Silver shadow Arguments

Do you think Silver is a Shadow recolor?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlavoredLoli

Tastefully Twisted
Ok I'm starting to get tired of people arguing that Silver is a shadow recolor in topics when someone wants to make a silver wad. So I made this topic so you can give your arguments.
The_4_sonic_rivals.jpg

I put this picture here becuase Shadow and silver are in almost in the same pose.
I personally think he's not at the least hes a partial recolor.

Duh, he's no recolor... X.x
He has different hair, powers, boots, gloves etc.
People think it's a recolor because of his face (same face for the stupid people here)

i think sega wanted to make a new character after the poor general reception of shadow the hedgehog(the game).......so no recolor
i kinda liked that game though

to be truthful i would probably like the next gen game better if it was only sonic or only sonic with tails following where someone can pick up the second controller and play as tails just like in the 2d games

Hyper_Sonic00 said:
to be truthful i would probably like the next gen game better if it was only sonic or only sonic with tails following where someone can pick up the second controller and play as tails just like in the 2d games

sega has done it. in SA1, you where able to play CO-OP mode. alsao in shadow the hedghog.

metalsonic5555 said:
Ok I'm starting to get tired of people arguing that Silver is a shadow recolor in topics when someone wants to make a silver wad. So I made this topic so you can give your arguments.
The_4_sonic_rivals.jpg

I put this picture here becuase Shadow and silver are in almost in the same pose.
I personally think he's not at the least hes a partial recolor.

what the!? knuckles? is knuckles the fourth characther!?

and no way is silver a recolour he head is diffrent, he eyes are slightly diffrent from shadows, and his shoes are diffrent as well..

RgxSuperSonic said:
what the!? knuckles? is knuckles the fourth character!? .

Well Knuckles was Sonic's first rival, so it's not so surprising that he is a character in sonic rivals.

All right, people, let's get this much straight:

By "recolor", it does not mean literally the same model character with alternate colors. It means a similar character. Don't throw around the whole "o lol not a recolorlol difrnt glovz hair shoes, angstyass attitude", etc. We mean darned similar looks, basic design, and abilities. Got that? Good.

Now, as far as Silver goes:

We do NOT need him. In fact, quite the opposite. There's been an abomination of new characters lately. Cream, Shadow, Jet, etc. Characters like what we've seen recently are only good as multi-player skins. I'm all for new characters. Always have been. But I'm not for the same character in a different model.

Dark Warrior said:

By "recolor", it does not mean literally the same model character with alternate colors. It means a similar character. Don't throw around the whole "o lol not a recolorlol difrnt glovz hair shoes, angstyass attitude", etc. We mean darned similar looks, basic design, and abilities. Got that? Good.

We do NOT need him. In fact, quite the opposite. There's been an abomination of new characters lately. Cream, Shadow, Jet, etc. Characters like what we've seen recently are only good as multi-player skins. I'm all for new characters. Always have been. But I'm not for the same character in a different model.

Normally i would agree with you Dark Warrior, but you can just say almost the same thing with sonic and shadow...

The truth is, most of the sonic characters are all based on the same feature...

big spikey head
big connected eyes
round black nose
skinny arms and legs
big sneakers..... etc.

its not that they are recolors is just that theyare based from the same type of appearance style...

chaos_sonic said:
RgxSuperSonic said:
what the!? knuckles? is knuckles the fourth character!? .

Well Knuckles was Sonic's first rival, so it's not so surprising that he is a character in sonic rivals.

to tell you the truth, i was expecting tails as the fourth characther but, hopefully they will give knuckles good decent levels and not crappy find the emerald type levels...

God! i hate those find the emerald levels!

RgxSuperSonic said:
Dark Warrior said:

Normally i would agree with you Dark Warrior, but you can just say almost the same thing with sonic and shadow...

big spikey head
big connected eyes
round black nose
skinny arms and legs
big sneakers..... etc.

its not that they are recolors is just that theyare based from the same type of appearance style...

Your reasoning implies I approve of Shadow as a character of use outside multi-player skin. But I don't. So, yes, my argumet there stands. And, even worse than Silver (Which I would have considered almost impossible), Shadow plays almost exactly to Sonic in all the other games he is in.

Dark Warrior said:
RgxSuperSonic said:
Dark Warrior said:

big spikey head
big connected eyes
round black nose
skinny arms and legs
big sneakers..... etc.

Your reasoning implies I approve of Shadow as a character of use outside multi-player skin. But I don't. So, yes, my argumet there stands. And, even worse than Silver (Which I would have considered almost impossible), Shadow plays almost exactly to Sonic in all the other games he is in.

