SRB2JTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know "our JTE", he never comes out 100% with what he says will come out but like I said, at least he's trying. Many people wouldn't even dare to try to code bots the way he is right now. I'll apllaud him even more if these bots actually come out period.

Besides, it's interesting to see him support this again after initially dropping it. Everyone was so sure SRB2JTE was screwed.

Wow... just, wow

If JTE manages to get all of this done, SRB2 will officially own every other fangame. I'm loving this idea, it promises to add a whole new spin on the game.

I love how JTE is back on the team!!!

seems like the 'JTE fund' worked (somewhing from a while back)

anyway... thank you JTE for working on your mod again!!!

I love you!!! (well i love SRB2JTE, but... you get the idea)

him *shot* but me is likings this idea light dasher is, will download when complete i will, *shot for abusing yoda's speach*

It's true, JTE's torrent was full of unfinished WADs. But still, JTE had bots in before (They screwed up in netgames, which was really where they were meant to go) but they were still fun as hell.

i think bots would play a usefull Role in CTF... its like having extra players on your team, but they arent really players, just, bots... XD

anyway... I wish you luck JTE!
(this is going to be good!!!)

(SMS: the red character in my Avy is me)

You should be able to set the intelligence of the bots (n00b, stupid, idiot, normal, smart, really smart and genius)

Dash the Hedgehog said:
Flame_the_hedgehog said:
(SMS: the red character in my Avy is me)

He was talking to JTE, Flame.

Anyway. I'm really looking forward to it. I can't wait to compete with bots. :)

Don't make the bots too thick.

Yeah it's going to look good when it come out

JJames19119 said:
JTE, your penis size astounds me. Match bots, circuit bots, coop bots...you're fulfilling everyone's dreams right about now, even if they aren't executed perfectly. I give you serious props just for trying this.

LOL!

i was going to post about that post up there (the oine about not making the bots thick) but i'd think you'd call me a n00b and say thats a bad idea, but other people just started posting anyway

I was thinking more along the lines of n00b, dumbass, idiot, stupid, normal. If any difficulty levels at all. No way I'm going to be able to make bots "smart"... I still can't get them to "see" the level, if you know what I mean, only the objects in it, the floor and ceiling height, and which sector it's in.

And right now, I can't even get bots to be able to jump properly, though bots in netgames is looking hopeful (despite not testing this in the slightest)...

Unfortunately, there are also many crashes related to bots as well which I can't fix yet... :? I'm getting everything laid out nicely, and I do think I will be able to at least get bots to work in a few of the other modes, but there's no way they'll be as smart as a normal player, if any challenge at all...

As for my penis size... 9 inches and still growing, thank you. :twisted: And my avatar is indeed a picture of me. My head, anyway. Larger one here.

Jason the Echidna said:
Unfortunately, there are also many crashes related to bots as well which I can't fix yet... :? I'm getting everything laid out nicely, and I do think I will be able to at least get bots to work in a few of the other modes, but there's no way they'll be as smart as a normal player, if any challenge at all...

Is it possible to set cirtain levels for the bots... like they do in most games (I.e. super smash brothers... (not really))
you can probably have a command called:
BOTLEVEL <Botnumber> <Level>
what it can do is... if you have a bot at a higher level, it acts like if it were a better person controling it... But its not as smart as a normal player, its just some Random AI

also, if you are planning to have bots go to specific points on maps... say for example if you were in match mode...
as soon as you move next to a Point on the map, the Bot automatically rushes to where you are and starts shooting at you... or if a Bot is stationary for a while (on a point of the map) and you move close to it, the bot takes aim at you (faces you) and Fires (BTW, i think it might be helpfull to remove the Botturnspeed or just make it not useable in the console)...

and probably have a command in the next srb2JTE called 'LISTBOTS'
what it can do, is that it can show every stats of bots that you have out currently...
it can tell infromation on a bot to see what mode its in (Attack, Defense, evasion, Roaming), you'll also be able to see what bot bumber it is and what skin the bot is using, i think this would come in handy for the BOTLEVEL thing i said earlier

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Is it possible to set cirtain levels for the bots... like they do in most games (I.e. super smash brothers... (not really))
Already suggested several times. If I do implement such a thing, I will do so in my own fashion and I can only dumb them down by difficulty level and they won't be too smart to begin with, sorry.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
also, if you are planning to have bots go to specific points on maps... say for example if you were in match mode...
as soon as you move next to a Point on the map, the Bot automatically rushes to where you are and starts shooting at you... or if a Bot is stationary for a while (on a point of the map) and you move close to it, the bot takes aim at you (faces you) and Fires (BTW, i think it might be helpfull to remove the Botturnspeed or just make it not useable in the console)...
"botturnspeed," "botkill," "botgather," "flyme," etc. are removed already. Botturnspeed in particular was a suggestion of foxUnit01 I never particularly liked. The only commands left that I can think of at the moment are "addbot" and "botcolor".

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
and probably have a command in the next srb2JTE called 'LISTBOTS'
what it can do, is that it can show every stats of bots that you have out currently...
it can tell infromation on a bot to see what mode its in (Attack, Defense, evasion, Roaming), you'll also be able to see what bot bumber it is and what skin the bot is using, i think this would come in handy for the BOTLEVEL thing i said earlier
"listbots" was another of the commands I just removed. It merely listed how many bots each person had following them, of course. Bots will be on the scores screen now outside of co-op, where you don't really care about them anyway.

Before anyone asks how to remove bots without "removebot" and "removeallbots," I've decided to extend to the "kick" command instead. Thusfar you can only kick bots by name or "kick allbots" to remove them all and the server is still the only one who can kick, but I'm working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back