm

All original MIDI sequencers are credited where applicable in the file tag
And I've compared some oggs (such as the Super Mario Bros. theme) to vgmusic.com midis for myself, so, yes, that is basically the case for a lot of them.

Thanks anyway, but I think Nev3r and I got the soundtrack covered.

Hi I've been away from the forums for a while and I'm confused can someone tell me the status of this project?

I have to ask when will it be done. It has been 4 months and no release. I mean I know there is great progress but when? I like how the levels look though. The textures look real great. If the textures all come out great this may be in better quality then SRB2. Are there going to be CTF and match levels?

I know there is great progress
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I like how the levels look though. The textures look real great. If the textures all come out great this may be in better quality then SRB2. Are there going to be CTF and match levels?
Remember, this is a very large scale project. It will take a LOT of time, and a release before the end of this year is terribly unlikely. I even say, don't expect much in at least 6 months. And even then, I bet we'd have a very beta release. Seriously, people have lives, etc.

Even if he did declare a tentative release date, remember that people expected SRB2 to be finished in 2003.

I doubt he plans to get it done. If anything this'll folow a path like that of srb2, as Boinciel mentioned.

Okay, Seriously...

I'm pretty sure that complaining until the sun stops rising isn't going to make the team work any faster. If I were making a large scale mod and people were behaving like you guys, I would more think about discontinuing the project if anything else.

Seriously. If you haven't made a large scale mod (and I haven't, but I can imaging the amount of work, time, and effort that it requires to make something memorable, especially if it's a team effort), than you can't really complain like you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back