This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211221-102704_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211221-102704_Chrome.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 419
This is very good.

I hope this mod will get better and better, there's potential in it.

I tryed this addon 4 months ago, and it was uhh... But now I see some the changes in a good way.
I see the author of mod is fixing it...
Interesting, the version of mod doesn't change, but mod changes matter...
Hmm, strange, is it technology or modder is back?

Ok. Ok.
I see I finally can turn off gibs (lags btw), but now there's new bug of gaining insanity: somtimes can't gain by destroying badnics, it happens randomly.

Well good luck to uhh... Modder or anomalies? :)

Last edited:
Heyo! I did some testing and I think I figured out the issues with the Final Boss crashing.
In short, if the boss is directly on top of the player it's chasing, the game will crash consistently and will not even let it print out a log sheet. Best way to test this is with God Mode. My hypothesis is that it's doing a constant distance check on every tic to the chased player. Once it reaches the player, it does another check but the distance is a flat 0. It doesn't know what to do, so it crashes.

I do not know how to code, so I could be wrong, but I did do some tests where I changed how the boss moves. (Removed the P_InstaThrust in BCZ.lua {line 198}, edited the SOC for the Boss to have it "walk" like other enemies using two chase states instead of one, changed a few other things like its Missile State using the ChooseDMG instead of Chase, etc.) Doing what I did would have to remove the Melee State as getting too close to the Boss would make it spam its attacks like crazy! (Unless if you use the A_BrakChase method or use Var1 = 1 in both Chase States.) Of course, that's just me with my testing, I'm sure that you could add something like a check in the LUA script to prevent the boss from moving if the distance between it and its target is 0. ...Or something like that.
Who knows, maybe there's something more to the current moving methods implemented here, but for now that was what I was able to come up with.

As for the 1st boss, I have no clue what causes the crashing yet I also found a fix. I got the original MAP03 and copied this mod's map03 contents. (Lines, Things, Sectors, etc. EXCEPT the MAP03 empty marker!) I replaced the original map03's stuff and saved it as a WAD. Then I imported the WAD in this mod and placed it in the Maps folder. Then it just... Worked? I don't know why. Maybe because the MAP03 Marker was just Empty in this mod instead of it being the thing that shows you the map? Either way, I did the same process to all the other maps just in case any other issues popped up with them.

Oh, another thing:
When the Final Boss spawns, if playing in Multiplayer, all the Sectors in the level will have their lighting set to 0. I don't know why.

Yes, I did the evil bad thing and edited the mod to do these tests. I'm sorry. I hope that this helps, though!

~MSF

Heyo! I did some testing and I think I figured out the issues with the Final Boss crashing.
In short, if the boss is directly on top of the player it's chasing, the game will crash consistently and will not even let it print out a log sheet. Best way to test this is with God Mode. My hypothesis is that it's doing a constant distance check on every tic to the chased player. Once it reaches the player, it does another check but the distance is a flat 0. It doesn't know what to do, so it crashes.

I do not know how to code, so I could be wrong, but I did do some tests where I changed how the boss moves. (Removed the P_InstaThrust in BCZ.lua {line 198}, edited the SOC for the Boss to have it "walk" like other enemies using two chase states instead of one, changed a few other things like its Missile State using the ChooseDMG instead of Chase, etc.) Doing what I did would have to remove the Melee State as getting too close to the Boss would make it spam its attacks like crazy! (Unless if you use the A_BrakChase method or use Var1 = 1 in both Chase States.) Of course, that's just me with my testing, I'm sure that you could add something like a check in the LUA script to prevent the boss from moving if the distance between it and its target is 0. ...Or something like that.
Who knows, maybe there's something more to the current moving methods implemented here, but for now that was what I was able to come up with.

As for the 1st boss, I have no clue what causes the crashing yet I also found a fix. I got the original MAP03 and copied this mod's map03 contents. (Lines, Things, Sectors, etc. EXCEPT the MAP03 empty marker!) I replaced the original map03's stuff and saved it as a WAD. Then I imported the WAD in this mod and placed it in the Maps folder. Then it just... Worked? I don't know why. Maybe because the MAP03 Marker was just Empty in this mod instead of it being the thing that shows you the map? Either way, I did the same process to all the other maps just in case any other issues popped up with them.

Oh, another thing:
When the Final Boss spawns, if playing in Multiplayer, all the Sectors in the level will have their lighting set to 0. I don't know why.

Yes, I did the evil bad thing and edited the mod to do these tests. I'm sorry. I hope that this helps, though!

~MSF
Dont worry its reusable so anyone can edit it in any way they want

Dont worry its reusable so anyone can edit it in any way they want
That is because this mod already uses Reusable Content; The Gibs, Tails Doll, Physattk and TTT.
Unless if the creator states otherwise, everything else in the mod is NOT reusable - at least to my understanding and general respect for the creator's work.

I'm aware of the hypocrisy on what I've been doing, but I myself am one who likes to bring up solutions to a problem instead of saying, "Mod broke, lol," when the creator already knows of its issues - not to discredit those who bring up any issues/glitches of course!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back