SRB2 for Dreamcast Beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason the Echidna said:
Shuffle's bad with scissors.

Hey, the back being short wasn't my fault, the picture just isn't long enough.

Besides, I didn't use scissors, I used an exacto knife. >_>

(sorry for teh double post)
Oh yeah, it seems you can't get all 7 chaos emeralds.. when I get a fourth one, my first one dissapears and I end up with three again. O_o

No, I failed on the fifth one and the game crashed on THZ2 before I could try for another fifth or for the sixth.

Crashed from too much stuff being on the screen, I suppose..

The music doesn't add for me, where exactly are you supposed to put it? O_o

How do you burn this with Selfboot? I tried it with both CdRecord and Nero on Selfboot but neither work. I even tried tried updating my ASPI as it says in the guide i'm using but it still won't work.

It seems that it does keep the fourth emerald, but it doesn't actually SHOW it..

I'm still waiting for somone to tell me how to get music working. I enabled it, but it can't find it for some reason, am I supposed to name it something other than music_dc.dta?

Well, I decided to try and get SASRB2 to load through SRB2DC.

My first attempt was a wad "merge". I merged sa-srb2.wad into srb2.srb and edited srb2's MAINCFG accordingly.

This didn't work out as I had planned; for some reason, "merging" the wads like this didn't actually do anything. All of SRB2's maps, textures, etc. remained the same (it must copy the data over which doesn't already exist...). However, the MAINCFG changes took ahold and the game was playable in Adventure Mode, albiet with a screwed up HUD.

from there, I simply took the other route: I copied and pasted the entire contents of sa-srb2.wad into srb2.srb.

The game loaded, got to the titlescreen, and froze. D'oh.

I do have a suggestion, though; couple of them, actually.

- Is it possible to get SRB2 not to freeze when loading a resource?

- If so, do you guys think it would be possible to make the game "precache" an objects sound effect when it is close to Sonic, so that they load gracefully without freezing up the game to do so?

Can someone make me an Image (or so)from Beta4 (newest) with music and co.? that i can downloaded and Burn? :oops:
I cant make Imgeses (or so). :(

Thanks. :wink:

Walter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back