Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my, if Sunset Hill gets to make it... It'd be freaking awesome, even if it doesn't, it'd be a nice adding to have some Sonic Advance stages on 3D.

The sad thing is they aren't putting in game gear games. That is a major part of Sonic's history. I think Sega is just spitting on thier fans now.

Oh my, if Sunset Hill gets to make it... It'd be freaking awesome, even if it doesn't, it'd be a nice adding to have some Sonic Advance stages on 3D.

Sunset Hill isn't a bad stage for the Advance games, but it's already a tribute to Green Hill.

I wouldn't mind Egg Rocket / Cosmic Angel, Music Plant, or Chaos Angel, though.

This may be only me, but has anyone else noticed that classic Sonic's levels are significantly shorter than modern Sonic's? Try watching the complete gameplay of Green Hill to see what I mean. I understand that Modern Sonic's level needs to be larger for the whole "boost" function, but it seems like they're skimping out on Classic Sonic's content.

The home console version of this game looks so neat! City Escape Zone as Classic Sonic looks really good, I really like how you can ride on a skateboard and how the GUN truck changes how you play the level. Modern Sonic's Gameplay looks a lot better in City Escape Zone than it usually would levels from other games in that style. I am not going to make a final judgement on the 3DS game until it releases, but as of now it needs some serious problems to attend to as far as what they plan to do with zones since right now Classic Sonic basically has a rehash of Green Hill Zone and Modern Sonic's level does not look all that interesting either.

Isn't cosmic Angel and Chaos Angel supposed to be a tribute to Angel Island though.

Cosmic Angel, no. They had Angel Island as an earlier zone, besides it was a Robotnik's spaceship. Chaos Angel, mostly of the Sonic Advance version since the both of them were both zones were followed the ancient ruins trope.

This may be only me, but has anyone else noticed that classic Sonic's levels are significantly shorter than modern Sonic's? Try watching the complete gameplay of Green Hill to see what I mean. I understand that Modern Sonic's level needs to be larger for the whole "boost" function, but it seems like they're skimping out on Classic Sonic's content.

I could tell a little bit from Green Hill Zone. I know Classic Sonic's play style is a bit slower and he has less to his levels than Modern Sonic as far as length, but Modern Sonic's levels seem longer to me because he has areas that are mostly just a lengthy straight dash forward.

Last edited:

I hope that part of this is that Green Hill and City Escape are levels that are accessed earlier in Generations. That would make sense because traditionally earlier levels in Sonic games aren't as long as those that come later. But yeah, Classic Sonic's City Escape lasted about a minute or so shorter than I would've hoped.

Hopefully Classic Sonic's levels will be expansive and allow for numerous multiple routes, side routes, and secret caches, as in the games he's known for. Red Rings, a la Sonic Colors, would be great to implement in this game, both to encourage exploration (in C. Sonic's levels) and precision and timing (in M. Sonic's batch).

No Game Gear really is stupid. For a game designed to evoke nostalgia, focusing on modern titles that evoke considerably less is a tremendous oversight.

I mean, shit, Crystal Egg.

No Game Gear really is stupid. For a game designed to evoke nostalgia, focusing on modern titles that evoke considerably less is a tremendous oversight.

I mean, shit, Crystal Egg.

What about Sunset Park? Or Mecha Green Hill (Yes, another green hill, but the concept is just too cool to pass up)? Or Sky Base? Or Gimmick Mountain? Surely at the very least, Sunset Park should be included.

I'm thinking Sega thinks the 3DS/DS base has only played the Advance titles and Rush series. Which is why they aren't including any of the Game Gear stages.

I'm not even sure if a majority of the Sonic fanbase has played the Game Gear games. The only time I played them was when they were packed in with Mega Collection/DX games as a bonus. I don't even think I progressed far into some of the games due to the cheap difficulty and limitations it had compared to the Genesis games.

But then again, Sega is releasing the Game Gear games AGAIN on the 3DS virtual console. I'm sure they will be downloaded by new players and they will question why some of those stages weren't in Generations.

What about Sunset Park? Or Mecha Green Hill (Yes, another green hill, but the concept is just too cool to pass up)? Or Sky Base? Or Gimmick Mountain? Surely at the very least, Sunset Park should be included.

Sonic Chaos is also a Master System Game so Mecha Green Hill Zone is saved. I also don't think they are doing the game gear is very popular at all. If it weren't for Sonic Adventure, I would only heard of Sonic 1,2,3K,CD,3D,R as the old games.

I loved the game gear titles. When SEGA was asked about it they laughed and said, they want more recnet handheld games. I want to know why SEGA is making a game about Sonic's history but getting rid of the handheld classic era.

I loved the game gear titles. When SEGA was asked about it they laughed and said, they want more recnet handheld games. I want to know why SEGA is making a game about Sonic's history but getting rid of the handheld classic era.

Not Sega as whole said that. That was Iizuka. As per usual he's said something he shouldn't have dared sputtered. He has no idea of the repercussions of every statement he makes. Then again, he always seems to be a clueless moron, and considering he's the director of the recent titles, it sends negative vibes through the community and rightfully so.

...Hey, waitaminute...
Sonic Colors was also for the DS.
Maybe they aren't gonna take levels only from Rush and Advance?

They are taking genesis levels for the 3ds right now (Green Hill, Possibly Launch base, and Carnival Nights.). So they might take colors and Unleashed. Who knows.

Source, please? And I don't think Unleashed was for the Genesis, unless you changed subjects back there...

I'm saying if there putting Genesis games (Console) for the 3ds then they could put in Unleashed, seeing they already put in some console games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back