Some new features I'm working on for SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so is everyone believing this or is this part of the joke?
I don't believe it. There is no way you guys would abandon the engine after a huge release and totally scrap everything you've done before.
Nice try.

Who cares about the grumpy old Doom Engine? New graphics and slopes AHOY!!

You can believe what you like to believe, but it's definitely happening. Since slopes will now become a dominant feature in maps, we thought it'd be nice to leave entire-flats maps as a novelty for nostalgic players.
screenshot6.png

You can believe what you like to believe, but it's definitely happening. Since slopes will now become a dominant feature in maps, we thought it'd be nice to leave entire-flats maps as a novelty for nostalgic players.
screenshot6.png

Nope.
Keep trying to justify this joke, but it's not real. That screenshot is obviously faked.

I know you're having trouble believing all this sudden information at once, but please remember we've had this in production for about two years now in our private development team. What you're seeing in the firsts posts and the OP are farther indev.

I know you're having trouble believing all this sudden information at once, but please remember we've had this in production for about two years now in our private development team. What you're seeing in the firsts posts and the OP are farther indev.

Come on Iceman, you need to get Creative.
You aren't fooling me at all. I don't think april fools jokes are funny.

Hey Rex, did you ever consider:
1) Ignoring this thread
2) Going along with the joke
Not that this is a joke. Something this good? Wow. I can't believe the old engine is going to be a thing of the past. Can't wait to learn a whole new editing tool.

Come on Iceman, you need to get Creative.
You aren't fooling me at all. I don't think april fools jokes are funny.

Gotta love how you keep acting like that one kid who's extremely confident, constantly jumps around saying "HAHA YOU CAN'T FOOL ME!" and is throughoutly disappointed when he realises he just excluded himself from an actual event.

Gotta love how you keep acting like that one kid who's extremely confident, constantly jumps around saying "HAHA YOU CAN'T FOOL ME!" and is throughoutly disappointed when he realises he just excluded himself from an actual event.

For now I am not believing this until

1. They confirm it is fake. (obviously)
2. Or they keep it going PAST april fools day.

Don't forget though, all those 2.1 updates from 2012 were real, even though everyone thought they were AFD jokes.

Just a thought.

you do realise both the joking side and the truthful side would ignore 1 and go straight for 2 right?

Come on, Rex! You just need to get into the spirit of things!
Will the new engine feature working loops?

Introduction of the past behind Rex's future. Furyhunter OpenGL rendering engine goes luxurious 2.2 in the Repertoire of the magnificent works of an excellent addition! Maybe the slope portal is for some time.

You can maybe work 100%.

I'm not going to believe this until I get actual conformation that this isn't a joke. I don't want pictures, which can be faked, I want an actual tech demo of SRB2 running on this 'new engine'.

OK now I'm not so sure. I'll just believe this is a thing and hope for the best. If not, oh well we still have 2.1 and Lua.
Plus I doubt I'd be able to run this new engine anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back