Spaceman2028's Garage of Infernal Contraptions

Spaceman2028's Garage of Infernal Contraptions Version 23

Spaceman2028 submitted a new resource:

spaceman's_garage_of_infernal_contraptions.characterpack - Where the quality of the character sprites is lower than your usual expectations.

Featuring characters that I'm surprised didn't get made for kart yet, as well as a few surprise additions of my own. Enjoy these lower quality sprites:

ENTRY_001: Alice Cartlet
The British exchange student continues her exploration of western sports by crafting her own custom kart and entering the races!

This was the first character I made for SRB2kart, and it shows in her sprites. The kart looks alright but something about the way Alice herself looks leaves a bit to be desired...

Read more about this resource...

Spaceman2028 updated spaceman's_garage_of_infernal_contraptions.characterpack with a new update entry:

Wave 2 Commencing.

Glossing over the archive of low-grade files once more, you notice entries that weren't there before...

Update 2:
-Changed Aya's stats so that she's not a carbon-copy of Metal Sonic anymore.
-Aya's childhood friends, Yoko Inokuma and Shinobu Oomiya, have arrived! Now Aya and Alice won't be so lonely on the track~ They're not alone, though-this update also sees the arrival of the pack's second Gochiusa character, Rize Tedeza, and another bonus character.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Spaceman2028 updated spaceman's_garage_of_infernal_contraptions.characterpack with a new update entry:

Wave 3 commencing.

Happy late easter! We're going to celebrate with a Gochiusa-themed update.

Changelog:
~Changed Miyuki's stats to 3 speed, 5 weight to make her more competitive. I also made her hair longer because it didn't look right.
~Added Cocoa Hoto, Jouga Maya, and Megumi Natsu to the roster! Credit to Leonguy for the MKWii Standard Bike template.
~I feel the need for warn you that this latest bonus character is by far the most ridiculous looking thing that I have created for Kart as of the current time.

Wave 4 Commencing.

Get ready for a blast from the past! Something blonde this way comes, and a feline friend from an old kart racing classic shakes the scene once more!

Changelog:
~Fixed Megu not having any Spinout frames.
~Added 3 very popular blonde-haired girls: Karen Kujo, Syaro Kirima and Kaho Hinata.
~For those of you who needed to satiate a little more of that Crash Bandicoot itch, Tiny Tiger is here at last.

Wave 5 commencing.

Hello again! Here comes another update. This will probably be the last one for a little while, as I need to wait for more sound rips from Kirara Fantasia, and I don't feel the need to spend all of my time making poor-quality characters.

Changelog:
~Added Chiya Ujimatsu, Honoka Matsubara, Isami Oomiya and Rika Furude to the roster, bringing the character count up to a respectable 20 characters! This completes the first of what could be multiple "volumes" of characters.
~Whoops! Seems that...

Custom Engine Sounds Update

Hello again everyone! For the past few days, I've been working on a neat little update that gives each of my characters a unique engine sound for their respective karts. The original, lua-less version of the character pack will still be available to download, in case you wish to play Record Attack mode with my characters.

Enjoy!

Spaceman2028 updated Spaceman2028's Garage of Infernal Contraptions with a new update entry:

Version 6: Red like Roses Kills me, Baby!

Spaceman2028's Garage of Infernal Contraptions returns with the first 4 characters of a new wave and some quality-of-life improvements for the existing one!

Changelog:
Added Sakura Karasuma, Kamuri Sengoku, Sonya and Ruby Rose
Fixed Shinobu, Yoko, Karen, Chiya, Kaho and Miyuki's goalpost sprites not quite lining up with the goal post. It was inconsistent with everyone else's goalpost sprites.
Fixed the Saleen S7 kart's front and back sprites being too W I D E. It kind of looked off.
Fixed...

To be frank, these sprites could use alot of work on it, thats all

Last edited:
Spaceman2028 updated Spaceman2028's Garage of Infernal Contraptions with a new update entry:

Version 7: Maya Upgrade and Minami Iwasaki

Part 1 of the October 2022 update for Spaceman2028's Garage of Infernal Contraptions is now live!

