srb2 better than any other sonic game made by sega?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PoisonUnagi said:
SRB2 is the best Sonic game that a large amount of people play these days. People instantly give new Soninc games either 10/10 or 0/10 in general, and both votes are stupid. The games are alright, but nothing special. SRB2 has gotten under 5/10 by only idiots and newbies who can't speak properly. It obviously deserves more attention than this, being a fully editable, decently long game. And length is actually why alot of people (including me and my brother) don't like the new games coming out, and that's not just for Sonic.

Overall, yeah, SRB2 is better than the SEGA Sonic games.

I thought common practice was to assume all official games are mediocre and all fangames are flawless...

In comparing a fangame to a released game, there are certain things to point out. (SRB2 and Unleashed will be used as examples)

--Different Focuses
---->SRB2 focuses on general 3d platforming and an FPS-derived multiplayer
---->Unleashed focuses on speedbased platforming, with an alternate version that offers both more platforming and more combat

--Different Capabilities
---->SRB2 uses sectors as a basis for all 3d rendering, slopes and dynamic moving platforms are normally impossible
---->Unleashed provides emphasis on lighting for visuals, and must generally limit itself to performance

--Different Goals
---->SRB2 tries to take Sonic back to simple and enjoyable gameplay
---->Unleashed *and most Sonic games* tries to provide a new twist on the gameplay generally expected

--Different Producers
---->SRB2 is made by Sonic fans in their free time without being paid and with limitations on resources
---->Unleashed was made by an established video game company, whose individuals' profession is to make games.

-------------
In other words, before I can judge which I like better, I have to keep in mind the core differences between it and a released game. I will also not say whether or not one game is "better" than the other, because, with the exception of cases like Sonic 2K6 or Cave Story which are clearly extensively poor or well-done (respectively), you cannot really compare games with substantial differences. (like between games of differend genres/subgenres)

SRB2's moddability adds greatly to its longevity, but Unleashed has some platforming instances that are fun to come back to that I wouldn't dream of trying to fit into SRB2.
With the distinction between the two established, moddability tends to win me out in the end over arcade style "replay for fun to get better score/time", so my preference is to SRB2.

It's better than MOST of the 3d games, (I don't want to compare it to adventure 1 because that's older and still fun and difficult to compare) Srb2 is better than any of the other 3d games, including unleashed. Why? The story. "Wait srb2's story is so primitive!" Yeah? The way it should be, you make your own story which is 5000x more epic. Oh and classic hedgehog, not green eyed long freak, with corny voice acting and a lack of manliness. Just go watch AOSTH and see the awesomeness.

I mean does anyone really think that the new sonic the hedgehog is cool? Well, anyone who was not born when sega genesis came out I'm sure would think so. So yeah, the mature audience despises the new sonic. (However they did it right in sonic adventure 1, not so much adventure 2 but I'm not sure)

I've honestly played the srb2 demo more than any of the sonic 3d games (not adventure 1)
'
So yeah, srb2 basically owns, whether or not without wads. I actually hate the character wads, they just add useless recolors/new useless characters.

PoisonUnagi said:
SRB2 is the best Sonic game that a large amount of people play these days. People instantly give new Soninc games either 10/10 or 0/10 in general, and both votes are stupid. The games are alright, but nothing special. SRB2 has gotten under 5/10 by only idiots and newbies who can't speak properly. It obviously deserves more attention than this, being a fully editable, decently long game. And length is actually why alot of people (including me and my brother) don't like the new games coming out, and that's not just for Sonic.

So, because I don't like SRB2, I'm a newbie or an idiot?

Luminous said:
PoisonUnagi said:

So, because I don't like SRB2, I'm a newbie or an idiot?
If your a sonic fan, I guess :D

I like SRB2 better than most of the 3D Sonic games. Once the game is actually finished, I'll probably like it even more. It's kind of hard to compare a demo where we can only play less than a third of the game to a finished product.

W.A.C. said:
Luminous said:
Being a Sonic fan won't make me seem any more "stupid" because I don't like SRB2.

If you don't like SRB2, why do you have 1,277 posts here? o_O

Just a notice but, just because you don’t like Srb2 doesn’t mean you hate the community. The community talks about other things instead of just SRB2.

Well srb2 is okay I guess, but I don't agree its better then any sega game ever made, I mean it wasn't that much of a fun fangame when I played it(but maybe its just my taste in video games I guess), but I've played better sega games than srb2.

:SonicMaster: said:
Search results found 930 matches. Since I am not in that usergroup, this is the number of posts she has made outside HDIJ.

HE -_-

Also....IMO this is better then some of Segas games but not all.
The replayabilty for me is dying,I would enjoy it more if the level editors were as simple as TimeSplitters 3.

7/10 = Srb2

Chrome said:
And extremely limited.

Extremely....heh fit me.Did you click advanced mode where more features are there?

Well anyways it was really fun,no need to loearn to make "teleporters" or how to even make a sector. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back