SONIC X SHADOW GENERATIONS ANNOUNCED!

BDBGaming

Somehow an uncle at the age of a minor
For everyone who's been on the edge about a new game, look no further! It's finally coming! It's currently in development and EVERYTHING!

For everyone who's been on the edge about a new game, look no further! It's finally coming! It's currently in development and EVERYTHING!
It's technically not a new game, but a remaster of Generations using the Hedgehog Engine 2 lighting engine. It looks pretty cool but I'm going to wait until they give more information before deciding whether I'll just stick with the original Generations.

as much as i'd love to see shadow playable in sonic generations, i wouldn't be as hyped for it. i mean, for now it just adds a new story and a new playable character which may be interesting, but it's basically just SG other than that.

I'm actually more interest in the Shadow stuff and "new content" he will have and also what "extra content" does this remaster have (pls be more stages because the basic roster of stages are kinda shit) also hot take, I think SEGA delisting Sonic Generations is actually reasonable tbh

Of all the games they could remaster they chose the least deserving one... I like Generations but Unleashed, Rush, Riders and Storybook series games could also use PC ports. New Shadow levels and stuff look interesting though, especially because they aren't just copy-pasted levels like Forces.

I am hoping for the stages from the 3DS version to be added, but we'll see. The shadow content looks interesting tho.

Let's dissect this a bit. The Generations portion looks and plays virtually identical to the original, so it's possible it's not running under HE2 and is just running HE1. It's a very different-feeling game than any HE2 game, so maybe they just wanted to leave it as-is.

The Shadow portion is more interesting. It's clearly HE2, given the more advanced lighting techniques and special effects. The game seems to be based off of the Frontiers codebase and controls, as there's a few hallmark indicators like the jump, jumpball, and the way he bounces off of enemies after a Homing Attack. The camera transitions are linear as well.

Animation looks miles better than Frontiers. The few cutscenes we see are genuinely fantastic, and the spectacle is off the charts. If this gives us an idea of what the next game could look like with a budget, then I am excited.

My question is have they made any control changes from Frontiers to this game? Because if the game just controlled like Cyber Space again, people would... not be happy. I would not be happy. It certainly looks a bit different, but it'll be interesting to see comparisons when more gameplay is available.

Let's dissect this a bit. The Generations portion looks and plays virtually identical to the original, so it's possible it's not running under HE2 and is just running HE1. It's a very different-feeling game than any HE2 game, so maybe they just wanted to leave it as-is.
It's HE2. This is even confirmed by going onto the official website. You can see by looking at the screenshots that even the original Generations portion has HE2 enhanced lighting. You can compare to the new Shadow content and see that the lighting engine is the same. It does look like the original content's models, textures, and other assets are probably exactly the same as in the original game though, it's only the lighting engine that appears updated.

i just hope shadow will not be a reskin like in forces. look like i'l finally be able to play generation without having to pay subscription, yes im a playstation user.

I'm a bit confused why the game is basically the exact same except for the Shadow content.
I was expecting Classic Sonic to be updated to be more in line with Superstars design-wise at the very least.

I'm a bit confused why the game is basically the exact same except for the Shadow content.
I was expecting Classic Sonic to be updated to be more in line with Superstars design-wise at the very least.
i don't think classic sonic should be changed, the way he plays in generation is intentional.

Well, this is technically supposed to be a kind of remaster, so I kinda don't expect much either.

i don't think classic sonic should be changed, the way he plays in generation is intentional.
They meant his appearance. He looks a bit different in Superstars, and they're surprised that he doesn't look that way in the Generations remaster. Honestly though, someone will probably make a mod for it, so people who want it likely won't have to wait long.

On an unrelated note I notice that the already existing content carried over from the original release only really seems to appear exactly the same as before in the trailer. The lighting is a bit better in the official screenshots and I think maybe they could have applied HD textures to the models, but the trailer doesn't quite seem to reflect that. It makes me wonder if they're showing footage of the original release to hide something new about the remaster, but that's just personal speculation to make sense of what I'm seeing.

It would be nice if the Steam version would provide copies of the original release to those who purchase it, and give out a discount for those who already have the original release. I don't expect it to happen, I just think it would be nice. Especially if they're delisting the original game, which so far we don't know. There's a rich history of modding for the original release and it would be a shame if new fans were unable to legally experience it for themselves.

That would be a nice suprise!
They meant his appearance. He looks a bit different in Superstars, and they're surprised that he doesn't look that way in the Generations remaster. Honestly though, someone will probably make a mod for it, so people who want it likely won't have to wait long.

On an unrelated note I notice that the already existing content carried over from the original release only really seems to appear exactly the same as before in the trailer. The lighting is a bit better in the official screenshots and I think maybe they could have applied HD textures to the models, but the trailer doesn't quite seem to reflect that. It makes me wonder if they're showing footage of the original release to hide something new about the remaster, but that's just personal speculation to make sense of what I'm seeing.

It would be nice if the Steam version would provide copies of the original release to those who purchase it, and give out a discount for those who already have the original release. I don't expect it to happen, I just think it would be nice. Especially if they're delisting the original game, which so far we don't know. There's a rich history of modding for the original release and it would be a shame if new fans were unable to legally experience it for themselves.

Also, I hope my PC can run this game and I never brought Frontiers or Superstars btw since I already have it on my Switch, so, I never actually experience any Modern-Like Sonic game yet but I'm sure it can (f it can OG Generations and Lost World fine but again, I don't wanna spent 60 dollars? for a slide-show

SHEEESH LOOKS COOL (this isnt my art i just found this picture)
0b591dfc6d31e4a70a5fb98d83b2ebcf.jpg

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back