Added Akari Kuzehashi, Enami Kiyose, Yasuna Oribe, and Minami Iwasaki
Added two new bonus kart templates: the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 and the Porsche Cayenne
Jouga Maya got something of a makeover as I found myself unsatisfied with how janky and unpolished she came out looking. She's traded in her Slugger for a completely new kart.
Yoko, Shinobu, and Chino's icons got some minor polish

Just...

Version Ate

Whoops! Seems I accidentally made the original name for this update a little transphobic. Sorry about that, I wasn't trying to be offensive.

Anyways, part 2 of the October update should be live now.

Changelog:
~Added a content advisory warning (ala Meta Hedge's Creepy Quillers Character Pack). Some characters, like Rika Furude, and some karts, like Kiyose's Stalker, come from source material with mature/disturbing themes.
~Added Eiko Tokura, Agiri Goshiki, Hideri Kanzaki and Asahi Koube...

Version 9: Ausgezichnet

Howdy folks! It's been a quiet holiday season thus far, Halloween just kind of came and went this year. How was yours? This thanksgiving update is all mostly centered on lesser-known characters, and if you'll note the German name of the update, features several German racing machines!

Changelog:

~Added Akizuki Koyo, Fuiba Fuyu, Wakaba Kohashi and Shuri Komori
~Fixed Miyuki and Minami's eyes not being the right color and made Miyuki's more consistent with the rest of my characters. She also...

Version 10: Merry Early Kartmas!

Happy Holidays! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Here's an early Christmas present from me~

Changelog:

~Some characters had their bios changed because I felt that they were out of date.
~Added Kana Higurashi, Kota & Mitsuki Inokuma, Natsume & Eru Jinja, and Satoko Hojo
~In preparation for my character pack's anniversary in March, Alice Cartlet and Chino Kafuu got a massive visual overhaul to make their appearance more in line with the rest of my characters! For legacy purposes, the...

Version 11

Spaceman2028's Garage of Infernal Contraptions is finally back with its first batch of characters for 2023! This particular update is themed around sisters.

Changelog:
~Added Mocoa Hoto, Yura Karede, Hina Higurashi and Yutaka Kobayakawa
~Fixed one of Kana Higurashi's eyes not displaying correctly in her minimap icon.
~Changed Alice's custom engine sound once more because I felt the one she had sounded too beefy for what she was driving.
~Changed Chino's custom engine sound because I felt it...

Natsuki's Komori-San Extravaganza

So, this update was almost delayed for an entire night due to an unexpected mishap on my part regarding what happens when you update the page for your character pack, but anyways it's time for another update.

What newcomers do we have this time? Well, in a nutshell, I've been having a thing for Komori-San lately and decided to bring her little trio of friends into SRB2Kart! Plus, I snuck in a sort of wildcard character that I've been wanting in Kart for a while.

Changelog:
~Added Megumi...

The other half of the Extravaganza

I waited a little while to upload this update since I didn't want to release it so soon after the previous one, and because I found myself unsatisfied with the bonus character that was originally going to come with it. But anyways, since I once did a race between Komori-San and Wakaba, I figured that with a Komori-San themed update on the message board I might as well return the favor and add in a Wakaba Girl themed update too.

Changelog:

~Added Moeko Tokita, Mao Kurokawa, Nao Mashiba and...

Version 14

This comes a bit late, but I finally got around to making the rest of the main characters from Slow Start.

Changelog:

~Added Hana Ichinose, Tamate Momochii, Hannen Hiroe and Yui Narumi
~Removed Yutaka Kobayakawa and Ruby Rose from the main pack as there's now much better-looking versions of both of them on the message board.
~Fixed Kamuri Sengoku, Enami Kiyose, and Eiko Tokura's eyes not being the right color.
~Fixed Yuri's hair being the wrong prefcolor.
~Fixed the individual, LUA-free...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back