• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Srb2 - Srb2k6regenerated mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for being impatient, but could you show us some Soleanna screenshots with people in them? I'm really anxious to see it. :3

I'm sorry you guys. I haven't been working on Soleanna for like 4 days. I'm like really busy. I don't have enough free time like I used to. The only time I get to work on Srb2 stuff is Wednesday, and Sunday once I get home from church. So I really don't have alot of time to work. =(

Well, it uses those big egg containers from the nights stages. It was socced to make it give you a shield when you break it open.

This looks like its coming along nicely. Do have any plans to put in a solaris boss fight?

This looks like its coming along nicely. Do have any plans to put in a solaris boss fight?

No. He mentioned that this mod was just about sonic, tails, and knuckles in the 06 setting attempting to foil Eggman's evil deeds.

There is a silver boss fight though.

Actually I hope to release a beta once I finish a required mission level (mission 1) and edit Soleanna Castle Town for continuing onward to Dusty Desert which shouldn't take long. Oh, and replace/add some sprites and add some cutscenes. Hopefully, once I release this I can actually get some more replies and comments for this mod because I see this topic is dying without interest. This would have some rapid progress if my teachers stop giving me homework WASTING my precious time.

Your mod is sooooo cool. Dont let it die.
By the way. how about making the levels Sonic Adventure type. And thus adding homing attack to Sonic.

in a distant future, will you port it to 2.0.x?

Your mod is sooooo cool. Dont let it die.
By the way. how about making the levels Sonic Adventure type. And thus adding homing attack to Sonic.

My only comment to these posts is that this mod is for 2.0. Thus, it doesn't have to be ported to 2.0, and Homing Attack doesn't work perfectly. Plus, it would replace Sonic's thok ability. Also, Adventure Mode isn't supported anymore.

and Homing Attack doesn't work perfectly. Plus, it would replace Sonic's thok ability.
Homing Attack is basically a thok that aims at near objects whenever possible. It has always replaced thok and always will, and actually, nothing is lost by replacing it with Homing.

The homing attack is a versatility and badnik killing technique, whereas the thok is a speed and agility technique. They are two different abilities, and I don't think anyone can factually state that one is ultimately better than the other.

Well, a character with homing attack just thoks normally when there's no enemy around, so it's more or less an upgraded thok. The only time where this might be actually a bad thing is speed running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back