SRB2 Doom Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feature Request!

An option that iterates through all of the sectors, finds ones that have perfectly identical properties, and merges them.

Or can you already do that?

it already has that. And from my own request, at that! However, it sort of makes optimizers like myself a tad useless.

SSNTails said:
Feature Request!

An option that iterates through all of the sectors, finds ones that have perfectly identical properties, and merges them.

Or can you already do that?
I've spoken with Prime_2 about this in the past, and he pointed out that it could cause considerable problems if certain sectors are merged, e.g. speed pads. As a compromise, the latest build will find and select a set of identical sectors, which you can then merge manually fairly easily if desired (Ctrl+J, if memory serves). A small problem arises if you don't want to merge a particular set of sectors, as the algorithm for finding such sets will continue to select those ones you're not interested in. This may well be fixed at some point. For now, the option's in the Sectors menu.

Oogaland said:
I've spoken with Prime_2 about this in the past, and he pointed out that it could cause considerable problems if certain sectors are merged, e.g. speed pads.

?? How? Have it also compare the sector tag and sector special.

SSNTails said:
?? How? Have it also compare the sector tag and sector special.
Something to do with teleporting to the centre of the sector, I think; I haven't tried it myself, though. The current version does check tags and specials. Please see my earlier PM for more on the topic.

Idea. A FOF/FOFOF/ect. preview. Those setups are hard to comprehend (maybe the sonic sprite in the corner to act like a hight/width/length scale).

A bug in SRB2builder

Hi, Oogaland

Here is a bug that will close down doombuilder.

How to:

1) Select a linedef to split
2) Split it
3) Left click one of the linedef's that you just clicked.

BOOM!!

srb2buildererror3xb.png

When I start SRB2builder up again, it loses track of how the window was shaped. EX it was in a corner and the window was small instead of Maximized. (How I have it). I also needed to click on the taskbar to put it up on screen because it would show the loading dialog and then have an item minimized on the taskbar.

Regards,

Sonict

I have been having this problem. I do not know what it means.
A wad file was not found or not valid.

supershadow2 said:
Idea. A FOF/FOFOF/ect. preview. Those setups are hard to comprehend (maybe the sonic sprite in the corner to act like a hight/width/length scale).

Suggestion: howw bout an easier method of Creating FOF's, cause the FOF, screen that i see, is like a bit complicated for me...

1-Up said:
I have been having this problem. I do not know what it means.
A wad file was not found or not valid.

Is this in SRB2? SRB2 doesn't support spaces in wad names. ._.

r13

r13: http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/s0569864/builder_srb2-r13.zip

I hadn't planned on releasing a new build this soon, but Sonict's bug above is nasty. I actually fixed it a while ago, although I hadn't realised that the selection problems could lead to a crash. Anyway, here's what's new:

Code:
+ Different colour for axes.
! Autosave routine ran even if map not changed.
+ Copy/paste textures and flats on FOFs in 3D mode.
! Selections behaved incorrectly after splitting linedefs.
+ WA-esque 'convert sector to stairs' option, with support for incrementing
  heights elliptically.
+ Defaults can be changed from the Map Options dialogue.
+ Facility to insert FOF in 3D mode without invoking the dialogue.
+ Shortcut keys for FOF quick-insert and stair conversion.
+ Made identical-sector-finding a little more useful: repeating (eventually)
  finds a different set.
+ Switch Map option.
+ Circles are drawn around NiGHTS axes. Turn on 'Outline all Things in Things
  Mode' to see them. It makes things look a little messy, though.
+ A little more work on Convert to Stairs.
+ Multi-key search in the texture browser.
! Fixed some Convert to Stairs weirdness.

Same rules as usual: don't overwrite FOFPresets.cfg and ColourSchemes.cfg if you want to keep your preferences. Also, this is still an alpha, so turn autosave on and keep backups.

Not so much new, this time, considering how long it's been; as I mentioned earlier, I'm busy with other things at the moment. Also, most of what is new is self-explanatory, or will become obvious if you mess around with it. Convert to Stairs is somewhat limited, currently.

I realise that there are several reported bugs that haven't been fixed yet. I haven't forgotten them; I'm simply releasing this build as a fix for the aforementioned crash.

1-Up: As well as heeding the advice you've already received, make sure the testing options are set correctly in the Configuration dialogue box.

Flame: A revamp of the FOF editor is on my list of Things to Do, although I can't immediately think of a way to make it simpler without compromising its usefulness. Any suggestions on the matter would be appreciated. :)

OMG i found an error

it seems that some are the gridlines arent Showing, or is that displaying the Orgin?

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
OMG i found an error

it seems that some are the gridlines arent Showing, or is that displaying the Orgin?

Yup. Those lines show the origin, and are always displayed, regardless of how far zoomed out you are. To see all the gridlines, zoom in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back