• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2SNK: A fighting game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe what's concerning BlueZero4 is how both of you post based on how much you like something, not necessarily how it could be improved, and that what he's getting at is you're not being of any help to the community or of projects by doing that. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It has been said countless times. I doubt this will change. :p
Is the music in this mod going to resemble the real music to the original stages? Or is it 100% custom and doesn't sound anything like a carnival song...

The answer to this question can be found on the first post, whoooo!

WHAT ABOUT THE MUSIC!? THE ORIGINAL'S HAVE AN AWESOME FEEL/WE WANT THEM SRB2FIED:
This was discussed and we've come to this conclusion; Music packs will be downloaded separately. You'll be able to download the classic, genesis music, for that retro awesome feel, or the remix version, for that nü age feel of cosmic happyness.

By default, Sonic has his split-second shield thing when pressing A in midair. The fire shield will return his thok, and to my understanding, the fire trail has been dropped.

So you're gonna get rid of thok and replace it with the original S3&K ability? That was kinda a letdown.

The spinny thing does have its technical advantages, so you might still have fun with it. Besides, to reiterate, fire shield.

@Autosaver: The remastered soundtrack will have the composition and feel of the original tunes, while still being full of high-quality awesome.

Besides, I am creating the soundtrack, therefore it will be orgasmic, and that's all you need to be concerned about.

You know, If we could use 2D mode in combination with the NiGHTs axis and transfers, You could have the stages loop easily.

Sweet, I never expected a S3&K mod! Now, It'd be more befitting if the levels were 2D, but 3D adds a touch of awesomeness no Sonic genisis game has. (Pardon me if I spelled that wrong!)

I could see looping happening done with teleports and seamless scenery. The transitions would be kind of obvious though.

I've been refraining from saying this, but honestly, are you all asleep or something? What do you think Circuit race is based on?

As a child I was captured by S3&K with the magical concept of going one solid direction and ending up in the same place. It's all the more cool if it's in 3D IMO. :(
Not like it would be practical in SRB2 however...

As much as it would be cool even if we were to be able to simulate the effect seamlessly, do keep in mind we're not here to fit SRB2 into S3&K; we're here to do it the other way around.

I've been refraining from saying this, but honestly, are you all asleep or something? What do you think Circuit race is based on?

S3 Multiplayer?

The only reasion I brought up 2d mode with a NiGHTS track was because how I imagined Endless Mine in SRB2 before. (which upon replaying it, it sucks)

What I would like to see here is how the bosses will be done. Since the bosses are included with each Act, it could be interesting. Also, first post in a long time.

What I would like to see here is how the bosses will be done. Since the bosses are included with each Act, it could be interesting. Also, first post in a long time.
The bosses will work a bit differently from the original bosses so we can accomadate this being a 3D game, but the concept will be the same.

The bosses will work a bit differently from the original bosses so we can accomadate this being a 3D game, but the concept will be the same.

Like MHZ2's boss, those spike walls that appear while you're running after the boss, they'll be arranged in random ways?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back