• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Classics Blast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you importing it correctly? If you are, it should keep the same dimensions. I can't really help you solve this until you tell me the steps you're taking to import your background.

Let's see, this is how I do it:

1) Open XWE with the WAD.

2) Open Entry -> Load: titlesky.jpg (320x200 pixels)

3) Save it and close it.

4) Try it in SRB2. Get a Segment Violation.

5) Open it back up in XWE and it happens to be resized to 128x128 pixels!

What's the Problem?

By the way, Auto Capatilize Lumps is turned off if that means anything.

GCFreak said:
Let's see, this is how I do it:

1) Open XWE with the WAD.

2) Open Entry -> Load: titlesky.jpg (320x200 pixels)

3) Save it and close it.

4) Try it in SRB2. Get a Segment Violation.

5) Open it back up in XWE and it happens to be resized to 128x128 pixels!

What's the Problem?

By the way, Auto Capatilize Lumps is turned off if that means anything.

im not good with using XWE... i had (yes i deleted it) it only for one reson... it was for importing the sprites into my GHZ map

Try exporting the image as BMP, then loading it in XWE. I tried it once and it worked fine.

Sky textures can only go up to 256x255, any higher and you'll have to use patches.

Dark Warrior said:
Are you loading it as a DOOM flat?
Flat != texture. Leave the Doom conversion option alone, you don't need it.

FoxBlitzz said:
Try exporting the image as BMP, then loading it in XWE. I tried it once and it worked fine.
You're one hell of a miracle worker then, because XWE rarely ever accepts BMP for me. If you have Photoshop, you're better off converting the files to GIF. I say Photoshop because converting images to GIF in Paint results in a ton of unnecessary pixelation. Other programs may work as well, never tried anything else.

Ritz, this is about the TITLESKY picture on the title screen. And you can use BMP files if you convert them to 256-colors through Photoshop / Paint Shop Pro / GIMP.

Uh....no. I'm compressing it.....Sendspace is being stupid and taking 20 minutes to upload it, though

Re: Sonic Classics Blast (New Beta!)

Roboashura said:
This is a project to recreate the Sonic 2 levels in SRB2. This is actually kinda possible now that people are working on tangible slopes, and there's a way to fake a loop. This is very incomplete right now. I have....what, maybe 1/5 of EHZ1 done. But meh. I'll keep this topic here for new releases. Here's a title screen and 1/5 of a level:
Update: Version 1.02. Added: A fixed title screen, title music, (Thanks, Dark Archon)music, all levels added. Added as in not begun, but I have a thok barrier and MAINCFG part for them. So, yeah. Lots of new stuff.
Download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/mtm230

Screenies:
srb200001qi.png

Title screen. Sexy, no?

srb200015af.png

Image of EHZ1

srb200021dz.png

EHZ1. Again.

HEY! That title screen music is mine. What do you say?

Seriously... Dont Bump Topics that are really old... like this one...

PM THE PERSON FOR GOD'S SAKE :x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back