Silver shadow Arguments

Do you think Silver is a Shadow recolor?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have much of a problem as long as they give Silver and Shadow their own gameplay mechanics. It would be nice if they'd give Silver the boot after this game, too. We don't need ANOTHER hedgehog to follow Sonic through all the games.

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "recolor". Recolor doesn't really mean someone just changed the palette of the character, although that applies too. Mainly, "recolor" is generally used to describe any fan character which is simply one of the main characters (STK) with a different color scheme and some modifications.

For instance, Shadow is a recolor of Sonic with the addition of red lines on the spines and a different running animation with the hover skates.

Amy is a recolor of Sonic with clothing, especially in Sonic CD.

Silver is a recolor of Sonic with a different face and spine structure.

The personality, plot, or any other factors have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not something is a recolor. In fact, the quality of the character has nothing to do with whether or not it's a recolor. Personally, I find Amy to be rather decent as a character, despite how annoying she is in Sonic Adventure 1/2. Shadow, in SA2, was an interesting character.

The problem comes when we keep adding more and more of these recolors to the official games. After a point you end up with FAR too many hedgehogs, and suddenly Sonic ceases to be special at all. Why can all of these hedgehogs run fast, over loops and stuff? Sonic is supposed to do that, and having all these clones defeats the point of Sonic to begin with. Reading Sonic plots nowadays is like reading bad fanfiction, with all sorts of characters made for plot purposes that stick around as extra baggage. It's not that Amy, Shadow, and Silver were made for bad purposes, it's just that by sticking around, they're adding more and more cruft on top of what is at the core a mascot game. If your mascot game doesn't even star your mascot anymore, what's the point?

Thats all true however if you go to gametrailers.com and look for the sonic gameplay you will find that silver has not close to the regular gameplay mechanics, leaving it at shadow being the only one as fast as sonic...
But I do agree that if they should make a new character, it should nnot be another hedgehog. I mean in everything put together from the cartoons to the comics there hasprobably been around 10 hedgehogs...

Dark Warrior said:
Same goes for Silver. We don't need another one. Especialy an abused "From the future" character. This is just plain obnoxious.

Silver has VERY different gameplay from Sonic, he's slower, and has telekinetic abilities. Yes there are too many characters, especially hedgehogs, but some are ok, like Rouge, Omega, and Blaze, I personally like Shadow, and the Babylon Rouges, too. I think that Cream, Vanilla, and Big should be removed though, even if Cream is the sweetest person you will/could ever meet.

moonlander said:
Duh, he's no recolor... X.x
He has different hair, powers, boots, gloves etc.
People think it's a recolor because of his face (same face for the stupid people here)

agree with you 100% there

To me this is a pointless topic because everyone knows that he is not a recolor. Just like what moonlander said, look at his body, clothes, and powers, totally different. :|

Mystic said:
I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "recolor". Recolor doesn't really mean someone just changed the palette of the character, although that applies too. Mainly, "recolor" is generally used to describe any fan character which is simply one of the main characters (STK) with a different color scheme and some modifications.

For instance, Shadow is a recolor of Sonic with the addition of red lines on the spines and a different running animation with the hover skates.

Amy is a recolor of Sonic with clothing, especially in Sonic CD.

Silver is a recolor of Sonic with a different face and spine structure.

The personality, plot, or any other factors have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not something is a recolor. In fact, the quality of the character has nothing to do with whether or not it's a recolor. Personally, I find Amy to be rather decent as a character, despite how annoying she is in Sonic Adventure 1/2. Shadow, in SA2, was an interesting character.

The problem comes when we keep adding more and more of these recolors to the official games. After a point you end up with FAR too many hedgehogs, and suddenly Sonic ceases to be special at all. Why can all of these hedgehogs run fast, over loops and stuff? Sonic is supposed to do that, and having all these clones defeats the point of Sonic to begin with. Reading Sonic plots nowadays is like reading bad fanfiction, with all sorts of characters made for plot purposes that stick around as extra baggage. It's not that Amy, Shadow, and Silver were made for bad purposes, it's just that by sticking around, they're adding more and more cruft on top of what is at the core a mascot game. If your mascot game doesn't even star your mascot anymore, what's the point?

Read and be amazed.

scorchxm1.png

ok..........

Recolor means to recolor an image.

this is from wikipedia...
'Recolor' is the general term for a simply modified version of sprites and other images. Recolors are very well known throughout message boards and fansites in the Sonic the Hedgehog video games (mostly from the Sonic Advance series and Sonic Battle). They're usually created using bitmap programs such as Microsoft Paint when a certain character's skin and other features are replaced with a different color of some kind. Recolors are criticized by many for their distinctive unoriginality and simpliticity.

