Snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Global warming. Blame everything weather-related on global warming and people will think you're a genius.
Global warming my ass. I'm more content with the terms "global climate change" since winters are getting colder -- at least, the last two winters -- and summers seem to be a little warmer, too.

The snow actually might be the result of global warming. There's a school of thought that says that the increased cloud cover associated with a rise in global temperature will lead to more snow in higher latitudes and create a cooling effect.

So how does Global warming work?

What is WITH this winter? We're getting 20-30 inches tonight and tomorrow. I can't remember ever having this much snow around here.

Must be the weather or the Planet fighting against the EPA.

Last edited:
So how does Global warming work?
From start to Ice-Age, Stuff that is already happening in bold
  • We make ****-tons of CO2 by burning fossil fuels and send it all skyward.
  • CO2 traps thermal energy (heat) in atmosphere that should be returned to space.
  • Polar icecaps melt from increased global temperature.
  • Cool water disrupts the Mid-Atlantic current, which brings the heat of equatorial waters to our area.
  • The Day After Tomorrow plays through.
  • Earth re-warms.
  • Rinse, lather, repeat.

Please don't turn this into a global warming debate. We have the Colosseum for that.

Last edited:
Funny. This year's winter hasn't been bad here in the Midwest, and last summer was relatively cool. If anything, the weather's gotten nicer over the last few years, at least where I live.

Last edited:
Ugh, I need to get back out there and help finish shoveling the driveway. EDIT: There, NOW I can complain. I need to get some pictures, that was a huge driveway, and even with four of us out there it took forever. It was like three feet of snow.

Last edited:
It rarely ever snows at all in Vegas. 2008 was a very special case though- twice in one season, one of which ended up being the most snow the area had gotten in 20 or so years. I took a very nice stroll around that day, it was something else.

It hasn't snowed since over here, though it has been raining frequently, which is always nice. Love the stuff.

17840_108098019202594_100000071884359_215429_5404015_n.jpg

Yes, I'm the one in red... In shifts, we got the entire driveway shoveled out of three feet of snow (our dad helped, he's the one taking the picture).

EDIT: The fact I have a red shell in this picture and that I use Mighty as an avatar is a TOTAL coincidence.... totally... sorta... in a way...

Lucky. In south Florida, we NEVER get snow ;-;

I'll trade you my scorching hot summers...

Jeez, you people. All I'm getting is a bunch of wind and rain.

I'd kill for a snowflake.

Once you spent a winter season in an area with snow, you'll never want to see snow again. If you only go visit someone living around snow, then you'll find it fun. Having to constantly shovel it out (either once or twice a day) totally takes the fun out of it. No one feels like making a snowman anymore. It's all ice, or brown/yellow snow.

A week ago, we just got a few inches of snow that melted in a few days. But since it always snows once or twice a year, there's no trucks showering streets with salt, only the busy roads. So most stores are closed. Luckily, Dominoes was still open, so we drove out that day. Too bad the shortest streets had hills. It was too slippery for any car in the neighborhood to pass through.

When I wanted a winter with snow a year ago there was not that much snow, now there is snow I do not want anymore.

Shovelling has not been much of a problem with 2-3 inches though, it is just the ice that I do not like makes it annoying to actually shovel the snow.

The wind was really bad yesterday. After shoveling out the driveway all morning, we had to come back out in the afternoon where the driveway was covered in drifts usually around 8 inches deep but in some places it was more than a foot.
Our dad couldn't even make it home across our road, and the drifts there were about 2 feet in the better areas. It took several shovels, a neighbor with a pickup, another neighbor's tow cable, and at least an hour to get him parked half a mile down the road before we walked back home.

The wind isn't as bad today, we went back out to shovel the drifts back off of our driveway, and found out that our pony had died. He's been losing weight for a while despite feeding him plenty of food, and drains water fast... so it probably was something to do with some kind of parasite and the cold.
We have no clue what to do with him, he'd fallen down between the gates and his mouth is stuck open and his face was bleeding. He looks really, really freaky right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back