SRB2 Metal Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
In SRB2 Halloween, there was a sector near the beginning that had a bunch of rings forming Sonic's name. This secret could only be seen in level editors like doom builder and the sector had the ceiling and floor at the same height. I was wondering if this secret was suppose to be accessable at any time and if the linedef leading into it used Doom's Door action.

I'm pretty sure it was accessible, but I forget the conditions for triggering. I'm thinking possibly in that secret passage above the graveyard, but I'm not certain.

BTW, Sonikku made "Sonic's Nightmare".

Thank you.

EDIT: I just went through the Halloween Tech Demo and the trigger was not in the secret passage. However the trigger was in the fence maze. With this info I can make the port even more accurate.

Last edited:
I also found this inside the srb2.srb
egginator.png

I don't know what this is for, maybe a scrapped/unfinished image for the credits or just for a joke?

This image makes it look like metal should be an unlockable character........can that work?(BTW im new so.......hi)

Last edited:
Metal Sonic for an SRB2 Boss? Sounds awesome, Yet I don't see where he would fit in the SRB2 Story Line..

Story? We need a REASON to have Metal Sonic be the boss of a stage?

No, Although it would be better off.. Or you can make Metal Sonic be a Randomly Appearing Character from out of nowhere..

Last edited:
I don't see how we can make a fun Metal Sonic boss, considering how basic and boring the bosses we have so far are.
It would probably take plenty of coding.

Sorry about bumping but doomship zone could be like that level after that sky level in Sonic 2.Would metal be hard to soc?

You mean Wing Fortress Zone? Oh please god no, that level was annoying as hell. And besides, the original concept of DoomShip Zone was a spaceship that's pretty high up in space already so you shouldn't be able to see clouds anymore.

Actually, you're wrong on that. Doomship is basically Wing Fortress in terms of flavor. Think kinda like Sky Deck in SA mixed with Wing Fortress and Flying Battery and that's sorta the design goal, if it ever gets made.

I don't know about you, but if I was designing the themes for this game. I would try to vary the themes used. If SRB2 kept the space motif for Doomship/Grand Eggship/whatever it is now + Eggrock. Then the space theme with low gravity and what not would have outstayed its welcome.
As it stands. I'm welcoming the idea of an air base themed zone, I had hoped the Doomship would turn into this somewhere in production, because, well, it's a theme with a lot of potential to be used in creative ways (e.g., rushing winds to carry you along/threaten to push you off of the ship itself, that kind of thing). So, it's all good to me.

Well, we may just use this =P: http://dszone.rangerwiki.com/music/mid/Extra/Fangames/Sonic%20Emerald%20Quest/Old/TheGrandEggship.mid

However, I will note that you mainly associate the Doomship music with space because I used it for an old space-themed match level, not because it was originally intended to be used in a space level. Heck, for quite a while the DSZ theme was associated with AGZ-themed stages because that's what it was being used for.

The NAME of the zone is Grand Eggship Zone, anyhow. Doomship shares an abbreviation with Deep Sea Zone, something we'd rather avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back