Listen, if a sprite or animation has diffrent features or acessories then it is called an "EDIT".

If the colors are the only thing changed, then its called a recolor..

Besides if all hedgehogs are based on the same model, how are you supposed to make him not look like a edit!?

They are all supposed to have similar features...... dont call it a recolor...
I guess you can say an 'Edit" would be a proper term...
Maybe redo... nah... Edit

edit

v 1: prepare for publication or presentation by correcting, revising, or adapting; "Edit a a book on lexical semantics"; "she edited the letters of the politician so as to omit the most personal passages" [syn: redact] 2: supervise the publication of; "The same family has been editing the influential newspaper for almost 100 years" 3: cut and assemble the components of; "edit film"; "cut recording tape" [syn: cut, edit out] 4: cut or eliminate; "she edited the juiciest scenes" [syn: blue-pencil, delete]

but its your guys opinion....
Im just telling you mine....

:mrgreen: dont take this offensively

No one cares about the actual definition of the word. You understand what we mean, and we understand what we mean. Stop being so damn technical.

RgxSuperSonic said:
Besides if all hedgehogs are based on the same model, how are you supposed to make him not look like a edit!?
Be more creative and create something that isn't a recolor. They CAN do it. Look at Blaze and Cream. While not as cool as STK, at least they aren't recolors.

Mystic said:
RgxSuperSonic said:
Be more creative and create something that isn't a recolor. They CAN do it. Look at Blaze and Cream. While not as cool as STK, at least they aren't recolors.

but i meant a hedgehog...
how can you make a new hedgehog look diffrent? and not and recloor or edit?

and of course they can be creative and make new characters as good as cream and blaze. but, how would they make a new hedgehog character to convince people its not and reclor or edit?

i cant imagine....

RgxSuperSonic said:

and of course they can be creative and make new characters as good as cream and blaze. but, how would they make a new hedgehog character to convince people its not and reclor or edit?

i cant imagine....
You don't. It's that simple. Why do we need more than one hedgehog? That's Sonic's job. Creating a bazillion hedgehogs defeats how "special" Sonic is anyhow. If we need new characters, how about making something different? Silver doesn't look like he HAS to be a hedgehog. Why couldn't they have made something totally different and make it look more interesting? There are plenty of animals they could have used in a weird way to make Silver different and interesting. Instead, we get yet ANOTHER uncreative hedgehog. That's my main complaint in the first place. Do something new, SEGA, not recoloring your main character, changing a few things, and then claiming it's a completely new and original character. It's not.

Mystic said:
RgxSuperSonic said:

i cant imagine....
You don't. It's that simple. Why do we need more than one hedgehog? That's Sonic's job. Creating a bazillion hedgehogs defeats how "special" Sonic is anyhow. If we need new characters, how about making something different? Silver doesn't look like he HAS to be a hedgehog. Why couldn't they have made something totally different and make it look more interesting? There are plenty of animals they could have used in a weird way to make Silver different and interesting. Instead, we get yet ANOTHER uncreative hedgehog. That's my main complaint in the first place. Do something new, SEGA, not recoloring your main character, changing a few things, and then claiming it's a completely new and original character. It's not.

true, there is a buch of animals they can use, but still,
how would they make a new hedgehog character to convince people its not and reclor or edit? for any reason.. they have to bring a new hedgehog into the game... how would they do it?

Edit: Exactly we dont need no morte speed demons ok, shadow, metal sonic and proabaly balze thats it... no more speed demons....
i agree with you on that 100%...

and another thing they should make knuckles and tails slower.....
they shouldnt be able to catch up with sonic....
but tails should be faster then knuckles....

chaos_sonic said:
Besides if they wanted to do a world full of hedgehogs shouldn't they have done it from the start?

Its not that i want a new hedgehog, im just saying if they did brought another hedgehog (for any reason what so ever) into the series, how would they make him not a recolor or edit?

There are many types of hedgehogs, Silver is known to be a "Black eyed wight" but I do realize sega should be more creative with there ideas perhaps a new echidna?

You do know you bumped an almost six-month old topic, do you?

Don't post in a topic where the difference of time is more than two weeks.

Chaos said:
You do know you bumped an almost six-month old topic, do you?

Don't post in a topic where the difference of time is more than two weeks.
I didn't even see that hehe :oops: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back