Sonic Doom 2 v4.1 Released!

Awesome!! I can't wait to try out your new updates. I'll post more when I get home, but I loved this mod. It's probably the only good Sonic Doom mod out there. At least it's the only when I can recall off the top of my head aside from Super Sonic Doom (which I don't recall being very fun to play).

Edit: If you want, I'll get together with you about possibly working on it some more with you after work too.

I tested the maps on ZDoom, GZDoom and Zandronum. The WAD works in all the ports, but water creates a HOM effect on OpenGL renders. I'll scope out the water on the maps where it happens.

Screenshot_Doom_20130502_175532.png

Software (Doom) render.
Screenshot_Doom_20130502_180941.png

AMD hardware (OpenGL) render.
Screenshot_Doom_20130502_182754.png

Nvidia hardware (OpenGL) render.

The good news is that this only a minor inconvenience and not game breaking, so you don't have to switch ports if you really don't want to. You'll just have to deal with some broken water.
doesnt work on chocolate doom

Actually you can run Sonic Doom 2 with SRB2 XMAS 0.96! Just run xmaswin.exe with sdoom2.wad! Even the SD2 rings are replaced with actual SRB2 rings! (it has shields everywhere, just make sure to not grab too much of them because they stock up and might make the game crash)
EDIT: Actually only shields of the same type stock up.
yea, its correct, i tested it and i also tested sonic doom 1 on it, its pretty scary

Last edited:
in that case it's not asking for your paypal account, it's asking for the pLaypal lump. as in the Player's Pallet lump.
My grammar sucked back then lmao

might be talking about a pLaypal lump for Player Pallet.

You need the DOOM 2 (or Free Doom equivalent) Iwad in the same folder as ZDoom/GZDoom. then you load the Sonic doom 2 wad, plus a character, in ZDoom/GZDoom.
Better yet, use one of the bat files after modifying it for ZDoom/GZDoom.
I was pretty young at that time, i understand what your saying now since i have learned alot of ZDL crap so i now understand, im playing this wad

Got something to keep you busy while you wait for 2.1. ;)

After a 15-year hiatus, Sonic Doom 2 back!

"What is Sonic Doom 2?", you ask? Think of it like SRB2 v0.01. In fact, SRB2 was built on top of SD2 for several months before it could stand on its own.

Been long enough, hasn't it? Mod updated to be compatible with ZDoom-derived ports.
FIXED THAT BLASTED CARNIVAL NIGHT ZONE 2 BUG THAT KEPT YOU FROM PROGRESSING!
Some of the worst graphics have been updated (mainly fonts).

Included the never-released unfinished Launch Base Zone Act 2, plus another
new secret level that may seem familiar...

http://www.spaddlewit.com/ssntails/games/sdoom2.zip

Not sure where I'm going with this... if I want to continue it, or what. Depends on if there's anybody else interested in updating stuff for it.
This Actually Works In Sonic Robo Blast 2? (2.2)

There's a few Sonic Doom games for the Sega 32X, one starring Blaze. If you dig around YouTube you can find the downloads for them. They work in Kega Fusion and RetroArch.

I know this thread has been since 2013. But I would like to play something.
S D 2 2 .4 ! !
4.1 feels so newish, and unordered. 2.4 may have been in the S3&K order, tho.
oh and ching cheng hangi was bal viden bo, cxhin hangen lo ferbert

I heard of you. your the creator of SRB2!
He's not even on this thread. And he retired from doing this job, because in 2009, he was married around that time. And at the time, Mystic had to be in charged for updating the game and adding in other stuff, however he got banned and move on around 2020, he was even banned in this community because of how rude he was, and how the drama he caused.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back