SRB2JTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't anyone think to just add empty CBLEFT and CBRIGHT images to a wad and add it when they run SRB2JTE?...

Bonic said:
Yeah, only noobs find SA City fun....
Yes, I seriously need to agree. I am frikkin' tired of people requesting SA City on hosted netgames. I mean, Christ, there are missing textures, many large areas with absolutely no rings, and a lack of things to do in there. As SMS said, it is good for testing characters and such, but that's about it. It's really only good for testing technicality.

Why doesn't anyone think to just add empty CBLEFT and CBRIGHT images to a wad and add it when they run SRB2JTE?...

I would, if I wasn't so lazy. :\

SA City doesn't need rings everywhere. Only on the race track and in the battle pit, purely as ammunition. The idea was that money, health, and ammo would be seperate things, and you would compete with eachother in the minigames to get money to do stuff with. The more advanced minigames would have an entrance fee and a larger prize money, and you can also use the money to buy a statue from the statue shop for your room.

Naturally, I didn't really get very much farther then just the map, unfortunately. In fact, I never even completed the map, it was supposed to extend much further and there should've been more real buildings then extra vision barriers to ward off the excessively large map bugs and I was trying to merge all the sectors from all the 'disaster' versions of the map together in a single map so I could run through disaster mode without ever changing the map, often instead transitioning quite smoothly.

It was yet another dream of mine too large to complete...

JTE, i bet with a little more practice, you could have Done that by making lots of Sectors having to execute a cecho or echo script, then with many linedef executers doing your things (Ring count, character, ECT...)

and i bet there is a thing where you can place thingtypes on the map (using coordinates) through a script line and deleting them

or how bout socing for that matter? eggman shooting flames (lol)...
yeah... i think socing would go great here... with the movement an all

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
JTE, i bet with a little more practice, you could have Done that by making lots of Sectors having to execute a cecho or echo script, then with many linedef executers doing your things (Ring count, character, ECT...)
No. I am JTE. I don't need practice, I can already use every editing capability of SRB2's to the fullest extent possible. I was going to program it because doing it all perfectly by linedef executors alone would be impossible. The only things the map would contain in that respect would be the actual sectors, static layout, and base FOF control sectors. Also, it is "etc" not "ECT" you dummys... Why is that misspelling so uncommon? "EtC" stands for "Et Cetera"... What do you think "ECT" stands for? "Et CeTera"?

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
and i bet there is a thing where you can place thingtypes on the map (using coordinates) through a script line and deleting them
Um... What? Use objectplace in a script to create objects? That seems kinda... dumb. In any case, object handling would also be programmed.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
or how bout socing for that matter? eggman shooting flames (lol)...
yeah... i think socing would go great here... with the movement an all
SOC editing would affect the entire game, though. SA City is but one map in SRB2JTE. In any case, where did you get the idea that I even had any intention of editing the objects at all?

JTE I need some help before I can Port SPMoves 11 to 1.09.4, I remember the time when you told me on #kidradd that I won't make SPMoves 12, So I'm porting SPMoves 11 to 1.09.4.

So was Cueball, apparently. Alas, this is the SRB2JTE topic, not the SPMoves topic.

The reason SPMoves is dead is because my programming for many of the things in it was so sloppy, so buggy, that I found it easier to simply start all over with SRB2JTE then to port it and fix it. As you do not have the skill to fix it (That is, if you even have the skill to do a proper port in the first place, which I seriously lack all confidence in) you really shouldn't be messing with it.

It's one thing to say SPMoves or SRB2JTE sucks because of my own programming errors which piled up over time, often occurring due to my own errors in porting the code to newer versions. It is a completely different matter when you make sucky edits of it and people find it even worse then what I put out originally, yet I take the blame as it is my mod.

Thus, I will not help you, nor would I even allow you to do anything with it if I had much of a choice.

Let it suffice to say: "SRB2JTE 1.09.4"
Thanks to Alam's dedicated work and random shouts of "WHEEEEEEEEE!!," I was inspired to try to fix some of the bugs, as everything became even more broken due to the new character ability stuffs... And now bots flood the console with state loop messages and whatnot... Ick.

More information later, I guess.
IT'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!! *crackle*
BWAHAHA HA HA HAAAAAAAA!!!...

Jason the Echidna said:
Let it suffice to say: "SRB2JTE 1.09.4"
Thanks to Alam's dedicated work and random shouts of "WHEEEEEEEEE!!," I was inspired to try to fix some of the bugs, as everything became even more broken due to the new character ability stuffs... And now bots flood the console with state loop messages and whatnot... Ick.

More information later, I guess.
IT'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!! *crackle*
BWAHAHA HA HA HAAAAAAAA!!!...

Looking forward to the upgrade. :D

Greetings. This morning, I found my son lieing on his keyboard at his desk, dead as a doornail, apparently from a bullet wound. The investigators are still trying to figure out where it came from, but they believe it may have originated in this thread. Thanks a lot, jerks. Now where am I gonna get a new JTE? :(

Jason the Echidna said:
Greetings. This morning, I found my son lieing on his keyboard at his desk, dead as a doornail, apparently from a bullet wound. The investigators are still trying to figure out where it came from, but they believe it may have originated in this thread. Thanks a lot, jerks. Now where am I gonna get a new JTE? :(

OH NOES I MISSED THE JOKE :'(

The player abilities are fully functioning despite the new character editing perameters available, though they no longer flash when super and I haven't gotten around to making Shadow's entire body golden rather then just his spike line thingys.

JTEBots are fixed as well, after several hours of work making them take up regular player slots rather then having their own array... Thus, they're currently on the scoreboard, keep people from joining if you add too many, and for some reason they always insist on respawning at the normal player spawnpoints despite spawning behind you normally when you first add them... Until I can get them to NOT use the normal spawnpoints in co-op, I won't try making them work well in other game modes, sorry.

Its like a plauge that never ends....
And so SRB2JTE returns...
But what horrors will it bring with it?
And I BETTER get my Evil Pie this time damnit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back