srb2 better than any other sonic game made by sega?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB2 wipes the floor with most of the newer sonic games. If it could suport inclines and loops ect. It would be the best. With the ability to add (if its done right) highly intreging MD2 models. Making for a much better looking game.

This for instance...

UPDATED New sonic model In the md2 fourm.[/url]

On the topic in general, all I have to say on the matter is that SRB2 has a different set of production goals than most Sonic games on the market today. As to whether SRB2 is "better" or not simply comes down to what the game means to you. To me, it's not a Sonic game, but a platformer with some stunning custom map support. No commercial Sonic game will ever be that for me, so I can't compare them.

Autosaver said:
Chrome said:
And extremely limited.

Extremely....heh fit me.Did you click advanced mode where more features are there?

Well anyways it was really fun,no need to loearn to make "teleporters" or how to even make a sector. :O
SRB2 is amazing simply because you can edit all of the values to an exact degree. I haven't played Timesplitters, but I know that Halo's map editing is rather imprecise, which means there's a significant amount of time and coordination needed to place a simple object. In a proper map editor, snapping to grip makes things simpler in the long run, though the learning curve is a bit steeper.

:SonicMaster: said:
Search results found 930 matches. Since I am not in that usergroup, this is the number of posts she has made outside HDIJ.
I rarely post in HDIJ. Also, I'm not a girl. :/

W.A.C. said:
Luminous said:
Being a Sonic fan won't make me seem any more "stupid" because I don't like SRB2.

If you don't like SRB2, why do you have 1,277 posts here? o_O
My main forum is Video Game Discussion and General Discussion.

Chaos Knux said:
HDiJ, it's odd like that.
See above.

Honestly, without editing, I would've never played SRB2.

SRB2 1.1 > Genesis games > Sonic Adventure/Heroes/Unleashed > Sonic Rush/2006

What? I have no doubt in my mind that 1.1 will be better than Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

:SonicMaster: said:
SRB2 > Old Sonic games
What? I have no doubt in my mind that 1.1 will be better than Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
QFT
Because comon, 9 levels with awesome "collect XXX rings within XXX seconds" special stages, awesome multiplayer games with alot of multiplayer modes plus ONLINE feature, with great extras to unlock, alongside a fantastic 3D renderer, plus a way to create stages, characters and SOCs.
While Sonic 3 & Knuckles, it's just 3 characters, 14 levels, with 14 crappy "grab all blue spheres and avoid red ones while going through at an almost impossible to control speed" special stages, alongside a not so good multiplayer mode and some useless bonus stages.

I think that 1.09.4 already beated S3&K, but 1.1 will completely rule upon the Sonic games... for now...

Brown the dog said:
I think that 1.09.4 already beated S3&K, but 1.1 will completely rule upon the Sonic games... for now...
Personally, the SRB2 levels and unlockables are horrible. If it weren't for customization, it'd be below every Sonic game.

My Opinion:

SRB2 is basically, all the good parts of the 2D and 3D games put together. It's a 3D game with the fun of SEGA's 2D Classics. Customizability also givesa it extra pow even when you're bored of the other things, and Online Play makes the finishing touch EVEN BETTER.

So, as Level 7 of Sonic Rush says, "This is what U need".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back