Sonic Unleashed Failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic Unleashed had a few great ideas and was kinda fun at first but I thought I was going to break the CD into half the night stages got so boring after a while and made me start complaining about it.If the game had replay value, enjoyable missions and gimmicks that were interesting and diverse for each level it probably would be better but wow those zones were in the Daytime were SHORT I wish they were longer and had 3 REAL acts.[spoiler:f7e9dd3742]Except for Eggmanland, that level was pure EVIL on both versions (not counting by console but by gameplay) since it just got tiring especially on the 360 version[/spoiler:f7e9dd3742]They made a great game but I am used to playing stages like the older games and the daytime stages in this game...

Guess it is back to the drawing board for SEGA.

Well I got this game Friday, and I have to say for a non-sonic fan I was quite impressed, the day levels were exciting, I liked the new things that they added in the game, now for the bad things in the game, the werehog levels were extremly depressing, I felt like I was going to fall asleep as I played through the dull werehog levels, but the day levels made up for it at least.

UruZingLo said:
Well I got this game Friday, and I have to say for a non-sonic fan I was quite impressed, the day levels were exciting, I liked the new things that they added in the game, now for the bad things in the game, the werehog levels were extremly depressing, I felt like I was going to fall asleep as I played through the dull werehog levels, but the day levels made up for it at least.

it helps to know for what system.

360 or Wii?

TrueTenguMan said:
UruZingLo said:

it helps to know for what system.

360 or Wii?

I got it for the PS2 (Yeah I know old system).

mario master said:
Autosaver said:
TrueTenguMan said:
mario master said:
Why is the Wii version considered the true Werehog game?

Handles better, combat is easier.

Add anything else to the list people...

Less annoying/tedious parts,camera is better.

By looking at videos of the 360 werehog, I think that the 360 one may be better. The Wii Werehog slides, which gets REALLY annoying in tight areas, and it looks like the 360 werehog doesn't slide. The combat in the Wii version may be easier, but it's kind of bland and boring. I think the 360 version has more moves and special abilities. The 360 version also has moves when you're close to a big enemy, such as when you pick the enemy up or swing around it. The main thing about the werehog that's annoying (and i'm not sure if this goes for the 360 version or not) is the hit detection. Every time I try to go for a flying enemy, it looks like i'm hitting it but, for some reason, i'm not. Also, "Less annoying/tedious parts"? That's a load of bull. I enter the stage. Fight. Move a few inches. Fight. Climb up two ledges. Fight. Go through a boring bit of platforming. Fight. I REALLY hate the fighting because 1) It happens every five seconds, 2) Because you can't skip through it, and 3) Because the battle theme starts. I'm listening to the level's music, then, all of a sudden, this damn battle theme ruins the little piece of enjoyment that i'm having with the level. God, it's so annoying...

Well, i'm done...

P.S.: Even if I hate the werhog sections, i've gotta admit, the camera really isn't that bad.

Sorry I was late though but it is tedious/Annoying parts!
Did you even see Eggman Land? Or even some other parts.
Like balancing on the little bar with a HORRIBLE camera?

UruZingLo said:
I got it for the PS2

Hm...play it for the 360 or look at 360 gameplay all the way to eggman land then compair. But I recomend playing the 360 version (if able to that is) yourself. Though In truth i wasn't fond of the constant battles, but combat is more fun and platforming is great in it as the werehog(but the camera is still a bother).

TrueTenguMan said:
UruZingLo said:
I got it for the PS2

Hm...play it for the 360 or look at 360 gameplay all the way to eggman land then compair. But I recomend playing the 360 version (if able to that is) yourself. Though In truth i wasn't fond of the constant battles, but combat is more fun and platforming is great in it as the werehog(but the camera is still a bother).

Well I don't have a 360 yet(Don't really plan on getting one) and my only other option is to play it on my Wii, and I don't feel like coughing up 30 or 50 more dollars to buy it for another system. I'll just take your word for it.

Edit:
BigBoi said:
From what I've played of it, Unleashed is great. Shut up, guys. :(

Yes, but thats in your opinion, other people have differn't tastes in games and don't always see a game as being awesome or great.

A-star said:
then there's the fact that most famous reviewers HATE Sonic.

Thats possibly because the fact of the badly released sonic games these days (No offense to sonic fans out there). Im not saying all the sonic games were bad, but some were, which lead to sonic being a hated series among some famous reviewers.

Autosaver said:
From What IGN and many other famous reviewers

Well, yeah, there's your problem. Critics can't represent the opinions of millions of players. And most critics are insanely stuck up to begin with.

Bigboi said:
Autosaver said:
From What IGN and many other famous reviewers

Well, yeah, there's your problem. Critics can't represent the opinions of millions of players. And most critics are insanely stuck up to begin with.

Actually they do represent "millions of players"

A bad game from all critics equals fail.

No one really cares about individuals.
Also look at my previous post.

Autosaver said:
Bigboi said:
From what I've played of it, Unleashed is great. Shut up, guys. :(

From What IGN and many other famous reviewers played, Unleashed is bad(360/PS3)

Shut up, Bigboi :(

Autosaver, can you not understand anything? SSS* just wrote that the 360 and PS3 are the same except for the controls. He even put up videos showing you what he meant. Deal with it; PS2 and WII are the same. Don't take other peoples opions for something.

You're pretty wrong there. Critics can't possibly represent the entire population adequately. The numbers and statistics are insanely skewed for it to even come minimally close for them to represent the masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back