Shadow Spin-off Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
But do you actually think they're going to emulate the Saturn? Or the Sega Model 2? They couldn't even emulate the SCD! Even the best Saturn emulators aren't practical to actually play games on- they still have a long way to go.

Bottom line is, they are either going to actually work and port the games using the games' source (which I am very doubtful of) or this is something else.

I know that... I just said they couldn't emulate the SCD (Sega CD).

I was arguing another assumption that people are making: that Sega is going to put Sonic the Fighters and Saturn titles in this.

I thought Sonic the Fighters was an Arcade game or something? Eh, I could always be wrong.. I don't know much about anything sega has made outside of the Genesis or Dreamcast..

wtf? is this some kind of way of showing that Sonicteam is sick of there regular games? like those game creators did spyro? i am not ready to see Sonic being pushed out of the spot light..But all of there games has been fun, why bring in guns? whats next, mario on gta, beating up crack dealers?? I can't tell if its real nor fake... we just gotta wait till the holidays.
-Flare

firemario1001 said:
But do you actually think they're going to emulate the Saturn? Or the Sega Model 2? They couldn't even emulate the SCD! Even the best Saturn emulators aren't practical to actually play games on- they still have a long way to go.

Bottom line is, they are either going to actually work and port the games using the games' source (which I am very doubtful of) or this is something else.

Sega owns GiriGiri.

I've never heard that.

Likewise, that they couldn't emulate Sonic CD was only a rumor. I seriously doubt they couldn't if they wanted to actually do it. If all else, port the PC version. Just... include both soundtracks when ya do. They both rock. Excluding one is blasphemy, particularly if it's the JPN one.

I was actually hopping that CD would make it into a Sega Ages Volume. Sonic CD with dual Soundtracks, high resolution, full frame videos, an improved engine, and the ability to time attack all the levels in the game would make this the greatest thing since Sonic 3+ Knuckles.

Maybe get Artoon to remake it!

New info: Now Shadow has to take on not only the Guardian Unit of Nations, but also good ol' Dr. Eggman (who will try to convince you to take his side, and yes, you CAN ally yourself with him), and... aliens.

Did I mention you get to ride vehicles? All this, and 50 missions!

In other news, Cillit Bang.

Especially the fact that Dr. Eggman is now tricking characters that are stupider than Knuckles.

Multiple endings... That's always a good idea. Dunno how well it'll be implemented though...

Im only worried about the fact that if Sonic fans are THIS skeptical about the game I can only imagine how anti-Sonic fans will ridicule it. And Sonic fans won't be able to defend it bif they don't even like it. :( Plus if this story is about what I think it's about, then I'll have to turn in my SonicFan card. Im tired of my ideas being ripped! Damn you SEGA! Damn you too SONIC TEAM! And SQUARE! And you too CAPCOM! :evil:

Seriosly though, why a gun? I mean, when I read about it, I thought they meant the GUN (guardians of blah blah blah). Then when I saw the video, I just couldn't belive it. Sonic Team is adding to the violence campaigne! Come on! And this game is supposed to be E-rated?

I also noticed they used the Sonic Heroes Model. What's with that? The robots are from SA2/B, I can see that. The textures seem to be from SA1, SA2, and Heroes. Sonic Team must be getting lazy...

JetKrazy said:
Sonic Team must be getting lazy...
Sonic Team USA, to be sure. Not to mention Iizuka's a jerk, totally screwing up the formula "to capture a new type of audience". Somebody deserves a demotion.

Sonic Team over at Japan seems to have the right idea with Phantasy Star Universe, though... IT looks pretty dang good, especially in comparison to this dreck.

Shadow The Hedgehog just scares me!! Phantasy Star Universe looks very nice, it looks like it could be a next-gen game but in reality it is not. I know Sonic Team is working on a DS game and a new Gamecube game which should be announced at E3. The new "Sonic Gems Collection" could be the new Gamecube game or it could be something different. :?

JetKrazy said:
I also noticed they used the Sonic Heroes Model. What's with that? The robots are from SA2/B, I can see that. The textures seem to be from SA1, SA2, and Heroes. Sonic Team must be getting lazy...

Are you so dumb to not think of the fact that the stuff is simply makeshift until they flesh out the actual work? It's just a small trailer for crying out loud! wait until we have a demo or something to actually go by. this is why the Sonic community drives me nuts, you jump to conclusions faster than Sonic can run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back