• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Seaside Valley Zone AKA MetalHead7's Mod (Under Construction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't fond anything wrong with this level... I really like the new tiki poles. Very sonic 1.
Looking forward to seeing the real act 2!

I've added some scenery and other such things in the cave and other places, especially at the beach at the end. I've added some totem poles and things. I'll think of some more architecture to put in, as well.

@Kirblord: Yeah, that's going to be my next zone. It's going to be difficult to do it right, but I think I'll be able to if I learn a bit about PolyObjects and enemy scripting.

Last edited:
I just played this mod and I found it rather fun! Although, when I added the map it said "added maps
MAPC1
MAPC4
MAPC0"
I played two of the maps then it sent me off to GFZ2, so I checked the wad in doom builder, played it, only to find this.
weyvg.png
Is this some sort of foreshadowing that you're going to continue this and make it into a mod?

Moderator Notice:
*Snip*
I've submitted it to the Submissions board, but in case it doesn't make it to Releases, here it is.

EDIT: Ah. Should've known I can't do that. Sorry everyone.

EDIT2: Work has begun on SVZ2, though I haven't gotten far. I find myself working on CPZ1 more, however. So yeah, that's happening.

Last edited:
I've played the release one and I thought there would be some more changes like the first area where there is a beach theme, I thought you might do something for that.

I feel like maybe I should update the WAD here rather than in the release topic, since the changes I've made affect both extra maps. I'll take some time to consider this and reread the forum rules to see if I should just update the released one anyway.

You know that you can update the wad in the release, you don't have to keep "beta updating" in the editing forum. For example look at Ezer.Arch's ArchPack Development, he is still updating and reading our comments on his level so that he can improve it.

Notice: This project is on temporary hiatus due to exams/lack of ideas/lack of motivation. Mostly exams though.
EDIT: I've been finding time to make small edits. Expect another update to SVZ1 soon.
EDIT2: Never mind, I'll update it after I've mostly finished SVZ2. Keep you all in suspense :P
EDIT3: Progress is happening! I have made music for SVZ2. It's a very upbeat remix of SVZ1. I don't know if I'll keep it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back