Sonic R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brown the dog said:
I always liked Sonic R soundtrack, and I'm still liking it. Both were so good that I can't choose which one I like the most.
Too bad the controls kinda ruined it...

Yeah, the music was pretty awesome, but the controls were terrible.

I would like to see one of these interesting Sonic gaming styles again, like Sonic R and Sonic the Fighters, it woudn´t be bad with nowdays technology.

Scizor300 said:
Brown the dog said:
I always liked Sonic R soundtrack, and I'm still liking it. Both were so good that I can't choose which one I like the most.
Too bad the controls kinda ruined it...

Yeah, the music was pretty awesome, but the controls were terrible.

Controls terrible you say? ok, guess everyone can have a complain idea, but the controls were pretty well designed for a Sonic racing game.

I had no problem with the controls. they were actually better than the newer sonic games.

I can see what everyone says about the controls; it's kind of hard to turn without feeling like you're constantly slipping on ice. Sonic R was still a great game though; I'd like to see another game like this except with tighter controls and a lot faster and smoother than the likes of Sonic Rivals.

Everybody's Super Sonic Racing...!

I thought sonic r was very fun but very short i beat super Sonic with tailsdoll in the last level but it took me three tries.

Sonic R isn't too bad though it has it's flaws. I'll state the good & bad about it.

The Good

-Fair amount of characters to choose
-Well designed level backgrounds. Infact, that's probally one of my favourite things about this game
-Balloon Battle is a laugh with friends
-Music is very good especially in the old days
-Most characters are well balanced for a game like this. I mean, Metal Knuckles can near enough keep up, and pretty much outdo Super Sonic

The Flaws & Bad stuff
-Braking is some of the worst I've come across
-Certain weather conditions can make races extremely cheap especially the snow condition
-Spin Dash is useless as well as Eggman's missile which pretty much does jack.
-Turning can be a real pain sometimes, which sharp turn maneuvure comes in handy for this
-Single player is extremely short, and there are lack of levels. Even the extras afterwards still make it short. If there was about 15 - 20 levels, then it'd be much better

I loved the level layout, but I wish that they made it possible for each path to have potential in a risk-vs-reward situation... instead its simply a matter of playing the level until you've memorized the fastest way through.

If it weren't for the aforementioned flaw, I would not be disappointed by the poor selection considering the fact that it is an older game.

Chaos Knux said:
Sonic R is a priceless gem. It a Diamond in the Sky among games.

Thank you for saying that. I loved Sonic R; even if it was short, that was a good racing game in the ol' days.

Maybe the SEGA all stars racing will have sonic running as a character, That would be a good start.

Yeah hopefully SEGA all-stars racing will probably succeed as a sonic racing game if they don't do anything wrong or unnecessary maybe more levels, more characters, and maybe a story mode (but we know that's unlikely).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back