• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic the Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, question. What are the first 3 screenshots suppose to be?
Anyway, I love the original Spyro, and I encourage this project completely! I tried making Dark Hollow and Failed. XP

JEV3 said:
I played Ripto's Rage, practically completed the game in a weekend after which I was able to get my own copy so my save slot had some use. Some of those quests are still pretty great, but many of the things were a little too weird or stupid. The Romeo slug and Juliet bird, those annoying tubby guys from Colossus, I know there was more that bugged me but I can't remember.
Ripto's rage wasn't exactly the best... The first one was much better.

sonic the dragon?
eggman as boss?
there is a brain to use and you are using it half way.by the way i dont think any of the levels are compared to the ones in spyro

no offence
-spader555

Uh . . . ok. Anyway, I finished the Peace Keeper's world acts. I also made some minor changes to the Artisan's Home. Sreenshots of Peace Keeper's:
srb20028iw1.png

srb20026zv9.png

srb20027tn0.png

srb20029um2.png

srb20030gb5.png

And here's the new download link: Sonic the Dragon

Oh my gosh! Cliff Town! I loves it... Now only if there was a way to get an egg thief.

EDIT: You might like a sunset shy for that level.

Chao Freak 1 said:
Oh my gosh! Cliff Town! I loves it... Now only if there was a way to get an egg thief.

EDIT: You might like a sunset shy for that level.

Yeah, that's one of my favorite Spyro levels. And If only I understood SOC editing. I might have been able to make a theif. XD

And, sorry, I couldn't ind a sunset sky, and all I have for texture making is MS Paint. XD

I'll try to make textures for you if you want. Also, If you want, I could PM you the Spyro music to put in the levels.
One part of constructive criticism I have is try to match the Dark Hollow map to the game a little better. There is that cave where the key is, and you start in your own little section with a bush doorway. I might be able to do it, but I cant run Windows. (Not YET anyway. Oh how I want Leopard.)

Chao Freak 1 said:
I'll try to make textures for you if you want. Also, If you want, I could PM you the Spyro music to put in the levels.
One part of constructive criticism I have is try to match the Dark Hollow map to the game a little better. There is that cave where the key is, and you start in your own little section with a bush doorway. I might be able to do it, but I cant run Windows. (Not YET anyway. Oh how I want Leopard.)
Eh, sure, I could use a little help. And the Spyro music would be great. XD

As for Dark Hollow, I do plan on doing something special with that cave by the time I release the final version. Other than that, unless I do it from scratch, I don't think I'm going to be doing much else to it.

OK. Sent him the music. You guys will love it. Those songs are Epic. I don't even thing Sonic CD jp was better. Also, I know that since no one knows how to do it it won't happen, but what about NiGHTS mode fly practices.

Chao Freak 1 said:
OK. Sent him the music. You guys will love it. Those songs are Epic. I don't even thing Sonic CD jp was better. Also, I know that since no one knows how to do it it won't happen, but what about NiGHTS mode fly practices.
If I knew how to make NiGHTS levels, I'd do it if I didn't already have an idea for Gnasty's Loot.

Meh, sounds cool. I'll DL after lunch.

Yea, Sonic and Daxter 3 would rule the world. And be damn near impossible to make. >.>

EDIT: Please, do the world a favor, and redo this wad entirely. Problems:

Slime/water has no FOF
Bridge has no FOF in world#2
Can fall off side of world
PIT instead of F_SKY1
Fall off edge when respawning from checkpoint in world#1
Terrible enemy placement
Player1 start faces wrong way in world#1
Levels WAAAY too short
Spawn from ceiling in most levels
Non-SOCed bosses
No sprite replacement for rings or boss
No Spyro soundtrack

Makes a truly FAILING wad.

God, MY wads are better than this >_>

Guitarplaya said:
Meh, sounds cool. I'll DL after lunch.

Yea, Sonic and Daxter 3 would rule the world. And be damn near impossible to make. >.>

EDIT: Please, do the world a favor, and redo this wad entirely. Problems:

Slime/water has no FOF
Bridge has no FOF in world#2
Can fall off side of world
PIT instead of F_SKY1
Fall off edge when respawning from checkpoint in world#1
Terrible enemy placement
Player1 start faces wrong way in world#1
Levels WAAAY too short
Spawn from ceiling in most levels
Non-SOCed bosses
No sprite replacement for rings or boss
No Spyro soundtrack

Makes a truly FAILING wad.

God, MY wads are better than this >_>
Let's see, PIT is actually a preferred pit, I jus use Sky in some of my levels because that's the Spyro style. I've adressed that the levels are short. Trust me, Magic crafters will start better. Falling off the edge of the world, also staying true to Spyro's style. Bridge as no FOF, so? Does this detract from gameplay at all? Non-soced boses, so basically, you're saying I will never make a good level pack, just because I don't understand soc editing? I think you're just angry because I gave a little constructive critisism.

And no, your wads are not better than this.

Funny how the Sendspace ID of the file is mirpwn.
Lol, strange.[/quote]

REVIEW ALERT!!!

Townsquare:
Short descrives this level perfectly. It easy
to finish it in about 23 seconds with Sonic.
Bad, 3/10.

Dark Hollow:
Thokking the whole level causes the person
doing it to finish the stage in about 13 seconds.
Awful, 3/10

Toasty:
Too many enemies, a boss, only two textures,
fail.
Fix, 3/10

Dry Canyon:
Desert textures, slime and factory textures is
a awful mixture.
As bad as the texture mixing, 2/10

Cliff Town:
This screams roleplay. The only thing I like about
this level is the cactus.
Ew, 3/10

Doctor Shemp:
Over usage of Red Crawlas and Jetty-Syn Bombers
right at the beginning.
*Sonic 1 gameover tune*, 1/10

DroxSorcerer, you said that you were going to put more time to this than Green Canyon Zone, as in, you were making a GOOD map.

Sonic Says, read this!

Just so you know, the levels are as short as the actual Spyro levels. The two that I think represent the levels best are Town square, and Cliff town. Also, has anyone even heard the Spyro music? If you've listened to it I bet you'd like it. I think I'll get Leopard tomorrow so I'll help on levels. I might put rings and stuff in each level where the gems are in Spyro. The reason that the levels are short in that game is because you're suppose to collect everything in that level. If you do that, and I put them in the right spot, it may be a little more fun.

If you're canning this I better get what you released so far before the link is lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back