Sign the petition to have SRB2ME compiled with GCC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conic

It's a good thing for exe modders, and would allow people on a Mac or Linux to play netgames with Windows people. Way better compatibility.

Signers:

Conicpp
Kaysakado
Dark Warrior
~Autosaver
The Dark Fox
Cue
Super
Sonic260
Jacy
Silent_Snipe
SilverESP
Chisuun
Shado
mikesword221
Jellybones69
hannahthehedgecat
Shrike
Flame_the_hedgehog
~ Blue Warrior
Torgo
yoshibot
- Zeldagamer00
SRB2WikiSonicMaster (No, I'm not going to put that ASCII art in.)
-Dr.Pepper
Pepe
Hyper Shadic X
Turtle Man
Chaos Knux
-Prime 2.0
Mikel
SuperSonicStar*
dominicapopo
AshuraXDemon
tails92
~ ShadowAurion
Dark Metal
Ghost_Zero
JetTheHawk

This is what the people want, SSN.

Anti-signature

Still not totally sure what GCC even stands for, but if it's stupid enough for a HDIJ petition, I don't want it.

I'll let someone else explain the differences between GCC and MSVC compiles, but I'll just say that this would basically be asking that SRB2ME be compiled with something like Dev-C++ instead of MS Microsoft Visual C++. Supposedly, this would solve some consistency errors with cross-platform SRB2 netgames, but I'm not sure about that, so don't quote me on it. Also, I think I can agree to this, yes.

Dark Warrior said:
I'll let someone else explain the differences between GCC and MSVC compiles, but I'll just say that this would basically be asking that SRB2ME be compiled with something like Dev-C++ instead of MS Microsoft Visual C++. Supposedly, this would solve some consistency errors with cross-platform SRB2 netgames, but I'm not sure about that, so don't quote me on it.Too bad. Also, I think I can agree to this, yes.

Cool!

Sign

Dark Warrior said:
Supposedly, this would solve some consistency errors with cross-platform SRB2 netgames, but I'm not sure about that, so don't quote me on it.

Pretty much, yeah. I've been nagging AJ to and he's been thinking about it.

sign'd

Draykon said:
Still not totally sure what GCC even stands for, but if it's stupid enough for a HDIJ petition, I don't want it.

Gnu C Compiler. I was afraid it would get locked anywhere else.

I guess, I was kinda afraid it would get locked anywhere else. If someone wants to move this, that's okay with me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back