I guess you can say that, but its just another characther, also remember, you dont have to play as the others if you dont want to...
and lately they are trying to make the gameplay of all the charcthers diffrent so there is really no reason to go insane. well, you might even like silvers gameplay if you just tried it, :wink:

It's not the gameplay differences that bothers me. That can be a very good thing. It's the sticking of what looks darn close to an original character there and making it totally stupid. I mean, there's no reason they can't just make another one of the characters work it. I mean, come on, there are millions of possibilities between Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, (along with the Chaos/Master Emeralds which they managed to work into with SA1/2 in which potential is granted to Knuckles to use them, for example) some of the Chaotix (Yes, Chaotix were allright...Somewhat), and, yes, Rouge (Who, while so far they've used as a Knuckles or Tails replacement, has real potential as a character. It's just ignored.)

Actually, that's the problem right there. Sonic Team unwittingly stumbles on an excellent idea, like Rouge, who's gameplay can be anywhere from totally different from any of the others to a Tails/Knuckles combination between Flight and Strength, and ignore it. Instead, they go on and make Shadow a more focussed character, when he should have stayed an alternate skin to Sonic, and just that.

Dark Warrior said:
It's not the gameplay differences that bothers me. That can be a very good thing. It's the sticking of what looks darn close to an original character there and making it totally stupid. I mean, there's no reason they can't just make another one of the characters work it. I mean, come on, there are millions of possibilities between Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, some of the Chaotix (Yes, Chaotix were allright...Somewhat), and, yes, Rough (Who, while so far they've used as a Knuckles or Tails replacement, has real potential as a character. It's just ignored.) Actually, that's the problem right there. Sonic Team unwittingly stumbles on an excellent idea, like Rouge, who's gameplay can be anywhere from totally different from any of the others to a Tails/Knuckles combination between Flight and Strength, and ignore it. Instead, they go on and make Shadow a more focussed character, when he should have stayed an alternate skin to Sonic, and just that.

I understand what your saying, but shadow has "storyline and an attitude"
also hes very popular, which makes Sonic Team focus on him, the truth is
only the die hard fans would like to see Rouge as a main characther in a game and the game would most likely be a flop. Unless Rouge was as popular as sonic, shadow, or knuckles, Sonic team will focus on the poplular characthers. Besides, most people wont like the fact that they are focusing on side characthers like big, rouge, and cream, that nobody likes (no offense). They want to concentrate on main and popular characters that people care about. Thats the sad fact.

No, you missed the point. Sonic should always be the main character in these games. What I was saying is that good ideas are tossed out. Rougr makes a great potential supporting character. There was no real reason they didn't use her as such. And, just because an emo-freak like Shadow is poular is no real reason to use him. They don't need him as a supporting character, much less a main character, because he plays close to Sonic. Same goes for Silver. We don't need another one. Especialy an abused "From the future" character. This is just plain obnoxious.

Dark Warrior said:
No, you missed the point. Sonic should always be the main character in these games. What I was saying is that good ideas are tossed out. Rough makes a great potential supporting character. There was no real reason they didn't use her as such. And, just because an emo-freak like Shadow is poular is no real reason to use him. They don't need him as a supporting character, much less a main character, because he plays close to Sonic. Same goes for Silver. We don't need another one. Especialy an abused "From the future" character. This is just plain obnoxious.

ooh ok now i really understand.. ok sonic shoul still be the main charcter in the games...ok

but like i said for some reason its a popularity contest, if the character is popular he will be put into the game...

thats how life is..

Me personally, I like the new characters. It's just that there abusing the fact that they can put new characters. Every single new game they come out with it's like maybe we should put a new character so that people will enjoy seeing new rivals and friends. But the point is that they put to much new characters and they need to slow down. Silver might be my new favorite character next to Espyo. He looks really cool.

M.V.P said:
Me personally, I like the new characters. It's just that there abusing the fact that they can put new characters. Every single new game they come out with it's like maybe we should put a new character so that people will enjoy seeing new rivals and friends. But the point is that they put to much new characters and they need to slow down. Silver might be my new favorite character next to Espyo. He looks really cool.

thats true, they should put new characters like every few games not everyone, unless they have a serious effect on the story..

but everygame should have new bosses, levels, enemies and some new elements.. thats a must to me.....

shadow hog said:
Alright, I DID have a post all ready to go and everything, but then my Internet conked out and wouldn't come back up. Needless to say, I've lost it. Curses.

But anyway, the gist of it is, I really think people are overreacting to the CHARACTER design, not the game flaws - by all means, complain about the game flaws. I'm probably not going to care, since I loved Adventure and this is essentially a prettier version.

Oh, and multiple characters aren't an issue if they're all fun to play as. Apparently, Silver very much is. I dunno about Shadow.

this is a good point which was found in another topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back