SRB2 Chaos Twilight V2b Released! (Page 15 news)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I'm not banned anymore, I can say this: Behind one of the bustable walls in Icy City Act 1 are walls that are the texture AFALL1. I think you must have accidentally put them there. Also the lamp posts that I mentioned that were pushable in Act 2 are still like that.

Monster Iestyn said:
Behind one of the bustable walls in Icy City Act 1 are walls that are the texture AFALL1. I think you must have accidentally put them there.

lol I saw that too; I just forgot to tell you.

Gemini Spark said:
Monster Iestyn said:
Behind one of the bustable walls in Icy City Act 1 are walls that are the texture AFALL1. I think you must have accidentally put them there.

lol I saw that too; I just forgot to tell you.

I forgot to mention them as well when I was beta testing Beta 4. I was going to mention them earlier, but of course, I was banned just before I was going to... It was annoying to have been banned, but I didn't try to ban evade despite the fact I had things to share with the rest of this forum (as well as keeping it alive!).

How many zones are you planning to have altogether by the Full version, Hyperknux?

As well as zones concerned, I'm hoping to get at least 7 zones completed, and 2 extra stages for Sonic. I'm also working on some other unlockables, and other extras to add to the mod soon.

As well as Icy City Zone act 1's acid texture bug, could you show me a screenie so that I could fix it?, thanks.

Gemini Spark said:
BTW, I think that sky panel in Mineral Valley 2 is just an issue in OpenGL.

No that was a texture glitch. I forgot to put a flat for the ceiling right near the end. That was fixed a while ago before this beta came out.

So what does this mean? Are you going to fix Metal Base and replace some of the other multis with better maps?

Depends what other maps I have. I'd like to start making some more soon. Although I haven't got round to it. I may edit Metal Base if I have enough spare time around, though it may not be much.

Here's the screenie for the ICZ1 bug:
srb20075.png

I've also noticed another that I also forgot to mention;one of the slippery platforms near the start has got the snow texture instead of the ice one. Here's a screen of it:
srb20074.png

AAAAAAH! U HAVE A CRAWLA COMMANDER RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!

XDwha?

Oh, and haven't you heard the latest? Snow is slippery nowadays. *B>D

No, snow has a fake floor above it and either normal or slightly above average friction. Ice is slippery

Monster Iestyn said:
Here's the screenie for the ICZ1 bug:
srb20075.png

I've also noticed another that I also forgot to mention;one of the slippery platforms near the start has got the snow texture instead of the ice one. Here's a screen of it:
srb20074.png

Ah thanks for pointing that out, I'll fix that right away. And also I didn't notice about the flat, thanks for that as well.

I also now renamed world 5's name to Metal Mechanism. It was going to be Metallic mechanism, but not all the level header shows on the screen because it's quite long. Credit to Chaos for that idea.

Oh? Cool.

Be sure to add something like zoom tube pipes and some switches. (if you want to be in the THZ theme)

Chaos said:
Oh? Cool.

Be sure to add something like zoom tube pipes and some switches. (if you want to be in the THZ theme)

I'm kind off planning doing that (well switches I've done). I've done about 30% of the first stage, and learnt about rising water, and other lindef combinations. Act 1 is mainly getting through one factory, and being outside. The 2nd act might involve a bit more factory like theme than outside especially When thinking about adding the 5th emerald in as well. The world is all about gimmicks, so I can see and make as many as possible :P

Oh.

Are there Zone transitions in this mod? If not, add them, like a tunnel leading to a factory, a whole that sends you somewhere, ect. If you want Mineral Valley's water clear, can't you use a very light-grey colormap for it?

I'll think about the colormaps. I might a bit of some color once I find the colormap code in photoshop which is where I get most of them.

I'll do something with the Zoom tubes. I just got to get SRB2DB working since it says error can't find srb2.wad which is annoying which that wad is already set as an IWAD & on desktop.

Yeah, I missed out the water sounds. They are going to be added, as well as some edits, and such. I finally got SRB2DB working, now I'll be using that for the rest of my project.

You know what, if this were Mystic Realm-esque, SonicMaster's new level could be an emerald stage. But since this isn't, I'll just leave you to think about that concept when SonicMaster *hopefully* releases it in the OLDC. Let me know when Beta 5 comes out; until then, I will look for more goodies in this Beta.

Um, Poison Prison Zone is not playable in coop and race. Only single player. I may place Player 2-32 Starts in a death pit to further reinforce this. The Tails-Knux-only route would become accessible as Sonic in a netgame and vice versa. Only one person could even use some of the teleports (I used Trigger Once) making everyone else stuck. The rush against the rising acid would also not reset if you died. In 1P, it does reset, but not in coop/race.

I don't want PPZ to be in Chaos Twilight anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back