SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SRB2 Riders (srb2riders.exe)

Alright, I am seriously sick of this. There is no fucking excuse not to use the EXE. I am seriously tired of all you fucking idiots who seem to think that you can completely ignore my contribution to this project. After all, that's the reason I quit. And just to get through to you dopes, here's a list of benefits of using the EXE:

More Riders-like gameplay
A proper air system
You don't like people thokking like crazy? Well they CAN'T in the EXE!
It's just a myth, people are JUST AS LIKELY to join a proper EXE game
I won't barge into your netgame and be the annoying ass that I become
The HUD isn't fucked up
You aren't completely disrespecting me

And yaknow what? I might start helping out a bit if you people start using the EXE. But since I KNOW that'll never happen, I'll just sit out.

I agree with Draykon. There is absolutely no excuse for not using the EXE mod for the reasons he listed.

Also if you're into downloading SRB2 EXE mods then why the hell don't you have the nessesary DLLs lying around?

Do you want to know how I found DLL-Files.com and got the DLLs when SRB2riders.exe came out? I searched for fmod.dll on www.just****inggoogleit.com. It's not hard

Do you know why I don't use the EXE? Because the menus are screwed up and because you removed the things that make Sonic/SRB2 special.

1) Single player.
2) Accelerating.
3) Strafing.
4) Midair abilities. (Just remive it off of default Sonic.)
5) Platfoming.

How are the menus screwed up?

1) Single player isn't removed, you clearly didn't notice Time Attack.
2) Jman Kart uses acceleration, and it has fucked up turning. Do you want fucked up turning?
3) What? You can't wait for one little bugfix?
4) How would that be usefull again? Need I remind you you move faster when uberrunning than when thokking.
5) In a high speed racing mod? Damn your expectations are screwed up.

We're still trying to get Single Player to work, although it might just get removed.

I also wanted accelerating, and if I find out how, I'll add it in. The runspeed will be 99 until you get 1 ring, and the speed will be around 70. Autowalking might be a bit tricky to do. If that doesn't work, we'll just stick with the uber run. I like it, but everybody else doesn't.

Using the Strafe keys is only because of the uber run. And think about it. Could you ever use such a thing in an actual racing game?

Screw midair abilities. Screw the use of srb2win.exe

That would only make the uber run much harder.

As for the final Riders level, I just want to first make an SOC of a turret that doesn't home in on you, and that only shoots straight continuously. Then I'll just wait for 1.09.4a to code in and release a new riders exe that will have the speed, flying, and power abilities, and a couple of other stuff in.

Oh yeah, you know i've helped with the sprites and stuff and i'm in the credits (i think) well, when you next update, could you put
Light Dasher - Kieran J.

Draykon said:
How are the menus screwed up?

1) Single player isn't removed, you clearly didn't notice Time Attack.
2) Jman Kart uses acceleration, and it has **** up turning. Do you want **** up turning?
3) What? You can't wait for one little bugfix?
4) How would that be usefull again? Need I remind you you move faster when uberrunning than when thokking.
5) In a high speed racing mod? Damn your expectations are screwed up.

Quit Time attack and flip through the menus in software. Also, quit the menu to the title screen. You should see what I mean.

1) Time attack forces you to be Sonic. I don't see that as "SinglePlayer."
3) I didn't realise that was a bug. I thought you took strafe out intentionally.
4) GAH!! Why don't you understand that it isn't about thokfests? Thoks are about inertia. And I meant things like Senku's hover, Knux's climbing, and Tails's fly. Not for the riders characters, but you could bring back ability support for everybody else? And rolling plzthx.
5) It's really hard to play the MR when sonic can't stop to use platforms.

1) Also a bug. Although I disagree with your reasoning.
4) Well inertia isn't much of a problem now is it? Also, boosting reuses the spindash variables, so to bring back spindash, we'd need to rewrite boosting. Besides, why should other characters be supported?
5) Um, why exactly are you playing Mystic Realm in Riders?

Because I can. And the platforming would be easier if I didn't shoot off every time I jump.

So wait, the boost value isn't hardcoded for all? So I can still customize characters? Tutorial for Riders Character S-skin custimazation, plzthx.

Sonic is green because sprites are supposed to be green so they can change color. If it bothers you so much, use color blue in the console.

hi

about the srb2 riders how do you make the air tank show cause in single player nothing shows in network nothing anywhere nothing :/

Use the EXE. Memorise the error message. Read my sig. Click the link. Download the DLL the error message tells you you don't have. Repeat once. Profit. Fun. Boredom. Move along.

I have an idea to get people to use the EXE:
Change the names of the NODES in XWE. Then just have the EXE read the nodes by a different name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back