• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Seaside Valley Zone AKA MetalHead7's Mod (Under Construction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been progress, but not enough to talk about. I'm working on/perfecting a small ruin in the cave, part of which is submerged. I will update you when it is finished.

EDIT: Also, I'm redoing the music so it sounds like Sonic 2. It's gonna be great :3

EDIT2: New beta. Yes, I know the ruin isn't done yet. I'm working on it. What do you think of the new music?

Last edited:
Oh, a new demo. Give me a bit to test it.
-------------
Test complete. The new music is pretty good.
The ruins seem interesting. perhaps use more than one texture though.
I have a thought though.
77c6UVD.png
Why not put something in this hole?I know it's for show, but a monitor would work well here.

Last edited:
Awwh, you changed it. The genesis soundfont sounds a little out of place. I still like it a lot though.

Also lol I can drown in mid-air now. You forgot to remove the water from the little passage in the rights side of the cave and below the waterfall.

Last edited:
The ruins seem interesting. perhaps use more than one texture though.
What do you suggest? Also, I'm glad you like the new music.

I didn't leave that in on purpose, but I might just do that.

The Genesis soundfont sounds a little out of place. I still like it a lot though.
It's cool, catchy, and...what was the other one? Anyway, I might redo it again, I was just happy to finally have Sonic 2 drums to work with.

Also lol I can drown in mid-air now. You forgot to remove the water from the little passage in the rights side of the cave and below the waterfall.
I did that on purpose. The sectors that contain the ruins (and the one that surrounds it) are staying water-less until I'm done putting FOFs in the ruins. They'll be used for ceilings in it and stuff.

EDIT: "Cool, sweet, and catchy!" That's it.

Last edited:
For only the short time I had to play the beta before my brother kicked me off the computer, I actually liked the level. It's a good start.

I honestly don't know. I just feel one texture will get boring. Isn't there a version with vines on it? Try putting that in occasionally.
I could look through all the textures and pick out one...
EDIT:
Try these
MM4.png
MM3.png
MMB4.png
MMB3.png

Last edited:
Ooh. I thought just the bricks would be better, but now you've got me thinking.

Brick textures in the ruin are being changed to DSZ rocks and a few flats that start with "MM".

This level would do great if there were some classic custom enemies, I think it would add more effect.

That's not a bad idea, but I don't know if that's possible yet. Let me just finish what I have, and I'll worry about this afterward.

I used Anvil Studio, MODplug, and Audacity.
Allow me to elaborate, though:
Anvil Studio is freeware for creating MIDI music.
MODplug is freeware for creating music using any sample you've got, MIDI or not. It can also import MIDIs. I have a soundfont called the "Ultimate Genesis Soundfont" that I use with it, and I have .wav samples of the drums from Sonic 2.
Audacity is a simple freeware sound editor.
I compose in Anvil Studio, put the MIDI in the WAD, import the MIDI to MODplug, change the instruments to similar Genesis ones, export each instrument to .ogg, modify volume/pitch with Audacity, export the project to OGG, and put that in the WAD as well. That way, I have a MIDI and an OGG soundtrack.
By the way, there are websites for all three of those.
Did that answer your question?

UPDATE: Ruin is about 50% finished. There is an area that splits off via a hole in the floor. Should be interesting, hopefully. WAD will be updated after I do the other 50%.

Double post because I can.

Nah. I don't have the patience to learn an instrument. I can play a tiny bit of guitar, though.

I use Winamp for that.

A how-to:
> Download & install Winamp
> Configure properly
> Play zone music in Winamp
> Right-click
> "View file info"
> Locate "Comment" field
> Insert loop point using syntax LOOPPOINT=<value>
More on that at the wiki
> Click "OK"
I'm going to assume you know what to do from there.

I use Winamp for that.

A how-to:
> Download & install Winamp
> Configure properly
> Play zone music in Winamp
> Right-click
> "View file info"
> Locate "Comment" field
> Insert loop point using syntax LOOPPOINT=<value>
More on that at the wiki
> Click "OK"
I'm going to assume you know what to do from there.
Don't you have to pay for winamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back