Snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live way up in New York, so there's obviously snow here. I heard it's probably gonna snow a bit more during the next few days.

Well... I'll be honest. Here in Oklahoma, I didn't expect a White Christmas.

But we did have one. And the snow is still on the ground.

Not much snow (3-6 inches), but man... compared to other Christmases in Oklahoma, I'm not complaining.

No White Christmas for me here, as usual...

But as for this week, it's been snowing quite a bit - enough to get the school I go to finish an hour early yesterday, and have no school at all for today. O.O

I don't remember seeing this much snow before, where I live, let alone outside my own bedroom window.

God I love Indiana winters. Mid-Autumn weather up until December, then ****tons of snow in January up to Spring in March.

Northern Missouri is supposed to drop BELOW -20 degrees sometime in the next week. Hope you like harder than heck ice!

Northern Missouri is supposed to drop BELOW -20 degrees sometime in the next week. Hope you like harder than heck ice!
Well, I live just outside of Kansas City, and we've been getting snow like crazy.
6" Christmas day that hasn't melted, a few random days of 1", 6" today, and the weather people are calling for 4 more inches tomorrow.
And Friday after the current snowstorm ends, it's supposed to get down to -11 degrees for a low (-24 Celsius).
I haven't had school since Monday.
I wouldn't be surprised to be going to school in June.

Where I live we don't get snow so I wouldn't know what it would be like to have heavy snow fall.

Imagine having 12+ inches of cold, wet, slick sand all over the freaking road. Then imagine having no grip on the road whatsoever. Oh, and don't forget about not being able to see more than 2-3 car lengths in front of you.

I love how the weather decides to rain just before Christmas Morning, and then start snowing when it's no longer desired. Tonight, we're expected to get perhaps up to 12 inches of snow. Thankfully, I have no classes this Thursday (only General Physics Lab, and during the first week of the quarter, there are no Physics labs or recitation halls).

Actually, does it count as snow when the nights have been under freezing and there's a serious case of frost on the grass?

Florida is not supposed to get this cold.

Well, if it's frost on the ground, that's below freezing. Now you just need water to come from the sky and you've got snow. Of course, if that happens in Florida it would be a disaster, and produce costs across the country would go up quite a bit. I like my orange juice and don't particularly want Florida snowed on ;_;

I had to scrape the ice off my windshield this morning. Snow would rock! Bring it on! I can't wait to see everyone on the road going "WTF?"!

It didn't snowed in Atlanta at all :(
I called a friend via skype and he said that celebrating christmas in Algiers is exotic (temperatures are over 20C°...)

Well, if it's frost on the ground, that's below freezing. Now you just need water to come from the sky and you've got snow. Of course, if that happens in Florida it would be a disaster, and produce costs across the country would go up quite a bit. I like my orange juice and don't particularly want Florida snowed on ;_;
Haven't prices already been going up? And I believe FL farmers are already in a state of panic. Still, snow would be overkill. If it actually hit the floor this time....

What is WITH this winter? We're getting 20-30 inches tonight and tomorrow. I can't remember ever having this much snow around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back