SRB2 Chaos Twilight V2b Released! (Page 15 news)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Eh, Sand Kingdom didn't come out very well. Arid Ruins Zone Act 2 and Golden Sands Zone are still the best single-player sand stages.

Well that's your opinion. Personally, I think Golden Sands is a bit cramped in some inside places. Don't get me wrong, it's a good desert stage, and I haven't played Arid Ruins act 2 in whichever mod that is. Any improvements needed, and vice versa? After all, we need more desert themed stages.

Arid Ruins Zone Act 2 was meant for Blue Heaven, but it hasn't been added yet. It was a SeptOct07 OLDC stage. I thought it was LOADS better than the dull, confusing Act 1.

Just wanted to bring this to your attention for your next release:

srb20008ys8.png

?

I finished my comments... they're on the page before this one now. The mod is starting to really take shape. I've got a couple of tips for you there, Hyperknux, so go take a look! I didn't have much to say since nothing much was changed. Anyway, it's still interesting.

Thanks for the feedback Gemeni Spark. It would of been easier if I saw the feedback on the lastest post rather than scrolling down pages to find it.

Anyways, Metal Mechanism act 3 is meant to be pretty big, and it's not as big as it actually looks. The Boss stage is satying as that.

I can sort out about the certain platforms in Sand Kingdom Zone. A blue petal gives a hint about a rare item, not saying the rest. I No Climbed most things in the bigger areas so the Knuckles players couldn't cheat by climbing up the walls. But yeah, thanks for feedback.

Yeah, well I decided that I should give my comments on one post rather than more than one post. This is so I don't risk my comments being on multiple pages; that would be much worse.

Gemini Spark said:
Yeah, well I decided that I should give my comments on one post rather than more than one post. This is so I don't risk my comments being on multiple pages; that would be much worse.

Or only feedback what had been updated.

I have started to revamp Green Peaks act 1 as I have completed Galaxy Fortress act 1. I have at least 10% of it done. It's not going to be huge, but it will be a fair size as it's the first level in the mod. Here is screens for now. Do note that a next release will not be for a while yet, but excpect small updates.

http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=srb20002ez6.png

The start. The wall isn't going to be that big by the time it's finished.

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=srb20004cw6.png

The 2nd part which will be the main path after the first waterfall.

Hyperknux said:
I have started to revamp Green Peaks act 1 as I have completed Galaxy Fortress act 1. I have at least 10% of it done. It's not going to be huge, but it will be a fair size as it's the first level in the mod. Here is screens for now. Do note that a next release will not be for a while yet, but excpect small updates.

\/\/00+! So is it ready for download?

Angelus_the_echidna said:
Hyperknux said:

\/\/00+! So is it ready for download?

No, it's an small topic update. I won't be releasing version 1 for a while yet. Due to the fact that I just finished act 1 of Galaxy Fortress act 1, I still got 2 more acts, and 2 seperate secret acts to do yet. Remember, updates are something about the mod is in, but not released yet, the announcement is the mighty word which means a new release.

Found the emerald! Ooooooo... puuuurpel. And it's hidden behind a place few people would expect. I have promised to keep the place a secret, so don't ask me.

Hmm, how should I say this. I really liked the whole thing up until the place after Mineral valley zone. The levels just started getting more and more cramped after that. More than often I would find myself rushing to get the level over with, instead of enjoying it thoroughly like I do with most good levels I play. Don't get me wrong, a lot of parts looked really nice, and the scenery was great at certain points, but the flow was just....crooked.

I know this has been out for a long time, But I only just got back into SRB2... I might start makinmg levels again, As I always rushed them, They'll be Match levels OfC...

Anyway, enough about me, your Mod...

Well.. I have to say, I'm impressed, and although none of you know me yet, it's hard to impress me.

Yea, the levels are Awesome But I'll point out a few things that I noticed.

1) There was a Statue in the center of 4 flowers, what it that used for?

2) similar to 1), I noticed a Mystic Realm Temple type sector in Act 2, Are you planning anything Special for these?

3) on Zone 2 Boss... Never let Eggman into the Water, Can be a ****er to defet him when you do >_< (From Experience)

Thanks for feedback both Ice & redwolf. Yes, some parts such as Magma Cavern isn't completely done, and I'm doing a bit of stuff at the moment to try and make it look better. And also Because of the issue of the 2nd boss getting stuck in the pits, I may just make it a normal floor which should be a bit more fair for the rest of the other players without getting killed attempting to hit Eggman.

Also Redwolf, about questions 1 & 2, could you say the stage, so I know which parts you're on about? thanks

Both in Greenpeaks, the 1st one (Statue) is near the start behind a huge breakable wall...

The Mystic Realm Type thing is Behind a Waterfall in Act 2

If you still don't know what I'm talking about, I'll post Screenshots after I get home from College today.

It's most likely to be either a secret, or a piece of scenery. Have a look, something may be there =P.

Well, I'm going to be starting Galaxy Fortress act 2 soon. I just finished a basic match/tag wad, which is Sky garden if anyone hasn't seen it already, may go into Version 1 when it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back